PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Weapons Glitch

mannjon
26th November 2014, 03:09 PM
This just happened this morning and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them.

I was hosting a race lobby, and instead of having "weapons on" the bar at the bottom showed the weapons for an Eliminator match. I had just played a few round earlier and was getting pissed that I didn't get a turbo for 3 races when it dawned on me. What was happening was that I was racing but there were only weapons and no turbos, autopilots, or shields.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Rapier Racer
26th November 2014, 05:16 PM
Never heard of that before, did it have any effect on the frequency of the weapons handed out? For example were there more quakes than usual?

Edit: Actually now that I think about it the pads probably deactivated as normal right?

terra-wrists
26th November 2014, 05:26 PM
guys, this is a well known thing actually.

when in online single races, look at the weps icon, if its switching to all weps, you aint getting no turbos. just go back to settings and pick another track, then check icon again. rinse repeat.

Cipher
26th November 2014, 05:52 PM
^That, it's actually easy to re-create as well and in fact, makes for the perfect green race, despite having no greens, fair and square on turbos for everyone, none lol ^^

I'm curious if the damage of the weaps is also higher like it is in elims

Cipher

mannjon
26th November 2014, 08:40 PM
I was kind of hoping to find a glitch that would use Time Trial rules actually. How awesome would that be to race with everyone getting one turbo per lap and not lose shield energy?

This actually happened again in about an hour after the initial occurrence. Only this time it was a Tournament. Horrible times because Sol2 Fwd and Rev as well as Cheng Fwd and Rev were all on there. I don't think I made it over any bridges without being Quaked off.

If there is a new game anytime soon, this would be yet another great feature to add: being able to select and deselect weapons. So if you wanted a true green race, you could do that. If you wanted a race that tested your aim, you could have Turbos, cannons, and rockets for example.

@Cipher, do you know how reproduce these results? It would be nice to do some green racing under these circumstance, but it would have to be a private lobby, so I'd need to know how to do it on the fly.

terra-wrists
26th November 2014, 09:52 PM
^That, it's actually easy to re-create as well and in fact, makes for the perfect green race, despite having no greens, fair and square on turbos for everyone, none lol ^^

I'm curious if the damage of the weaps is also higher like it is in elims

Cipher

tbh, I didn't notice if the damage is more this way or not. This glitch thing can happen up to 3 times in a row though.

@Mannjon, the devs probably inserted this glitch (if you can call it that) to give noobs a better chance at levelling the playing field. If I was a dev, I'd consider it too - it's absolutely a viable option to give noobs a fair chance in some races against the pros.

As for the whole wanting a turbo glitch, there's nothing wrong with dreaming :D

JFthebestJan
26th November 2014, 11:06 PM
never heard of this particular glitch. @cipher: can you make a video showing how to enable that glitch, plz

terra-wrists
26th November 2014, 11:47 PM
:eek I'm shocked you've never seen it before.

Cipher
27th November 2014, 08:02 AM
@JF Check your PMs ;)

@Mosh i know, it can even stay after a PS3 reboot, it's crazy
Joining a normal online single race lobby and doing a race will usually fix it though ;)

Cipher

stin
27th November 2014, 11:37 AM
guys, this is a well known thing actually.

when in online single races, look at the weps icon, if its switching to all weps, you aint getting no turbos. just go back to settings and pick another track, then check icon again. rinse repeat.

Didn't know that!, and seriously, that's new to me, should have be more attention but l will definitely check on that.

Cheers moshi :)

stevie :)

terra-wrists
27th November 2014, 05:02 PM
You're welcome Stevie :)

Maciek1704
27th November 2014, 05:07 PM
I didn't know that too :D
PS: Mannjon, I was racing with you when it happened :D

JFthebestJan
27th November 2014, 06:39 PM
we should do something with it, it's a gift you know

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
27th November 2014, 06:51 PM
Explaaaaajiin :D what did apple tell u? And what conclusion did u get?

