PDA

View Full Version : Synergy Tournament 2015

Pages : [1] 2

Knux_Chaotix
17th December 2014, 10:54 PM
You guys asked for another Tournament, we're bringing it to you. The Wipeout Synergy Tournament is another team based tournament set to be awesome!!! Things are still in the works as you all know but with things coming together Snake and I thought it was time to get this started. All details and changes will be posted here as well as the final layout of the tournament. Here is where it begins.

If you guys are interested, get signed up in here!! We'll make a list of participants and start looking at potential teams. Just leave your PSN ID ^_^

WHEN - MARCH 28TH - MARCH 29TH AND APRIL 4TH - APRIL 5TH - TIME - 6PM GMT

SO HERE IS THE PLAN!!!

Pairs of 2 pilots will be set up randomly, this to prevent unbalanced teams.

On raceday, 1 pair will battle against 1 other pair in 3 Races, 1 Zone Battle and 1 Eliminator. The winning pair will move on to round 2 (which will take place after round 1 has been fully completed), the misfortune pair however will get knocked out of the tournament. Racing all other teams would be incredibly time consuming, so give it your all when its time!!!

With the variety in this tournament, pilots will have to show all their skills with racing, zone battle and eliminator.

The 3 races will be all in a different speed class, starting at Flash, Rapier then Phantom, this way nobody gets left out ;)

The Eliminator will be on Rapier speed class.

Zone battle will be set up with the maximum zone target(55), surpassing the phantom speed!!! Exciting no?? :P

The order of each round is as follows; Flash Race->Zone Battle->Rapier Race->Rapier Eliminator->Phantom Race

Date and time - March 28th - March 29th and April 4th - April 5th ^_^ Track and full rules to be posted very soon ^_^ Now... GO ADD YOUR TEAM MATE AND GET PRACTICING!!! Message and add them ASAP!!!

TEAMS

Team 1 - Chill and theconzio

Team 2 - slimjim2097 and mannjon

Team 3 - novide and vlhad13

Team 4 - DIXI200 and keg_11

Team 5 - scarfrogers and Mitchemous

Team 6 - Knux_Chaotix and Rapier_Racer

Team 7 - TERRA-WRISTS and Saramica

Team 8 - JFthebestJan and fab0810

Team 9 - AG Gamer and Maciek

ROUND 1

TRACKS - Flash - Metropia Reverse-- Zone Battle - Pro Tozo -- Rapier - Sebenco Reverse -- Eliminator - The Amphiseum -- Phantom - Anulpha Pass

Team 6 vs Team 8

Team 7 vs Team 3

Team 5 vs Team 1

Team 4 vs Team 2

Team 9 will race the first Team to loose so keep me posted asap and I'll have it updated quickly.

ROUND 2

TRACKS - Flash - Tech De Ra Reverse -- Zone Battle - Syncopia -- Rapier - Sebenco Climb -- Eliminator - Ubermall Reverse -- Phantom - Vineta K Reverse

Team 2 Vs Team 6

Team 1 vs Team 8

Team 3 will race the first losing Team

Try and get this done ASAP please guys. This has been delayed long enough.

RULES

Keeping these very much the same as previous tournaments such as Rebirth and Omnium. In case any of you are unfamiliar I'll post them on this too ^_^

The tournament will begin 8pm GMT on the Saturday and Sunday of the 2 weeks this is running. The time you and your Teams begin is negotiable to what suits you all best. All teams must have sent me their results buy 12pm GMT the following day. This is to ensure I can get Teams matched up asap and get things moving by Sunday evening for you all. Please do not be late with this. The sooner the better for everyone.

Teammates may set up Skype calls during the tournaments if they wish.

This is a Team based tournament, but cheeky tactics are prohibited. These are things like camping on weapon pads, one team member flying round the track backwards for the entire race firing as they go (I know, elims has "flip" but thats not what Im getting at) etc. If you're unsure of anything else along these lines let me know. Immediate disqualification and 0 points awarded for that race for anyone caught misbehaving, so keep your eyes open.

SET UP

All races with the exception of Zone Battle must be set up like the following...

Barrel rolls must be ON
Weapons must be ON
Pilot Assist must be ALLOWED
Weapon Hints must be OFF
Laps must be set to the default for each speed class
Zone Battle is to be set at the maximum level of 55
Eliminator event will be set to 400 points

DISCONNECTIONS

If someone drops out of a game while still in the lobby, the host must enter the settings menu to disable the countdown timer and wait for the player to reconnect. They will then need to issue a fresh invite. Continue as normal

If a player disconnects while in game, but before the countdown at the start of a race has completed, all players must disconnect immediately. The host will then need to set up a fresh lobby and re-invite all players, resuming from the same race. The same is true if a player drops at the end of a race after all players have finished

If a player disconnects DURING a race, unfortunately they will score zero for that race. The other players must finish the race and wait in the lobby for the disconnected player to reconnect.

POINTS AND SCORING

Keeping it simple with this. All events are scored with the following to avoid confusion

1st – 8 points
2nd – 6 points
3rd – 5 points
4th – 4 points
5th – 3 points
6th – 2 points
7th – 1 points
8th or DNF – 0 points

Please be sure each of you records your own individual scores and points. Wherever it is possible take note of them all in case there are any issues

This will keep changing as things progress ^_^ Many thanks to mannjon for the Synergy logo.

Uber props to Terra for making this mini trailer for the Tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7HD7eegiY4

terra-wrists
17th December 2014, 11:08 PM
sign me up: PSN-id: (hmmm, I have so many...) go with TERRA-WRISTS for now, it's been a while since I rolled with that voice in my head :D

Maciek1704
18th December 2014, 01:58 AM
PSN: Maciek1704
;)

Chill
18th December 2014, 04:21 AM
Psn: Vhx1138 :)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
18th December 2014, 10:07 AM
ID: xi-ei2aiiZZa-ix !Caution! : my participation depends on the time period of staging the tournament... :p

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2014, 12:16 PM
I'm in :)

vlhad13
18th December 2014, 02:15 PM
I'm in! a pleasure to play with you guys :)

Psn: vlhad13 :)

novide
18th December 2014, 03:34 PM
very very rusty novide is in

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2014, 07:22 PM
I'll see if I can put a logo together over the weekend if you want

Knux_Chaotix
18th December 2014, 08:01 PM
If you've got the time Hellfire that'd be awesome ^_^

slimjim
18th December 2014, 08:30 PM
ID: slimjim2097 my participation depends on the time period of staging the tournament :+

terra-wrists
18th December 2014, 10:32 PM
We've got enough pilots to do a trial run now. Just to see if this can work... iron out any unforseen probs etc. Just a suggestion.

mannjon
19th December 2014, 01:31 AM
mannjon is in.

Logo anyone?

Saramica12
19th December 2014, 05:51 AM
In! Marysh24! :meow:

slimjim
19th December 2014, 06:53 AM
do i count as a problem terra :brickwall

terra-wrists
19th December 2014, 09:29 AM
Nah you're a gem. Love ya bro.

Mannjon. Logo looks great man. Goes with yhe whole wipeout theme. And the video. Synergy? You bet :)

TheConzio
19th December 2014, 10:00 AM
In I am, race I must :)

DIXI200
19th December 2014, 11:15 AM
ID: DIXI200
Some problems with online connection and time .. but happy to be with you :)

Hellfire_WZ
19th December 2014, 11:55 AM
mannjon: Are you psychic!? That's pretty much the route I was going to go down! :)

terra-wrists
19th December 2014, 12:30 PM
Eric ate a banana and became ....

