PDA

View Full Version : Board games anyone?

Hellfire_WZ
10th March 2015, 08:14 PM
Obviously we're all video game fans here, but does anyone dabble in board games? I'm not talking card games like MTG or miniature games like Warhammer, but proper board-based games. Things like Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Risk, etc.

I've got into them in quite a big way since I started my Tabletop Gaming club at the school I work at. The themed stuff from Fantasy Flight Games is outstanding, their Battlestar Galactica board game is easily among the best I've played. Anyone else play board games at all? Main reason I ask is because of Tabletop Simulator on Steam, which has workshop mods that emulate loads of current board games, so if any of you lot want to play or learn how to play...? :)

terra-wrists
10th March 2015, 09:08 PM
i really like scrabble, does it count?

Hybrid Divide
10th March 2015, 11:57 PM
I think Scrabble counts, I like it.

Settlers of Catan is fun. And so is this other game, I think its name is a french word that starts with "C", and plays a bit like Settlers of Catan. Good times.

Also Chess.

BardicSMG
11th March 2015, 05:56 AM
I played Talisman a couple times. Long run time, but really fun.

Jonny
11th March 2015, 05:28 PM
My brother always wants to play Monopoly.
Speaking about it, now I want to play Mensch ärgere dich nicht.

Hellfire_WZ
11th March 2015, 06:38 PM
I played Talisman a couple times. Long run time, but really fun.

Talisman's great if you've got a spare evening, a real classic. The Warhammer 40k adaptation of it, Relic, is also worth a look and has really streamlined the ruleset.

Hybrid Divide
11th March 2015, 11:47 PM
Good to know! I'll have to look for that one. Odds are, a friend already has it.

Thanks! :D

ThoughtfulSystem_95
13th March 2015, 07:57 PM
I did play a few board games like Clue, The game of Life (My little sister set it to 99 turns one time), and Monopoly.
I don't know if Battleship counts as a board game, if it does, that's was one of my favorites. :)

Rennfisch
13th March 2015, 08:28 PM
I've got every add-ons of Settlers of Catan. I really love that game, but it isn't fun with only a few players.