Thread: Wipeout 2048 Mod Manager

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Default Wipeout 2048 Mod Manager

firestar.jpg

New from the Vita hacking community: Firestar, a Wipeout 2048 Mod Manager by bonkmaykr.

Firestar is a cross-platform Java-based mod manager for WipEout 2048, which runs on a desktop/laptop computer and aims to allow easy installation of mods for users with very little hassle. It is compatible with both real PSVita hardware, as well as emulators.

Main pages: https://screwgravity.net/firestar/, https://git.worlio.com/bonkmaykr/firestar

How to use + existing mods: https://git.worlio.com/bonkmaykr/firestar/wiki

Seems promising so far. Hopefully we'll get mods that enable the online ship liveries and possibly, if the stars align, even create a makeshift Racebox mode of sorts for WO2048 on the Vita.

Additionally, the Vita3k emulator is running WO2048 at a nearly perfect state. Combined with this mod manager, we could be looking at a major revival for the game once online functionality becomes reliable.

2024-07-12_15-02.png
    Last edited by T-301; Yesterday at 09:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Just bought it again (vita and 2048 on the ps store) last friday, and already pimped this machine into a wipeout terminator
    Wipeout 2048 with HD online crossplay what else
    Got also back Pulse (and maybe online support soon)
    I could go on pure, or even older but god it's already way too many wipeout for me
    Bonkmaykr you are a wizard, keep up this awesome job
    Last edited by kanar; 14th July 2024 at 05:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hello! Thanks for the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by T-301 View Post
    Hopefully we'll get mods that enable the online ship liveries and possibly, if the stars align, even create a makeshift Racebox mode of sorts for WO2048 on the Vita.
    Working on those pretty soon--I did try to dig around in the files but I didn't find anything pertaining to the online unlocks. According to thatonebonk, awarding alternate liveries to your save file is done by the matchmaking server, but that could be wrong. We do have texture swaps 100% working though (see image), so a good workaround should be to just swap Livery1 and Livery3 in the ship's folder.

2024-07-02-112115.png

As for everything else, prettymuch anything we can do in WipEout HD we can do in 2048, including custom GUIs. Since there's a lot of code and engine features left over a racebox mode should theoretically be easy to add. We can't put it on the campaign grid though as that uses it's own proprietary system, but the old XML systems from HD Fury are editable.

Right now Wirlaburla and I are cooking up Firestar 1.3, we're finishing up the custom playlist generator and we'll be out with the update sometime [s]this month[/s] this fall.

2024-07-17_05-48.png
    Last edited by bonkmaykr; 12th August 2024 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Update was delayed

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hello again,

While cleaning up some of the list sorting code I noticed there's a pretty serious bug with mod lists larger than 10 mods. If you have too many mods you may run into a problem where the list rearranges itself every time it reloads. It seems like decimal numbers in ~/.firestar/mods/index are not read correctly.

We've fixed this bug in the latest commit and it should be out soon when 1.3 is done. If you need this fixed right away and can't wait for 1.3, I can provide a developer build or you can compile the source code yourself with Gradle. Cheers!

P.S. Wirla has been digging around some more and found some leftover files from a dev menu which could allow access to racebox (no promises), we're looking for a way to reimplement them. Stay tuned
    Last edited by bonkmaykr; 25th July 2024 at 05:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Quote Originally Posted by bonkmaykr View Post
    Hello again,

While cleaning up some of the list sorting code I noticed there's a pretty serious bug with mod lists larger than 10 mods. If you have too many mods you may run into a problem where the list rearranges itself every time it reloads. It seems like decimal numbers in ~/.firestar/mods/index are not read correctly.

We've fixed this bug in the latest commit and it should be out soon when 1.3 is done. If you need this fixed right away and can't wait for 1.3, I can provide a developer build or you can compile the source code yourself with Gradle. Cheers!

P.S. Wirla has been digging around some more and found some leftover files from a dev menu which could allow access to racebox (no promises), we're looking for a way to reimplement them. Stay tuned
    Great to hear. Hope it all works out well.