.... bananaman!!!!!

mannjon
19th December 2014, 12:48 PM
I made to try to fit the video theme. Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but the circle things were pulled from the in game icon when you are loading a race. If you halve the infinity looking symbol it you'll see what I'm talking about. ^_^

AGSys
20th December 2014, 03:51 AM
I'm in! :D

PSN: CJ4717

fab0810
20th December 2014, 08:29 AM
Cool a new tournament! Count me in

mannjon
20th December 2014, 08:30 PM
A haiku:

Wipeout Tournament.
Synergy Twenty Fifteen.

scarfrogers
21st December 2014, 02:56 PM
Scar is in, he is always IN

Knux_Chaotix
23rd December 2014, 07:02 AM
Participants list updated guys ^_^ If I've missed anyone let me know

stin
23rd December 2014, 05:38 PM
Feck it!, I`m in! stin_wz

stevie:)

Mitchemous
26th December 2014, 03:16 PM
Go ahead and add my name to the list.
PSN: Pontiac400

kleidoscopik_1er
2nd January 2015, 04:55 PM
@Knux_Chaotix: Nice to see you guys doing some effort to organize something.
But what about telling us what this tournament will be?
Except being aware of a tournament, we have zero infos about it.
Announcing a tournament and asking peoples to "subscribe" to it without giving any infos about it is really strange. xd
I'd like to know more than "hey, there will be something. Interrested? ". ;)

Snakenator1
2nd January 2015, 09:31 PM
Yo Kleido, we're still working on the finalized structure, I kinda took responsibility to get something out but I have had Coursework to complete and it has caused delays between the times I can work on it. I'm a bit of a liability sometimes :P

Promise it'll be out soon ^_^

If you want do consult the original thread to get some ideas for what things will be like:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9869-Upcoming-Tag-Team-Tournament-2015

keg_11
5th January 2015, 09:20 AM
If it helps, add me in initially, then when the final structure is released, I'll confirm if I can participate or not.

BlueWolf9498
8th January 2015, 01:12 PM
i can't say i will be entering, but i (Might). Only time will tell... and my job. :P

Knux_Chaotix
8th January 2015, 10:06 PM
BLUE!!! You're alive!!! Hello!!!

Right boys and girls, thats the first post updated. Sorry its taken longer than I hoped, festive period was chaos and Im still really quite sick :( But aye, go check the first post for a load of new info ^_^

Snakenator1
8th January 2015, 10:20 PM
I could of had provided more for the rules if I didn't have bloody pieces of coursework stacked one after another, I has no more free time xP
But do check out first post for the structure, DO IT NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW :D

terra-wrists
9th January 2015, 01:57 PM
Despite suggestions to keep the format simple, its gotten complicated.... I just hope u can pull this off. Experience tells me you've gone about this the wrong way and many will not be able to make the events.

Hope I'm wrong though.

JFthebestJan
9th January 2015, 02:13 PM
zone battle you say? that's nice, im in. have to defend a good reputation here. im trying to get hyperfluous aka p_denton involved too.

Rapier Racer
9th January 2015, 02:18 PM
3 Single races at 3 different speed classes, a Zone Battle and an Eliminator, seems simple? How is it complicated? Rinse and repeat for round 2 good way to involve all online modes. The last tournament, that was complicated.

Cipher
9th January 2015, 02:30 PM
^Didn't know you had a love for ZB JF? ^^

And it doesn't seem that complex Mosj i don't think, it's just a knockout between pairs of 2, with 5 games per battle (3 races, 1 elim, 1 ZB), kinda like the Wipeout HD Cup, just with the addition of pairs, 1 ZB and 1 elim, i think it should work, since it's pairs you should motivate your teammate to show up and what not, unlike equilibri where it was a bit messy

I'm sitll holding off on enrolling though, need to know the date to be certain wether or not i'll be free ;)

Cipher

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
9th January 2015, 02:30 PM
Think the same way. 4 player have to play at the same time for max. 30 min.
That should work *thumbs up"

terra-wrists
9th January 2015, 02:50 PM
^Didn't know you had a love for ZB JF? ^^

And it doesn't seem that complex Mosj i don't think, it's just a knockout between pairs of 2, with 5 games per battle (3 races, 1 elim, 1 ZB), kinda like the Wipeout HD Cup, just with the addition of pairs, 1 ZB and 1 elim, i think it should work, since it's pairs you should motivate your teammate to show up and what not, unlike equilibri where it was a bit messy

I'm sitll holding off on enrolling though, need to know the date to be certain wether or not i'll be free ;)

Cipher

My bad. I thought the various modes were to be played at different times lol. Ok uh, well, back to regular scheduled program then.

Just to be sure, we play all the game modes in one sitting? Right?

Mosj

Cipher
9th January 2015, 02:59 PM
Yeah, would be silly to do each one individually, as it's only 1 game per sitting then XD
Now it's 5 in one sitting, seems reasonable and not terribly time consuming ^^

Cipher

EDIT; Oh and HIYAAA BLUEEEE!!!!!! Join in!!! You have to! I'll drag you out of TF myself if i have to!!! :D

ALovelyLilith
10th January 2015, 08:32 AM
Lilith will skip on the Synergies!

BlueWolf9498
10th January 2015, 01:17 PM
we will see ringo cipher :P , again need to see if i'm going to be free during this. x3

slimjim
10th January 2015, 02:59 PM
any rough ideas when this will be happening?

Knux_Chaotix
11th January 2015, 06:59 PM
Would appreciate a little input from you guys at to a date. I did plan for the end of March if it suited everyone, but as I said, I know some have exams and other commitments.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
11th January 2015, 08:50 PM
End of march would be appreciated - i will have finsihed all exams and access to internet until then. So yeah ^_^

AGgamer
11th January 2015, 09:30 PM
I would like to join! I'm curious as to how well i'll do. how do i sign up? and more importantly how do i find a teammate? or is this post enough? My PSN is Yoshi1996 (I was 12 when i made it okay?)

Knux_Chaotix
11th January 2015, 10:07 PM
@AGgamer - To sign up all you need to do is leave your PSN I.D. and I'll update the list. Your team mate will be chosen at random ^_^

So end of March is looking good so far. Anyone else have any thoughts / suggestions?

Maciek1704
12th January 2015, 05:07 AM
I think, singing up should be closed in the end of February and teams should be created in beginning of March.

Knux_Chaotix
12th January 2015, 06:18 AM
This depends on peoples ability to compete. Still need a little more feed back about the date

Snakenator1
12th January 2015, 07:38 AM
End of March is the start of my exam period at college so I'll be in heavy revision. But I'm still happy with that as I can get away with it :)
March is good

TheConzio
12th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Late March is good for me as well.
I agree with Maciek, teams should be announced at the start of the month.

slimjim
12th January 2015, 05:33 PM
march should be ok but id still like to be on the maybe until its closer to the tournament

AGgamer
12th January 2015, 09:36 PM
I don't have exams until late April so march sounds good. sign me up.
my PSN id is: Yoshi1996
I'd love to participate!

Hellfire_WZ
12th January 2015, 09:42 PM
Link to the latest update is now live on the FB page :)

terra-wrists
13th January 2015, 12:36 AM
Excellent. March it is.

Isn't it?

mannjon
13th January 2015, 05:30 AM
So I think we need a soundtrack...

1. Deadmau5 - Avaritia
2. Deadmau5 - Arcadia
3. Photek - Quadrant
4. Zedd - Spectrum
5. Photek - Feeling Up
6. Underworld - Cups
7. Intense - Only You
8. BT - Fibonacci Sequence
9. Mylo - In My Arms
10. Huxley - Box Clever
11. Kele - Tendoroni
12. Daft Punk/Photek - End of Line Remix
13. Studio Pressure - Presha III

...would be my pick ^_^

Knux_Chaotix
13th January 2015, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the share Hellfire ^_^

So its looking highly likely its going to be the end of March then!! And for all the suggestions that sign ups should stop by the end of February, that was pretty much where I was going with this :P

@mannjon Not enough Armin Van Buuren :P

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
13th January 2015, 07:54 AM
I only know AvB songs/edits: in and out of love / healesville sanctuary :p
I like both.
But which team does qualify for the next round?
The one winning 3/5 races or the one with highest points?

