PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

Jonny
27th December 2014, 03:06 AM
Speaking of hobbys and jobs, not "Reading your stupid new threat" :P

Actually I was just wondering what the WipEout community regulary does, beside...playing WipEout.

TheConzio
27th December 2014, 07:07 AM
Right now: Having trouble releasing a new album

Ace3000
27th December 2014, 11:34 AM
Ooh, a new album! What problems are you having?

TheConzio
27th December 2014, 12:50 PM
I have changed my distribution company for the new album, but I later found out that "TheConzio" would be automatically changed to "Theconzio".
I'm attempting to sort it out with them via email. I have already pre-payed the albums' release, so I really hope it works out...

Here's the cover photo for a preview :)

Ace3000
27th December 2014, 01:01 PM
Eugh, that sucks. Oh well, nothing I can do to help, considering you've already pre-paid the release. (Never heard of something like that, btw)

Knux_Chaotix
27th December 2014, 01:20 PM
Sticking with the musical theme thats going here, Im gathering tunes etc for New Years Eve. Me and 2 of my friends are DJ-ing from 9pm until 5am for it!!! That means we get to ring in the New Year at midnight!!! Super excited about it. New Year is a huge thing here

Jonny
27th December 2014, 03:07 PM
Isn't New year everywhere a big thing (beside geting celebrated at different dates) ?

Knux_Chaotix
27th December 2014, 03:56 PM
No one does New Year quite like the Scottish :P

ThoughtfulSystem_95
2nd January 2015, 11:02 PM
Sorry to break the music theme here, but I'm currently drawing a few pictures. However I am getting a little frustrated and discouraged. :frown::brickwall:frown::brickwall

Hopefully, I will get it right.

Meg.A.Byte
4th January 2015, 11:29 PM
Sorry to break the music theme here, but I'm currently drawing a few pictures. However I am getting a little frustrated and discouraged.

Hopefully, I will get it right.

What exactly is it? I'm curious.
By the way, I just constructed my first package from my new book. It took me an hour and a half, but the result is quite nice. And I love the self locking system, no more gluing needed.

ThoughtfulSystem_95
5th January 2015, 12:32 AM
Well, it's just an anthropomorphism of FEISAR (Not just the ship, but the team) with the FEISAR ship for a series of drawings I wanted to do. But I was having trouble drawing said ship. Took me a few tries until I finally got it!:rock

You can see it in my album called "WipEout art".

Jonny
5th January 2015, 02:54 AM
That's a book? I mean that white cube.

Anyway, I'm going to spend the night in two cardboard boxes I laid in my bed, surprisingly it's quiet confortable.
I call that construction "Cardboard-Bed-Bed" (German "Karton-Bett-Bett")

- - - Updated - - -

I decided to throw away the cardboard stuff, it became hot in it XD
BTW it's 5 AM and I f'cking can't sleep, the holidays...

Meg.A.Byte
5th January 2015, 03:23 PM
No, that's not the book. I recently got a book with tutorials how to construct those geometrical shapes.

TheConzio
7th February 2015, 04:55 AM
Today I bought a "never used" PS1 with a copy of WipEout :D

stin
8th February 2015, 08:32 AM
Nice one!, enjoy while you can!

stevie:)

Knux_Chaotix
8th February 2015, 12:16 PM
Crying in bed with a killer hangover >.< I need chicken, all of the chicken... And Irn Bru...

BardicSMG
8th February 2015, 04:26 PM
I wanna make WipEout 1 fan-art of CM Punk, but I'm lazy as all hell.

DJ Techno
11th February 2015, 06:11 AM
Finally in a house...

Not an apartment
Still to busy to Wipeout or Magic the Gathering.
Even though my psps, vita, go n some decks were stolen from me. By having roommates n so call trusty friends. But away from those people now.

I'm getting happy again. Me my dog Apollo n a girl

Rossriders
16th February 2015, 01:43 AM
I have to say for starters...I apologize for being a ghost for a while.

My life has been...not fun. I'd spare details but besides how I'd be using every 4 letter and a 5 letter word, to say nothing of a major insulting word, I hate being a killjoy. Not to mention I rant enough on one or two places elsewhere.

It's been a rather difficult few months to be very honest...and I don't know if things will get any easier, matter of fact one or two things less they reach a resolution, will make life that much more difficult and painful.

