PDA

View Full Version : AeroMobil 3.0 flying car prototype

Snakenator1
3rd November 2014, 05:07 PM
The article and video in this link pretty much sums it all up, have we finally achieved a step further to practical flying cars?

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/awesome-flying-car-prototype-unveiled

Cipher
3rd November 2014, 07:16 PM
Welp, guess i'ma have to save up my money :P
Wonder if a PPL (A) would be sufficient for flying it, awesome find Snake! ^^

I wouldn't instantly call it practical though, you still need a coordinated runway (no, the highway does not count lol)

Cipher

Snakenator1
3rd November 2014, 07:33 PM
You'll need a sport pilot license to fly one of these things Cipher.
But I think your AG pilots license should do the trick though ;)

terra-wrists
3rd November 2014, 08:47 PM
flying cars eh? :D there's plenty on youtube. do a search :)

Also, they've been linked here on the forum - again, a search should be your first point of reference here Snakey :)

Scimi

Cipher
4th November 2014, 01:54 AM
@Snake then a PPL should be good as well ^^
And lol ag license, i don't have that on paper though :P nor do i think that would be "official" lol, cool thingy though

@Mosj shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone ;)
It's cool to see iterations though, they might actually become a thing, although i wonder what the price range would be on it & the flight range as well actually, would be awesome to just take to the skies whenever you want to :)

Cipher

terra-wrists
4th November 2014, 04:02 AM
they claim these cars are road legal but aint no one got the balls to actually go and buy one... these are machines of fancy, objects of intrigue more than anything practically viable in the modern age... Flying cars won't become a reality any time soon - just too much red tape.

Can you imagine running out of fuel with no landing strip? Exactly... aint no govt gonna allow that kinda possibility on their air-space/roads. It's highly irresponsible for them to let this just get a green light imo.

Not to mention, one would look like a complete pleb in one of those hybrids.

DIXI200
4th November 2014, 11:19 AM
great. :) Definitely prototypes for the future. They can also be "toys" for people with many, many, soldi..che can turn around their houses and also have an ice landing strip. :)

Jonny
8th November 2014, 07:19 PM
Is Rapier Class Competence enough to fly this thing?

Cipher
9th November 2014, 04:12 PM
^Lol, need supersonic skills! :P

And yeah Mosj, it is definitely not the future of the highways, but as Dixi said, it's a nice private thingy (for those who have money to blow lol), kind of like private chopper transport ;)

Cipher