Snakenator1
13th January 2015, 08:57 AM
I'm sure it will be a points system to determine who qualifies for the next round.
I'm working on the tracks that shall be raced on for each event, need a random number generator :)

Knux_Chaotix
13th January 2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, its on a points basis ^_^ And Snake, I've done most of the tracks so far :P Just making sure its random enough

Snakenator1
13th January 2015, 09:53 AM
You have? Your more organised than I am xD
I'll keep my stuff in storage then.

I also have some backup documents for the tournament information just in case ;)

mannjon
13th January 2015, 12:57 PM
So does that mean that Eliminator points = actual points or just the standard 8, 6, 5, 4, etc... for placement as in races?

Also, just to confirm, the tracks are random? If so should the zone battle maybe be exclusive to one of the zone tracks?

*Also, what is the situation with changing ships? Are we allowed to do this? I would hate to bring a paper airplane (Icaras) to an Eliminator event.

Snakenator1
13th January 2015, 01:45 PM
We will use the standard points on position so:
1st = 8points
2nd = 7points
Etc.....

It will keep it easier to keep track of.
You're more than welcome to change ships depending on the event but I had an idea that I need to discuss with Knux yet :)

Knux_Chaotix
13th January 2015, 05:30 PM
Ship choice is up to you really. You can change ship to fit speed class, elims etc. Whatever you are comfortable in. Not going to limit and poor bugger to an Icaras in an Elim :P

Colonel
13th January 2015, 08:42 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I've not replied about this so far. I'm definitely interested though, would be great to dust off the controller and have a thrash with old friends. I can't confirm 100% until I know the dates, moving house and having a baby in the next couple of months so I may be kind of preoccupied. But where there's a will there's a way.

Hope you're all well,

Adam :)

Snakenator1
13th January 2015, 08:56 PM
Gosh Colonel its been a while since we've seen you, glad to see your interest :)

and having a baby in the next couple of months

Congratulations as well, maybe we have a new pilot in the making :D :beer

Knux_Chaotix
13th January 2015, 10:37 PM
Colonel!!! Its great to hear from you!!! Would be awesome if you managed to make it along to this but I think we all understand if you cant. Uber congrats to you and your lady on the baby news ^_^

AGgamer
14th January 2015, 02:39 AM
Since I'm living in western Canada and the time zones could get sketchy, i have a suggestion. I think this should take place on a Saturday, that way there is no chance of this thing happening while I'm off at university. If any other participants have a sketchy time zone then there is less of a chance of this happening to them too. Just a thought.

mannjon
14th January 2015, 05:21 AM
I live in the States with Central Time. SO usually I'm up late when Europe is waking up.

terra-wrists
14th January 2015, 05:32 AM
6.32 am here in London... nocturnal recently

Snakenator1
14th January 2015, 07:21 AM
@AGgamer this tournament will more than likely take place over weekends in order to compensate for everyone's timetables so don't worry :)

Cipher
17th January 2015, 11:30 AM
Put me on the maybe, not sure what's happening in march for me, will see

@Lilith Why not? D:

@Adam Congratz!!!! Would be great if you could join, but give the baby priority eyyy, understandable if you can't make it ;) Best wishes btw! ^^

@Mosh Same thing lol, such irregular sleeping patterns for me xD

Cipher

TheConzio
22nd January 2015, 02:33 AM
Uh, guys we're missing people on the participant list:
Pontiac400
keg_11
JFthebestJan
Yoshi1996
And Cipher on the maybe list ;)

Knux_Chaotix
22nd January 2015, 02:54 AM
Well aware of that dude. Going to update the list at the end of January along with more Tournament info.

Azurooth
22nd January 2015, 02:00 PM
I might attend, depends on the date. Sounds fun! ^^

mannjon
29th January 2015, 05:55 AM
Yay! Super Excite about this tourney. Made a whole album in anticipation if anyone wants some free banger tunes.

Knux_Chaotix
1st February 2015, 01:47 PM
Righto lads and ladettes, as promised there has been an update. We have a set date / dates and a closing time for sign ups. So go check back and let me know what you lot think ^_^

Dylan061997
1st February 2015, 04:54 PM
Good luck to all of you guys :g , Anyone will record this tournament? ;)

Cipher
1st February 2015, 05:59 PM
If i participate i will, but weekends are tough for me, so i can't say yet ;)

Cipher

Maciek1704
1st February 2015, 07:20 PM
Anyone wiil record this tournament? ;)

I will :)

Dylan061997
1st February 2015, 07:54 PM

thank you :P

mannjon
2nd February 2015, 05:07 AM
So I see that there is a sign up date cutoff... is there a way to know who we shall be paired up with so we can practice?

Knux_Chaotix
2nd February 2015, 05:43 AM
Not until the end of February, even then it'll be maybe a week into March before you know who you'll be paired with. Im not making teams until then, that way Im not constantly re-shuffling things, I can adjust for numbers, then fully finalise who will be teamed up with who. I said I'd start the teaming after the cut off date in the main post.

TheConzio
2nd February 2015, 10:26 AM

And also me :) Likely with commentary

slimjim
2nd February 2015, 07:58 PM
thanks for keeping us updated :D

Knux_Chaotix
20th February 2015, 01:16 PM
Just over a week to go now guys before you're paired off and find out who you'll be up against. Anything on the "maybes"? And anyone else still wanting to sign up?

AGSys
20th February 2015, 01:54 PM
I just found out that I most probably won't be able to participate at all, seeing as my semester started and I have a hell of a lot of work headed my way unfortunately.

terra-wrists
20th February 2015, 05:09 PM
Just over a week to go now guys before you're paired off and find out who you'll be up against. Anything on the "maybes"? And anyone else still wanting to sign up?

wow, time sure did fly... only a week left and i still havent gotten a new controller... Nooooo.... effit, I'll still participate with a left button which goes up and vice versa bleh.

slimjim
20th February 2015, 05:49 PM
you can take me from the maybees and put me down for it im in

Cipher
20th February 2015, 08:57 PM
I don't think i will be able to make it, i can't tell at this point in time, so i will have to opt out, if i am able to make it in the end, i'm willing to play fall in if someones misses a scheduled race or something, but i don't want to join in to then have to leave my teammate behind, it's likely i'll go visit my sis in Paris during the second weekend of the event for her birthday

Another time mibi, hope you guys have fun! can't wait to see the aftermath ^^

Cipher

terra-wrists
20th February 2015, 10:20 PM
Rock on slimjim2097..

...cipher? Waddafork? Noooo.

At least its paris... tell the truth, id do the same. Jelly.

Cipher
20th February 2015, 11:54 PM
Hehe sry Mosh, there will be more events to come in the future most likely, but will have to skip this one ;)

Curious to see what the matchup will be like! :D

Cipher

slimjim
21st February 2015, 12:03 AM
you know me ace im always down for tournaments might not finish well but i give it ago :brickwall

Snakenator1
21st February 2015, 04:26 PM
I have to drop out guys, I have so much coursework and revision to do over the Easter holidays so unfortunately I must prioritise my work over games now. It saddens me but don't have much of a choice :P

mannjon
22nd February 2015, 01:19 AM
mannjon is still in it to win it ^_^

Maciek1704
22nd February 2015, 06:47 AM
I'm still in too ^^
Ready for extreme hard training before this!

slimjim
22nd February 2015, 03:16 PM
im in it just to turn up :rock

Rapier Racer
24th February 2015, 11:05 AM
Put my name on the list.

terra-wrists
24th February 2015, 08:38 PM
you know me ace im always down for tournaments might not finish well but i give it ago :brickwall

that the spirit bud. im in for the kicks shitz n giggles

Knux_Chaotix
28th February 2015, 12:01 PM
Sign ups closed now lads. Going to take a final note of names asap and get your teams posted as soon as their ready. Wont be this weekend like I though, Im really busy. Will try my hardest to have it all ready for next week.

slimjim
28th February 2015, 04:45 PM
thanks for keeping us updated :D

Knux_Chaotix
28th February 2015, 06:13 PM
I try my best ;)

-NOTE - FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED A LITTLE. GO HAVE A QUICK LOOK ^_^

stin
2nd March 2015, 05:18 PM
Got your message knux, but now I have to pull out, because, I`m now working seven days a week and I also working another big projects which I must participate.