JFthebestJan
27th November 2014, 08:07 PM
green races without green items! superfair races without advantages for any player :)
edit: i haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be easy to reproduce ;)

terra-wrists
27th November 2014, 08:13 PM
er... you mean weps off? :D

JFthebestJan
27th November 2014, 08:19 PM
no, wep off means just 6BRs/player/race. using this wep glitch would mean almost unlimited BRs/player/race :D
but no turbo or autopilots!!!!!!!!

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
27th November 2014, 08:20 PM
Nah. If there are no boost u cant get any advantage - but u still can roll as much as you can recover through weapons. Especially venom/flash races do benefit from it, cause they only get interesting du to brs, which is heavily avoided by wep off races.
So yeah, sounds awesome
EDIT: im imaging right now an anulpha pass 10 laps race against JF.... *heavy breathing*
Roll until you re dead

terra-wrists
27th November 2014, 10:23 PM
Good thing you mentioned jf coz 10 laps would leave me sleeping without a turbo. Sounds like fun though :)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
28th November 2014, 08:00 AM
Sure. It is absolutely required to have equally skilled players concerning pulling brs. Against " noobs" (excuse the word but i want to express it clearly) itd be a waste of time. Moreover it depends on the track. I dont need tj for this kind of racing. Ap , sebenco, thats wheres the business iis :D

JFthebestJan
28th November 2014, 12:06 PM
so raizza and i want to do a 1on1 green race with this glitch enabled, and we both want to record the race from our own view. now the question: is it possible to arrange both videos side by side? so that we get 1 video where 1 of us is on the left, the other 1 is on the right?
edit: we may need a macintosh owner to arrange that video for us.... CIPHER has a mac,right.......:)

Cipher
28th November 2014, 12:20 PM
Lol, can do that easily if you send me the vids ;)
(no music in vids, since mixing both will be a messy song ^^)

Cipher

terra-wrists
28th November 2014, 12:57 PM
Sure. It is absolutely required to have equally skilled players concerning pulling brs. Against " noobs" (excuse the word but i want to express it clearly) itd be a waste of time. Moreover it depends on the track. I dont need tj for this kind of racing. Ap , sebenco, thats wheres the business iis :D

Seb and anupanu? Those are lovely to br on... come to think of it im starting to become interested now. Hmmm.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
28th November 2014, 01:36 PM
10-12 brs on those two. That means you have to absorb your complete health each lap. Chengho and both tdr s are also mentionable.
And thx apple for your declaration to help :)
Im freakingly excited

JFthebestJan
28th November 2014, 02:35 PM
we call it 'extreme BR racing' :D

edit: here's the list of the energy/wep recharge.

icaras hd/fury:
quake/plasma = 30/2BRs
missile = 23/1.5BRs
bomb = 19/1.2BRs
rockets/cannon/mines = 15/1BR
leech beam = 7/0.5BR

all other ships are getting less energy back due to their higher shield stats!

terra-wrists
28th November 2014, 05:29 PM
is that for real? I mean, the other ships getting less energy back? I'm rocking Pirhana these days :| fleh I'll have to check this out myself tonight.

JFthebestJan
28th November 2014, 06:33 PM
sry, i gave the numbers for offline single race in my previous post, my fault.

the real online race numbers are different!

tested with icaras fury:
quake / plasma = 44/2.9BRs!
missile = 33/2BRs
bomb = 27/1.8BRs
mines/cannon/rockets = 22/1.4BRs
leech beam = 11/0.7BRs

terra-wrists
28th November 2014, 06:57 PM
ah no probs captain. learnt something here - I had no idea offline weps energy replenishment was different to online. Probably coz I don't do offline stuff.