I'm trying to just hang in there, but I'm rather close to tears. If anyone is even curious, I just might leave a link to a DA journal if/when I get to making it.

Outside that, trying to get back into an art groove and doing so has been impossible given all I'm dealing with, I hope to show some stuff your way, but right now it may just be stuff already posted on DA. We'll see if things even have a sliver of improvement.

I...I'm not sure what else to say for now.

So till then...

mannjon
17th February 2015, 03:58 PM
Eagerly waiting for the Novation Launchpad mini!!!! I've been working on a project recently with Absynth 3 Pro, FL Studio 11 Producer Edition, and this should be the final hardware I need to actually release an EDM album on Beatport. I've been mixing for about a decade with no actual releases.

To that effect, I also have a website back up, er sort of... that isn't quite integrated yet. Pless is horrible.

Oh, and um job hunting for a programmer gig. Anyone need an American programmer that can 3d model, is an ace at the Adobe Creative Suite, and can program music?

Knux_Chaotix
23rd February 2015, 11:42 AM
Recovering after the best weekend ever!! Was in Utrecht for the A State Of Trance Festival and had the time of my life <3 All the raver pains now though XD But well worth it ^_^

Ace3000
23rd February 2015, 12:09 PM
Oh, and um job hunting for a programmer gig. Anyone need an American programmer that can 3d model, is an ace at the Adobe Creative Suite, and can program music?

Aww, if only that 3D modelling thing was free. Oh well, people needs money, I guess.

I'm curious, though. How much would it be to 3D model a WipEout ship?

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 12:44 PM
Are you asking for what I think you're asking for, because if what I think what you're asking for is what you think you're asking for, then I think you should think about asking for more than one ship.

Ace3000
23rd February 2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I know, but I'm kinda asking how much per ship... unless you do some kind of deal like X amount of dollars off a ship... or something.

yes i'm asking him about 3D modelling Angelus ships.

blackwiggle
23rd February 2015, 01:52 PM
I'm on holidays for two weeks.
I've been looking at getting my 1978 Gibson ES 347 re-fretted [been quoted AUS$500 -which is reasonable if you know whats involved ]

I went to a Guitar shop to check out a small VOX tube amp, and a couple of cheap Fender Squire copies.
Here's a demo of the amp I intended to get [VOX AC4C1 ] it's a 4wch class A tube amp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gfPRt6AiWI
I was told they had the Amp plus one of the Fender "Classic Vibe" model guitars I wanted when ringing beforehand.
When arriving 45 minutes later, they had sold the Amp, and only had one guitar.

The sales guy felt like ****, and I was not impressed, as it had taken me a hour via express train to get to the shop.

To cut a long story short.
I ended upgrading to a MIM Strat.....AUS cost $840 [sunburst finishes cost $35 more]

I wasn't done there.
I originally wanted a Strat & a Telecaster.

When I asked for a Telecaster in White and was told that 'None Available" ...I wasn't impressed.
Ended up getting offered a 2014 USA Standard Telecaster in Transparent Crimson with hard case, that had been traded in for a Les Paul [it was basically new] cost Aus$1100

Next shot a good Overdrive/ distortion pedal
Few if any better than the hand built Fulltone Plimsoul ....add it to the inventory

ME NEED AMP !!!
Since the small VOX was unavailable..... I was at first offered a VOX AC15C1 for around $700 [it seemed a peace making deal since the amp I had traveled 40k for was no longer available] ....wasn't impressed.

While the paperwork was being done, the sales guy excused himself and asked to speak to owner privately.
Around 5 minutes later the sales guy appears and says, I can offer you a VOX AC151CX for $770 [even a great discount price would be $1100]
I bought it.

So what was looking like a horrid day out, ended up rather well:rock

mannjon
23rd February 2015, 02:12 PM
Normally most people that freelance this type of work have an hourly rate. For me, since I do so much, here in the US my rates for various things are as follows:

Programming - $100 - $150/hr with 1 hour minimum (however this really depends on the type of programming. Hand coding C++/C# are way tougher to do than Css or HTML for example).
Graphic Design - $50/hr with 1 hour minimum (I'm quick at this though, once again it also depends on the work).
Web Pages - I charge either my design fee, or if it is a longer web site I charge by the page. Prices here vary based on the complexity and amount of extras like css, of jscript stuff
3D Modelling - This one greatly differs. For anything that is to be tooled, or that requires very tight tolerances, I charge $150/hr because there is usually some liability on the line. For any modelling that doesn't need to be tooled or machined later I charge much less based on the job, but usually around $50/hr.