Seriously, I would love to play.....:( I`m so sorry about this.

stevie :)

Knux_Chaotix
2nd March 2015, 05:57 PM
Oh noooo!!! Totally understandable though, work and life happen. Need a few races soon with you, been ages. When you next have the chance, hit me up ^_^ Hope all your work things run smoothly

stin
2nd March 2015, 06:10 PM
Sorry about this, but trust me, all will be revealed in the summer coming which you will understand from me. ;)

stevie:)

terra-wrists
3rd March 2015, 12:19 AM
9 iron :D go get 'em champ... !!!

- - - Updated - - -

JF the best Jan, Scarfrogers and vlhad... bloomin' heck, I still haven't got a new controller, let alone break it in... part of me wants to quit for that reason but feck it, the shitz, kicks and giggles win me over instead :D this should be epic fun, providing my racing partner doesn't shoot my ass out :D

slimjim
3rd March 2015, 11:53 PM
you cant be any worse then me terra even with the bust controller :rock

DIXI200
4th March 2015, 11:23 AM
I think I will do so.
My partner is in front, release only mines.
My partner behind, shot only forward.
I read the names, for me, it will be a tough tournament :banzai

AGgamer
4th March 2015, 07:45 PM
I got the message but i don't know if my reply went through. (it isn't telling me and I'm a total newbie with computers so ech.) I'm just make sure you get my response: I'm participating, everything's good with me. Yoshi1996 (to avoid confusion)

Knux_Chaotix
4th March 2015, 09:54 PM
All the replies have been coming through just fiiiine guys ^_^ And super speedy might I add, which helps loads!!! Just waiting on a few more and a list of team should be up before next weekend ^_^

mannjon
7th March 2015, 02:53 AM
Um, possible n00b question, have teams been actually released? Been hunting monsters (MHU3 for Wii U) so I've been a bit out of touch!!!

Wanna get some practice with partner ASAP to learn strength and weaknesses!

Knux_Chaotix
7th March 2015, 03:20 PM
Nothing up yet dude, just waiting on a few more names then I'll get things listed asap ^_^

Maciek1704
7th March 2015, 07:53 PM
Can't wait for this!

slimjim
10th March 2015, 07:55 PM
Um, possible n00b question, have teams been actually released? Been hunting monsters (MHU3 for Wii U) so I've been a bit out of touch!!!

Wanna get some practice with partner ASAP to learn strength and weaknesses!

what if your partner only has weaknesses like me :brickwall

Maciek1704
10th March 2015, 07:58 PM

Aww, slimjim... This tournament is only for fun! Don't worry about that ^^.

terra-wrists
10th March 2015, 08:50 PM

if we were partnered up, i'd consider them strengths and work them to my advantage - team work is in recognising the strengths and weaknesses of your team and then working around those to make the best of the situation... which ofcourse is to have massive amounts of fun :)

EDIT:

when will we know of our team partnerships? I mean, weeks left and so far everyone is still in the dark - we need to know so we can get online and do some dummy runs. And htis is kinda leaving it a little late I feel.

Knux_Chaotix
10th March 2015, 09:02 PM
Im still waiting to hear back from a few people. I cant actually do much about that. They have until this Friday to let me know or I'll pair up those who have responded and get it going.

terra-wrists
10th March 2015, 09:06 PM
thanks for the speedy response Knux... they probably won't reply. organising tourneys are tough, and this is the reason why. Peeps just kinda fall off the radar half the time.

Knux_Chaotix
10th March 2015, 09:10 PM
No problem. Just doing what I can here ^_^ Been trying my best to keep touching base here with people. Just check back here on Friday, things will be moving ^_^

Cipher
10th March 2015, 10:21 PM
Aww, slimjim... This tournament is only for fun! Don't worry about that ^^.

This this this :)

Cipher

mannjon
11th March 2015, 12:50 AM
@slim: this is most def just for fun as many have stated, but I tend to be a green racer barrel roller low in energy all the time type of pilot. Even if my teammate doesn't place first or second, if I can count on them to do just a little bit of weapons damage, that could be the game changer. I normally leave defensive weapons on key roll points or points that will mess up someone's racing line. So if I know I'm racing with a fellow green racer, it would be nice to know so that I refrain from doing that!

Point is that there are soooo many strategies that can be developed depending on team play styles. If someone were to say focus solely on weapons use against me, I might blow up and get a near sure last place. In a 2 on 2 event, first is worth 8, 2nd worth 6, third worth 5, 4th worth 4. Which means that for a 4 race tournament for example, if I placed 1st every race due to help from a weapons master that places 4th every race, the combined total would be 32 + 16 = 48 vs 24 + 20 = 44; which is a win! Team play really allows for some strategy planning that just doesn't exist otherwise.

slimjim
12th March 2015, 10:48 AM
yeah im aware that its for fun im just aware that some of you newer pilots are really fast :rock im mostly just teasing and also cant wait :P

@terra well im sure you know my style and strengths better than most

DIXI200
12th March 2015, 11:34 AM
@mannjon: ) This is comforting :)
@Knux: I also have to make arrangements with my "buddy" and I need to know what language to do so. "Santo" translator :g
I hope that my line functions, in recent weeks, always problems connecting to the server.

Knux_Chaotix
13th March 2015, 01:11 PM
Last day to make yourselves known guys. You have until 9pm GMT ^_^

***UPDATE - GO TO THE FRONT PAGE AND FIND YOUR TEAM MATE!!!***

All of the teams were created with a randomisation program made by Cipher. He's going to post the code etc just in case we have any doubts about the team ups and how random they were ^_^

Cipher
13th March 2015, 10:04 PM
Proof of randomisation results;

Wrote the application myself, if anyone's wondering about it's credibility, here's the source code

#include <iostream>
#include <math.h>
#include <vector>
#include <sstream>
#include <fstream>
#include <set>
#include <time.h>

typedef std::vector<std::string> StrVector;

int main()
{
std::cout << "Random Team Creation For Synergy Tournament" << std::endl << std::endl;

std::cout << "Please type a name and press enter to add it to the list of participants." << std::endl;
std::cout << "List will be displayed each time it is updated." << std::endl;
std::cout << "To undo name entry type 'undo' (no quotes) and press enter. " << std::endl << std::endl;
std::cout << "To create random teams type 'generate' (no quotes) and press enter. " << std::endl << std::endl;

StrVector participants;

//commands
const std::string undo = "undo";
const std::string generate = "generate";

std::string nameEntry;
nameEntry = "";

while (nameEntry != generate)
{
std::getline(std::cin, nameEntry);

if (nameEntry != undo && nameEntry != "" && nameEntry != generate)
{
participants.push_back(nameEntry);

for (StrVector::const_iterator it = participants.begin(); it != participants.end(); ++it)
{
if(it != (participants.end()-1))
{
std::cout << *it << ", ";
}
else std::cout << *it;
}
std::cout << std::endl << std::endl;
}
else if (nameEntry == undo)
{
participants.pop_back();

for (StrVector::const_iterator it = participants.begin(); it != participants.end(); ++it)
{
}
}
}

//remove generate entry
//participants.pop_back();

int runCount = 1;