It's gonna be hard for me to check the online replenishment stat on a piranha without screwing up the race :D but what the heck - all in the name of research eh? :)

liquid_kit
29th November 2014, 01:33 PM
Hi!
Interesting stuff,
Anybody know something about this Ap Flash 3 laps online thing..
Thx
Cheers

terra-wrists
29th November 2014, 01:59 PM
God forbid you do that glitch and mess up your online time - it's easy to tell who was racing in the 3 lap flash races on the race times in the online table. I accidently joined one with one of my accounts, facepalmed once it was over like NOOOOOOO.

liquid_kit
29th November 2014, 02:09 PM
True, same here..

JFthebestJan
4th December 2014, 12:36 PM
the BIG plus about this wep glitch is, that it betters your chances of getting the high valued items like plasma; quake and missiles. normally you would have all 11 items activated, which means a chance of 1:5.5 for getting plasma or quake. with the wep glitch active, only the 8 wep items are activated, which means a chance of 1:4 for getting plasma or quake.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
4th December 2014, 01:02 PM
Thats something ive never considered before. So in the end one could be faster with this glitch on health torturing tracks than in normal races...

JFthebestJan
4th December 2014, 02:50 PM
exactly ;)
a few names for it:
1 player event - OTA (online time attack)
2 player event - OTT (online team trial)
multiplayer event - RED (race end destroy) :D

edit: some interesting numbers...
if you add each recharge value of all weps and divide it by the total number of available items, you get the average recharge value of each item.
normal race (11 items): 27.36/item
red race (8 items): 28.125/item

an example: anulpha; venom; 3laps; 100energy at start; 4*2BRs/lap needed.
that means we need at least 360energy in total...360-100=260...260/28.125=9.24 items/race needed.
ina normal race we get 260/27.36=9.5 items/race needed :D
that's the power of math destruction ;)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
4th December 2014, 06:14 PM
I want it, NOW! :D great calculation btw , Mr JF :P but as you mentioned before, there is not only a higher average charge but also chance to get cool items. 1:11 in normal and 1:8 in red races :)
Thats called A-level mathematics ^_^

JFthebestJan
4th December 2014, 07:39 PM
oh, i found out that the item pad before the anulpha bridge is no obstacle! you can get it and still make double BR onto bridge.

edit: that gives us 5 item pads in lap 1+2; 4 item pads in lap 3. so we have a maximum of 14 item pads available.
14*28.125=393.75...393+100=493...493/15=32.87
we have a maximum of 32BRs/race!!!!! 32/3=10.67BRs/lap!!!!!

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
4th December 2014, 07:41 PM
Sure? Thats great news ^_^ ho w do you do it?

JFthebestJan
4th December 2014, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRly2_NEEY&list=UUQXbU0vkTHyLmPf13G82i2g

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
5th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Whoa, thats a nice move with outstandige usage. Nice

JFthebestJan
5th December 2014, 04:31 PM
the longer the race the greater the benefit of the wep glitch. in a 20 lap race it's 81.7items/race vs 84items/race in favour for the glitch.
think of it this way... every time you use an item you can't absorb it anymore, that means you re wasting energy that could be used for BRs instead. and as long as you hold an item you can't get another one...

JFthebestJan
8th December 2014, 05:33 PM
the wep glitch offers various new play modes :D we could do an 'extreme carnage' mode.
disabling all green items AND disabling BRs. so no escape is possible due to the lack of boosting.
only way to defend your lead, is to keep a bomb or mines and set traps.
if you are on the back of the pack, you can easily do a 'strike' with a good timed quake.
what do you guys think about it?

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
9th December 2014, 07:35 PM
Funny idea :D though id hate it to do such races, it is an interesting option for cambodia guys

nu9get
15th April 2015, 04:57 PM
how do i apply this glitch? can someone teach me? i'll use it for some kind of eliminator mode in single race :)
please pm me if you dont wanna share it public!! thx guys

JFthebestJan
16th April 2015, 02:57 AM
i've send you a PM, with instructional steps.
if you need players, i'll gladly participate. this is a very tactical race mode.
should be lots of fun :)