Now these aren't standard rates. My fee for programming per hour is on the low side because I haven't had nearly as much experience as some 10 year veteran has had. You can expect to pay for what you get for any of these rates. Likewise, $50/hr might seem a bit high for graphic design, but around here in my city, I'm just about the best you can get and I'm really efficient too. So what might take someone else 4 hours, I can have done in 1.5 or 2. 3D modelling is much like programming for me. I'm pretty good at intermediate level stuff, and if I have to design it out first by hand and translate it to be machined, I do pretty well at it, however I haven't had too much experience in character modelling.

So the short answer to your question is that it depends on the complexity level of the ship. If you plan to do more of the details in the texture mapping as opposed to physically modelling it would probably be about a 8-10 hour job. If you are going for a higher level of physical detail, you could expect more like 48-72 hours for the job. Keep in mind this is coming from an industrial designer too. I have the abilities to handsketch, translate to a vector art program, model it, and do the texture mapping all myself. If you hire someone to do this type of work, be sure to know the extent of what all they can do. If they can model the ship but can't paint it, that isn't going to be what you need. Likewise if they can't model with much detail but can paint it up real nice, that won't work either. To get it professionally done, you're looking at probably $500 per ship at least, likely more realistically speaking. But there are plenty of talented folks right here on this forum that would likely do the work for free.

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 02:48 PM
Well if that's the case, know any good learning programs? I've got some blueprinting experience from training to be a machinist (yeah, I droped out, but print reading was my best class if it means anything), and I've been meaning to dabble in game design.

Snakenator1
23rd February 2015, 05:33 PM
Right now I'm trying to pull my Geology A level from my E/D to at least a D/C. Its a painfully hard and boring subject ;_;

At least I can sit comfortably on my Distinction* in ICT ^^

ThoughtfulSystem_95
23rd February 2015, 06:14 PM
Well, I wish you good luck! :)

By the way, I am trying to get an idea for another random drawing is what I'm doing. (2nd time I posted something in this thread) :?

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 07:56 PM
Right now, at this very moment, I'm starting to think I asked mannjon a stupid question. Maybe I should just use googIe... nah, I did the right thing.

In actuality, I normally would use googIe, but then I'd waste time going through useless ad crap without really learning anything. Unless that isn't the case... then I'll just use googIe.

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 01:44 AM
To get it professionally done, you're looking at probably $500 per ship at least, likely more realistically speaking. But there are plenty of talented folks right here on this forum that would likely do the work for free.

That.. ow.

Well, that answers my question. Thanks.

TheConzio
24th February 2015, 07:26 AM
I recently signed up to a national EDM competition, currently 20th

https://www.famemusic.com/competition/chart/wemc-australia#menu_competition

Hmm 2 stars atm on Dance Festival.. maybe I should have sent in Crystal Spark or Seeing is Believing :?:

TheConzio
27th February 2015, 04:56 AM
Got my leavers jacket :rock

and the front

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 05:36 AM
Please tell me your school is referred to as "Escape" due to the "Esc". XD

Jonny
27th February 2015, 09:13 AM
15? that's my number XD

TheConzio
12th March 2015, 09:54 AM
To compliment my PS1 purchase...

Ace: Wish it was, but it's just the abbreviated name of the school :)
Jonny: For the year of 2015 :P

blackwiggle
31st March 2015, 07:11 AM

Get A NegCon controller for the PSone WO games!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon

Ace3000
31st March 2015, 08:12 AM
DAAAMMMNN SON!

Seriously, those things are cool, I wish I had one. :D

Hellfire_WZ
8th April 2015, 07:44 AM
Busy painting this angry sod at the moment :)

slimjim
8th April 2015, 07:57 AM
Getting ready for an exciting day at work

TheConzio
12th April 2015, 03:37 PM
Went to RFLan's 50th event, with mates and some World of Tanks producers :rock

24 hours of good laughs and gaming

Ace3000
13th April 2015, 02:01 AM
Saturday and Sunday, I went to OzComicCon! Fun times!