//Runcount tracker -> Prevent shimy-ing with team generation
std::ifstream inputFile("IOfile.txt");
std::ofstream outputFile;
std::string line;

if (inputFile.is_open()) //Managed to open file -> read content
{
std::getline(inputFile, line);
if (line == "")
{
std::cout << "ERROR READING FROM FILE, APPLICATION WILL QUIT" << std::endl;
std::cout << std::endl << "Press any key to continue..";

std::cin.get();
return 0; //Application halt
}
runCount += std::stoi(line);

inputFile.close();
}
else //Couldn't open file -> does not exist -> create file
{
std::cout << "Input file does not exist, creating file.." << std::endl;
runCount = 1;
}

outputFile.open("IOfile.txt");
outputFile << runCount;
outputFile.close();

if (participants.size() % 2 != 0)
{
std::cout << "WARNING; Uneven number of participants detected" << std::endl;
}

if (participants.size() == 0)
{
std::cout << "WARNING; Number of participants is 0, impossible to generate teams, application will quit." << std::endl;

return 0;
}
std::cout << "Number Of Participants is " << participants.size() << std::endl;

std::cout << "Generating Random Teams.." << std::endl << std::endl;

const int size = participants.size();
int halved = int(participants.size() / 2);
bool inUse = false;

std::set<int> rngUsed;

srand(time(NULL));
int rand1 = 0;
int rand2 = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < halved; ++i)
{
inUse = false;
while (!inUse)
{
int myRand = rand() % size;
if (rngUsed.find(myRand) == rngUsed.cend())
{
rngUsed.insert(myRand);
rand1 = myRand;
inUse = true;
}
}
inUse = false;
while (!inUse)
{
{
rngUsed.insert(myRand);
rand2 = myRand;
inUse = true;
}
}

std::cout << participants[rand1] << " & " << participants[rand2] << std::endl;
}

std::cout << "Number of program executions = " << runCount << std::endl;

}

Application can be uploaded if there are people who want to test it

Have fun you all! :)

Cipher

Saramica12
13th March 2015, 11:03 PM
Oh well, hello Terra! I am your Team mate now xD

Ah! About the Time, in Saturday I am at school from 8.20 AM to 2.00 PM, then I am at home back at 3.00 PM, so if is possible on hours around Afternoon or even on late night I would be Online fully ;)

My GTM is...+1? Rome, is that what I remember xP

Knux_Chaotix
13th March 2015, 11:05 PM
I think with most peoples lives / schedules it'll most likely be in the evening ^_^

terra-wrists
14th March 2015, 12:34 AM
Oh well, hello Terra! I am your Team mate now xD

Ah! About the Time, in Saturday I am at school from 8.20 AM to 2.00 PM, then I am at home back at 3.00 PM, so if is possible on hours around Afternoon or even on late night I would be Online fully ;)

My GTM is...+1? Rome, is that what I remember xP

Late nites is good :) I got work during day hours

scarfrogers
14th March 2015, 01:16 PM
ah think I was late in reply, sorry been well busy recently.

If you need someone to fill anyone who is unable to make it let me know as I can be online :)

oh...and ....SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr

JFthebestJan
14th March 2015, 02:20 PM
some nice teams i would say. so let the games begin... i'll record my teams races, i hope others will do the same ;)

mannjon
15th March 2015, 03:25 AM
WOW those are some solid team lineups!

Gonna have to get to a'practicing!

- - - Updated - - -

Proof of randomisation results;

Wrote the application myself, if anyone's wondering about it's credibility, here's the source code

#include <iostream>
#include <math.h>
#include <vector>
#include <sstream>
#include <fstream>
#include <set>
#include <time.h>

typedef std::vector<std::string> StrVector;

int main()
{
std::cout << "Random Team Creation For Synergy Tournament" << std::endl << std::endl;

std::cout << "Please type a name and press enter to add it to the list of participants." << std::endl;
std::cout << "List will be displayed each time it is updated." << std::endl;
std::cout << "To undo name entry type 'undo' (no quotes) and press enter. " << std::endl << std::endl;
std::cout << "To create random teams type 'generate' (no quotes) and press enter. " << std::endl << std::endl;

StrVector participants;

//commands
const std::string undo = "undo";
const std::string generate = "generate";

std::string nameEntry;
nameEntry = "";

while (nameEntry != generate)
{
std::getline(std::cin, nameEntry);

if (nameEntry != undo && nameEntry != "" && nameEntry != generate)
{
participants.push_back(nameEntry);

{
if(it != (participants.end()-1))
{
}
else std::cout << *it;
}
}
else if (nameEntry == undo)
{
participants.pop_back();

{
}
}
}

//remove generate entry
//participants.pop_back();

int runCount = 1;

//Runcount tracker -> Prevent shimy-ing with team generation
std::ifstream inputFile("IOfile.txt");
std::ofstream outputFile;
std::string line;

if (inputFile.is_open()) //Managed to open file -> read content
{
std::getline(inputFile, line);
if (line == "")
{
std::cout << "ERROR READING FROM FILE, APPLICATION WILL QUIT" << std::endl;

return 0; //Application halt
}
runCount += std::stoi(line);

inputFile.close();
}
else //Couldn't open file -> does not exist -> create file
{
std::cout << "Input file does not exist, creating file.." << std::endl;
runCount = 1;
}

outputFile.open("IOfile.txt");
outputFile << runCount;
outputFile.close();

if (participants.size() % 2 != 0)
{
std::cout << "WARNING; Uneven number of participants detected" << std::endl;
}

if (participants.size() == 0)
{
std::cout << "WARNING; Number of participants is 0, impossible to generate teams, application will quit." << std::endl;

return 0;
}
std::cout << "Number Of Participants is " << participants.size() << std::endl;

std::cout << "Generating Random Teams.." << std::endl << std::endl;

const int size = participants.size();
int halved = int(participants.size() / 2);
bool inUse = false;

std::set<int> rngUsed;

srand(time(NULL));
int rand1 = 0;
int rand2 = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < halved; ++i)
{
inUse = false;
while (!inUse)
{
{
rngUsed.insert(myRand);
rand1 = myRand;
inUse = true;
}
}
inUse = false;
while (!inUse)
{
{
rngUsed.insert(myRand);
rand2 = myRand;
inUse = true;
}
}

std::cout << participants[rand1] << " & " << participants[rand2] << std::endl;
}

std::cout << "Number of program executions = " << runCount << std::endl;

}

Application can be uploaded if there are people who want to test it

Have fun you all! :)

Cipher

That is a sexy vector stack build Cipher. And you used srand()!!!! I always jump at the chance to use that function. AND you used time.h!!!!

I totes heart programmers that know their basic C++.

In the future you should create some create some classes that would pair everyone up with their exact opposite based on user input (j/k)!

Sorry for the double post... just excited to see a fellow programmer using hard learned skills to do something completely totally un job related.

Cipher
16th March 2015, 07:53 AM
Hehe, cheers manny, srand and time.h had to be used because otherwise it would use the default randomization seed of visual studio and give the same random teams each time (sth i got stuck on for a moment :P)
Originally i was planning to create classes, but there was no need since it had to be completely random ;)

Cipher

DIXI200
16th March 2015, 11:03 AM
Hello "Cipher" .. but ..but, what kind of "program" you used? :eek .. my "mate" and in Australia !! hahaha LOL.
All right "WZ" is very fast, we are in contact, we must perfect time ;). Certainly for the evening.
Great job guys thanks

kleidoscopik_1er
16th March 2015, 06:16 PM
@Knux_Chaotix : Hello. I'm sorry if my answer was confusing or written in a too bad english but like i told you, i will not participate to the tournament ;) .
So i'm surprised to see that you've counted me in.

Really sorry if my pm wasn't enough clear for you. Also sorry for my partner, but it could be easily solved: replace me by scarfrogers and both him and my partner will be satisfied (i hope so ^^ ).

Anyway, thx for this tournament organisation.
Have fun everyone, i wish you good luck. :D
see you.

Knux_Chaotix
16th March 2015, 07:06 PM
No problems there dude ^_^ I was pretty sleepy when I read through my PMs. I'll alert Scar ^_^

Mitchemous
17th March 2015, 04:24 AM
Scar eh?? Gosh I suppose I can accept that! ;)

Cipher
17th March 2015, 02:45 PM
@Fabione Aaaaaahhh! sry, didn't think of time zones, none of us did i think o_O, will be a little tough to set up a good time, hope you can get something worked out :s

@Kleido *points fingers @ knuxy* She told me the names lol! Neeh alright no worries, it works out fine if Scar still wants in ;)

Good luck everyone, some tough teams, give it your all! Curious to see how it pans out ^^

Cipher

mannjon
18th March 2015, 12:55 AM
@Cipher: I know this about the way to get a true random seed. Even in some of my more advanced programming classes, there were a bunch of programmers that hadn't figured out that the only way to get a true random seed is to base it off of a clock time.

There were people debugging software code line by line to try to find out why their programs would yield the same results on multiple test phases.

EXCITEEEED!!!! This may be the last big hurrah for Wipeout online.

terra-wrists
18th March 2015, 03:51 PM
we need another avalon after this. :D

scarfrogers
18th March 2015, 10:57 PM
Sorry everyone but me and Mitch are in and going to win. You might as well rage quit now and watch Scarface knowing you have been owned ;) what 2 much..?!

Cipher
19th March 2015, 12:22 AM
Lol Scar, you overconfident baka, you better watch your back, there's some tough teams in this!
Excited to see how this plays out :D

Again, good luck to all, glad it all got resolved ^^

Cipher

terra-wrists
19th March 2015, 10:38 AM
JF and fab have the craziest pair up lol.... good luck scar. :D

Cipher
19th March 2015, 09:25 PM
EDIT; Guuurrrrrr This attachment system!! It strikes again! *fixed* (i hope)
EDIT; Mwuahahahaha }:-)

Proof and stuff;

Team Matchups;

Tracks for round 1 (applies to all teams)

If you want the code, just say so, but the team matchup is pretty similar to the team creation one (apart from some text output)
The tracks are slightly different but works in a similar fashion, isnert in vector -> rand() -> vector[rand] with zone battle taken into account

And there's a couple of very strong teams, not just JF & fab, and as mannjon said, if 1 team member manages to stay first every race, they can still win ;)

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
19th March 2015, 09:33 PM
Tracks and Team vs Team now up on the first post guys. Rules to be posted asap, hopefully by the weekend. Would have had it done far sooner but personal circumstances have made things a little more difficult than Im willing to admit. In the mean time, get practicing!!!

fab0810
19th March 2015, 09:36 PM
For the synergy of team , I drink 1 liter of beer per day since the draw, I count on you jan to drink a liter of red wine per day, (except match day please:)

Maciek1704
20th March 2015, 01:12 PM
I'm always doing eliminators on The Amphiseum and I love sebenco rev :O
Thank you, Cipher's program! xD

JFthebestJan
20th March 2015, 02:50 PM
@fab: i don't drink alcohol at all, but i eat one baguette every day ;)

terra-wrists
20th March 2015, 08:22 PM
*waits for someone to write "I don't eat baguettes but i drink a litre of alcohol everyday" :D

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT; Guuurrrrrr This attachment system!! It strikes again! *fixed* (i hope)
EDIT; Mwuahahahaha }:-)

sorry for offtopic - but I just have to say that my last attachment to a post on WZ was from my mobile phone :D MFW, priceless.

stin
20th March 2015, 09:13 PM
Sorry everyone but me and Mitch are in and going to win. You might as well rage quit now and watch Scarface knowing you have been owned ;) what 2 much..?!

Huh!!! Just you wait when I`m come back!

stevie:mr-t

Knux_Chaotix
21st March 2015, 02:04 PM
There you go guys. Thats a time and rules for you all to have a look at ^_^ One week to go now so get practicing!!! If any of you have any questions, please ask them in here ^_^ I know some of you have me on Skype, but any questions regarding the tournament will not be answered on there. So ask them here and I shall answer, it's beneficial to everyone that way ^_^

JFthebestJan
21st March 2015, 02:51 PM
i have a question, what will be the goal distance for the eliminator race? 200? 400? 600?

Knux_Chaotix
21st March 2015, 05:20 PM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Been trying to work out what would be an ideal target for 4 players and not be tedious. I have reached a decision finally ^_^ Eliminator target will be 400. Updated and on the first post.

DIXI200
23rd March 2015, 11:04 AM
You have to keep the same "ship" all the races of the tournament? or you can change, according to the race to be addressed? tnks

Colonel
23rd March 2015, 12:51 PM
Hi guys. Sorry, I won't be able to make it for these days. Baby is due on 28th so I'll be unavailable for a few weeks. I'll keep an eye on this thread though, see how you're all getting on.

All the best,

Adam.

Cipher
26th March 2015, 01:15 AM
I'm pretty sure you're free to change ships in between races Fabione, but knux needs to confirm

@Adam no worries, hope all goes well and congratulations :)

Cipher

AGgamer
26th March 2015, 02:42 AM
How exactly will team 9 fit into this? can we get a better description of how this will be set up? thanks.

Knux_Chaotix
26th March 2015, 04:07 AM
Its all explained in the first post. What is it you're unsure of exactly?

AGgamer
26th March 2015, 04:22 AM
Well, it says that team 9 will face the first team to lose. what does "lose" mean? do you mean to say that team 9 will join in and replace a team that came in last in the standings of the first event? if so will team 9 even participate on Flash-Metropia at all?

lets say we are playing split-screen in Mario kart. the game supports 4 players but there are 5 people wanting to play. so who ever comes in last in the first race gives up their spot for the fifth player. player 5 doesn't get to race in the first event but they are will replace player 4 in the second. is this how this is working? will team 9 replace the loser team in the first event?

Also by the way things are set up it looks like there are only two teams in a race. is this accurate? or are there 4 teams in a race (a full 8 players)?

TheConzio
26th March 2015, 08:21 AM
Cipher, would you mind being my teammate? :)

Dylan061997
26th March 2015, 09:05 AM
Congratz for baby adam :g , GL all have fun ;)

Knux_Chaotix
26th March 2015, 09:20 AM
Team 9 will be racing Flash Metropia etc. First team that ends up dropping out races twice seeing as 9 is an odd number. That way no one is automatically advancing to the next round and why I need results asap.

And its only 4 players per race, Team vs Team. Less confusion that way.

AGgamer
26th March 2015, 03:31 PM
Alright. I just needed to make sure how things would work since I was a bit confused. Thanks for you're help.

Knux_Chaotix
27th March 2015, 06:20 AM
No problem ^_^

Right guys, tomorrow we kick off!!! If you havnt already get your team mate added, get in touch with the team you're competing with and arrange a time to suit all of you ^_^

Maciek1704
27th March 2015, 10:31 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150328T18&p0=136&msg=Synergy+Tournament+2015
I think, no one won't be late there now ;)
EDIT: Timer updated because of new hour of start.

DIXI200
27th March 2015, 10:42 AM
tnks, Maciek1704 :)

scarfrogers
27th March 2015, 04:29 PM
Time zones r gonna be an issue Scar thinks

fab0810
27th March 2015, 06:52 PM
Hey' sry but why 2 dates for this week end? There's 2 match or only 1?
If only 1, is it possible to play the sunday 29th?

Knux_Chaotix
27th March 2015, 07:19 PM
There are 4 dates posted at the top of the first page. March 28th and 29th, then April 4th and 5th. If you mean race the 1st round on the Sunday, you'd need to do at and post your results to me before 12pm GMT so I can pair up teams for the Sunday night round. Saturday is the prefered day to race round 1.

NOTE - I HAVE TO ADJUST THE START TIME DUE TO AN UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCE OUTWITH MY CONTROL. RACING CAN START FROM 6PM GMT AND AS I SAID, IT IS UP TO BOTH TEAMS TO DECIDE WHEN TO RACE. SOONER THE BETTER SO I CAN PAIR UP TEAM 9 WITH SOMEONE.

XxSuperRyugaxX
27th March 2015, 09:35 PM
Good luck everyone ;) this should be fun.
Unfortunately I couldn't join this, but I hope I can join in one future tournament :)

TheConzio
28th March 2015, 11:39 AM
Chill, Scar and Mitch
Are we good to race at 8pm GMT?

fab0810
28th March 2015, 11:52 AM
@knux', rapier, Jan and me are available sunday 20hoo (gmt paris berlin+1) , is this playable?

Saramica12
28th March 2015, 03:06 PM
Ahem guys? So bad news from me :/
I don't know if I will be able to partecipate to Synergy, I will be out all week long from now in my bitter surprise due to the celebrations of Easter and stuff, worse is that in the place I will stay there's no internet, apart in the phone of mine :/
I hope I will be able to join at least this evening, but the possibilities are few :/
I am super sorry guys! :redface:

scarfrogers
28th March 2015, 03:18 PM
Can we do earlier? Im online with pontiac now. Who is chill? Can u get him to add us :)

terra-wrists
28th March 2015, 03:19 PM
@ Saramica - Ah unlucky bud :( there will always be unforeseen circumstances which cannot be helped. Enjoy easter - if not wipEout :)

@Scar - Chill is PSN-id: VHX1138 if my memory serves me correct.

AGgamer
28th March 2015, 03:23 PM
I just woke up here in Western Canada. I'll be ready for the planned time.

Maciek1704
28th March 2015, 03:53 PM
I'm on PS Vita so write a message to me when you will want to race with my pair.

Cipher
28th March 2015, 04:47 PM
If anyone needs a fall in shoot me a psn msg (even if i'm offline), came home early this weekend, so am able to join in for a quick couple races, but not staying long as i have lots of work for college ;)

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
28th March 2015, 04:53 PM
@fab and JF - If its the only time you guys are available then sure. I can re-organise a few little bits and pieces and use the full 2 days next weekend ^_^ RR is in work at the minute, but he should be fine too

novide
28th March 2015, 05:28 PM
Terra, Saramic & Vlhad, are we flying today? if yes, what time? if no, any other time? a lot of questions ;)

Maciek1704
28th March 2015, 05:33 PM
Everyone should play today...

Knux_Chaotix
28th March 2015, 05:59 PM
@Maciek if people cant do today then they cant do today. Im not about to lecture people for having things go on that are unavoidable.

Chill
28th March 2015, 07:14 PM
So the network seem non-operational.. Anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps it's overloaded?

Edit: working for me now..

AGgamer
28th March 2015, 08:08 PM
Alright. its time to get started. any word?

Cipher
28th March 2015, 08:28 PM
Quick overview

Yoshi (ag gamer) and maciek are online but need to wait till 1 battle has been fought, then they will race the team that lost, so gotta wait until someone reports the points of 1 battle here

Vlhad & novide are online right now, waiting for Saramica & Terra-wrists
Saramica can't participate, terra wrists is not online at the moment (i could fall in for saramica if requested)

I THINK
Scar & Pontiac are currently racing TheConzio & Chill (VHX1138 )

Dixi is online, but missing keg_11 as a partner and hasn't heard from him in 2 days, they should be battling mannjon & slimjim2097, mannjon was online 20mins ago, but is now back off, Slimjim i dunno, don't have him on my list

Knux and rapier are racing fab and JFTheBestJan tomorrow (if i understood correctly what is said in here)

Mosh, if you read this, let us know if you can hop on or not

Cipher

TheConzio
28th March 2015, 09:07 PM
Update

Due to continuous disconnections, our group (team 1 and 5) will be redoing events tomorrow, at 8pm GMT.

Maciek1704
28th March 2015, 09:13 PM
Rly? Tommorow? I have only time to 9pm GMT...

AGgamer
28th March 2015, 09:27 PM
Well this was a big disaster. hopefully tomorrow does us better.

scarfrogers
28th March 2015, 09:32 PM
I don't think the WO server was ready for more than 5 people online these days lol

terra-wrists
28th March 2015, 10:33 PM
Quick overview

Yoshi (ag gamer) and maciek are online but need to wait till 1 battle has been fought, then they will race the team that lost, so gotta wait until someone reports the points of 1 battle here

Vlhad & novide are online right now, waiting for Saramica & Terra-wrists
Saramica can't participate, terra wrists is not online at the moment (i could fall in for saramica if requested)

I THINK
Scar & Pontiac are currently racing TheConzio & Chill (VHX1138 )

Dixi is online, but missing keg_11 as a partner and hasn't heard from him in 2 days, they should be battling mannjon & slimjim2097, mannjon was online 20mins ago, but is now back off, Slimjim i dunno, don't have him on my list

Knux and rapier are racing fab and JFTheBestJan tomorrow (if i understood correctly what is said in here)

Mosh, if you read this, let us know if you can hop on or not

Cipher

Ah mate, I went out with family in the end, :/

Cipher
28th March 2015, 11:21 PM
Ah i see, kay, nps, try and set up a time for tomorrow then together with Vlhad & Novide (both here and on PSN), just let me know when i need to hop on (PM here or a psn msg)

This applies to everyone btw, try and get in touch with your team mate but also with your opposing team members ;)

Cipher

mannjon
29th March 2015, 01:45 AM
Dixi and Keg, what time zones are you guys in? I can play late tonight and/or tomorrow just about anytime.

slimjim
29th March 2015, 09:36 AM
im the same as mannjon

keg_11
29th March 2015, 10:58 AM
Hi guys. Sorry for the big inactivity (life), but I'm free most times. Of the time I was able to race with Dixi, was roughly 9-10Pm GMT. So I would use this as a guide. What do you think, Dixi?

DIXI200
29th March 2015, 01:33 PM
Right now I'm drinking good "Limoncello" made at home:) are not able to see the 'time .. :g
Ok for tonight 9 / 10pm GMT. ;)

Knux_Chaotix
29th March 2015, 02:16 PM
So from my understanding here, there was server issues last night? Did anyone manage to complete anything? If not its fine, just go today when you can ^_^

scarfrogers
29th March 2015, 07:05 PM
Iv messed up the clocks have changed we are on bst not gmt. Its 8 now and i can't make 9 **** sorry :(

Saramica12
29th March 2015, 07:41 PM
COLPO DI SCENA!
I am weirdly back at home thanks to my mum! :D So if I can I will be online right now guys!
I hope you can forgive me for yesterday still :/

Knux_Chaotix
29th March 2015, 08:26 PM
PM ME THE RESULTS GUYS!!! THAT WAY WE DONT CLUTTER THE THREAD!!! ^_^

UPDATE - Who is all actually online and who isnt? Who has actually raced? How many short are we? More importantly, how many of you are still willing to compete? Because this seems to be having issues all over the place with people not showing up etc.

Saramica12
29th March 2015, 09:49 PM
I am in and in waiting between WipEout and Need For Speed to relax x)
But one thing is certain, I join this day! :D
Terra still not in however! The "rival" vlhad13 is gone now that I check the situation...

AGgamer
29th March 2015, 10:07 PM
Me and Mac haven't raced. We're still waiting on who our opponents are. Mac is out for the day, he thinks he said something about Wednesday and went offline I think.

Knux_Chaotix
29th March 2015, 10:11 PM
If you and Maciek are still willing, it's me and Rapier Racer you'd be up against. We got slaughtered. But we need more people to turn up and race or this is probably going to stop here.

Saramica12
29th March 2015, 10:23 PM
Aye guys! Untill 2AM, so around 12PM here written in the Forum, I can wait, further I can't focus enough to play and risk to fall asleep in the middle xP

TheConzio
30th March 2015, 09:20 AM
Sorry guys for the absence yesterday, I must've slept through my 4am alarm xD

I'll PM the results we got on Saturday soon Knux

Update: sent

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 06:16 PM
Hows everyone else getting on?

Chill
30th March 2015, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a recording of the races Conzio.. Even though I probably got last place, I could show off the race I won haha

keg_11
30th March 2015, 09:35 PM
Server problems halted our attempt today, still discussing how we can sort this out.

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 09:46 PM
Servers still acting up?

slimjim
30th March 2015, 10:30 PM
yeah me and dixi and keg had tried to get on and it said some universe thing couldnt load when trying to access HD online

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 10:35 PM
Its been down for hours... Really hoping it sorts itself out

slimjim
30th March 2015, 10:45 PM
for how long i was going to mention it sooner at the time i tried it

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 10:46 PM
Been down about 3 or so as far as Im aware. Could be longer.

UPDATE - Been testing the servers every hour since about 10am today. Still nothing guys.

Rapier Racer
31st March 2015, 04:39 PM
I've been trying to get on for a quick spin since yesterday afternoon with no joy, all this server crap won't help the tournament much :(

Knux_Chaotix
31st March 2015, 04:42 PM
Im contemplating postponing until the servers are back up and a bit more operational if theres still enough interest. Just worried with these issues people will be reluctant to continue.

mannjon
31st March 2015, 05:24 PM
I've been having the same problem here in the US. So it must be a global calamity :/

I'm still in though! In fact, yesterday I had a type 1 Diabetic issue to deal with, so I felt like crap all day. I wouldn't have been at my best.

DIXI200
31st March 2015, 07:30 PM
My best wishes Mannjon.. and I hope in the success of the tournament.
if you can try tomorrow.

keg_11
1st April 2015, 09:31 AM
Is there any chance we could start at 8:30? I need to go at roughly at 9:30. If this can't do, we need to postpone it again for the next day. If all else fails, I have half of mind to pull out as this is increasingly becoming an inconvenience for me (as I'll be racing at about 8 in the morning). I hope it doesn't come to this.

EDIT: Now it's not really necessary, I've organised around it. However, could we still start it earlier so we might have more time if someone comes late?

Knux_Chaotix
1st April 2015, 09:46 AM
Nothings happening right now cause the servers are down and have been for nearly 2 days. Its now whenever they get back up

slimjim
1st April 2015, 06:16 PM
Any news on if servers up

Cipher
1st April 2015, 06:17 PM
They're still down :(

This thread discusses it fyi; http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9906-How-long-will-the-online-servers-stay-alive

Cipher

slimjim
1st April 2015, 06:22 PM
Thanks for posting the link

Cipher
2nd April 2015, 12:13 AM
You're welcome ^^
As a quick tip, there's a "What's New?" button top left of the forum, if you click it, it'll reveal a whole new world with all kinds of magical items and mysteries ^^ (Or... you know... just simply show the recent posts made on the forum, it's an easy way to keep track of what's going on up in here ;) )

Cipher

Maciek1704
2nd April 2015, 12:02 PM
Knux, Rapier and Yoshi. Can we race today at 8pm london time?

Knux_Chaotix
2nd April 2015, 12:03 PM
I cant do tonight. I have more family stuff to deal with. Tomorrow I can

keg_11
2nd April 2015, 12:58 PM
For my teams, I won't be available today/tonight due to a major charity I'll be particpating in Friday morning Aust EDT. I will be available everyday following (so long as the ruddy network works)

slimjim
2nd April 2015, 01:36 PM
Sounds good keg just hit me up when you can

Saramica12
2nd April 2015, 06:54 PM
Ready to join as in London will ring the 8 PM! :D

AGgamer
3rd April 2015, 12:51 AM
I cant race over the week, I have classes to attend only weekends please. This weekend is special though, I have Friday and Monday off so if we really need to get races done we can do it then I guess.

TheConzio
3rd April 2015, 02:23 AM
Here's a video I made of the first round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGFa3FPYSsQ

Cipher
3rd April 2015, 05:15 AM
Awesooooome :DDD

*watching* ^^

Cipher

Maciek1704
3rd April 2015, 07:37 AM
Ok, so we can race tonight? About 7pm London Time, yes?

Saramica12
3rd April 2015, 10:43 AM
I am still in waiting for Terra...10 days offline :o
So well, I feel that I may race alone for both...yea, is basically impossible XD

DIXI200
3rd April 2015, 04:23 PM
@TheConzio it's nice to see something, great and good music :clap

terra-wrists
4th April 2015, 02:37 PM
I am still in waiting for Terra...10 days offline :o
So well, I feel that I may race alone for both...yea, is basically impossible XD

Sorry Sara, I only had a window to race on those dates, and since you was unable to make those dates due to other commitments, we were unable to participate - and now we have these silly wipeout server problems. As it stands, I won't be able to participate in this for at least another few weeks, as I have worked my week around other commitments - really busy with work stuff atm. Sorry bud.

Knux_Chaotix
4th April 2015, 06:33 PM
So who still needs to race and who is now in need of a partner?

Maciek1704
4th April 2015, 08:17 PM
Okay, guys. Knux, Rapier and Yoshi. Can we race at Monday, 7:00pm/19:00 London Time?

AGgamer
4th April 2015, 09:13 PM
I can race Monday, sure. I cant during the rest of the week because of classes, but I have Monday off this week.

Knux_Chaotix
5th April 2015, 07:14 PM
7 on Monday is good for me and RR ^_^

novide
6th April 2015, 07:57 AM
Team 3 vs Team 7 doesn't happend. Terra from Team 7 can not race.

Rapier Racer
6th April 2015, 04:16 PM
Knux is really unwell and won't be able to race this evening, sorry for further delays but nothing can be done I'm afraid. Re scheduling possible? Saturday or something?

slimjim
6th April 2015, 06:00 PM
im all ready to go just need to hear from the rest xD

Saramica12
6th April 2015, 06:23 PM
Can't come online now, again out to celebrate "Pasquetta" or the "Angel's Monday", but I can tomorrow evening! :)

Chill
6th April 2015, 08:16 PM
Nice Conzio!! Thanks!

keg_11
6th April 2015, 09:05 PM
I'm online now and will be for about an hour. So we've got a small window, guys.

Knux_Chaotix
7th April 2015, 05:09 PM
Im really sorry about being so MIA guys. Things have been a bit crap here and its al happening at once. And now I have a horrible cold flu type thing. Hoping to be more with it at the weekend

slimjim
7th April 2015, 05:31 PM
No worries cant be helped get better soon

keg_11
8th April 2015, 10:58 PM
The results for T2 v T4:

Metropia:
mannjon
marysh24
slimjim
keg

Pro Tozo:
mannjon
keg
marysh24
slimjim

Sebenco Climb:
mannjon
keg
slimjim
marysh24

Amphiseum:
mannjon
keg
marysh24
slimjim

Anulpha Pass:
slimjim
mannjon
keg
Marysh

Totals:

mannjon - 38
keg_11 - 27
slimjim - 26
Marysh24 - 24

Team 2 - 64
Team 4 - 51

Maciek1704
9th April 2015, 03:15 PM
So Knux... Saturday 7pm london time will be ok?

Rapier Racer
9th April 2015, 03:37 PM
Sounds good lets get it done!

DIXI200
9th April 2015, 05:07 PM
@keg I'm happy that continues, unfortunately I was not there to compete these days.
Following?