PDA

View Full Version : Which has better controls, the 3DS or the Vita?

Amaroq Dricaldari
15th September 2014, 03:24 AM
I don't mean the touchscreen interface or motion or anything like that, but the more down-to-earth stuff. Like, which has better buttons and/or the better d-pad, or even the better thumbstick? I want to hear your thoughts.

Ace3000
15th September 2014, 06:19 AM
You'd be crazy to say the 3DS has the better thumbstick, when the Vita actually has thumbsticks. Two of them, in fact.

As for the rest... ehh, I don't know. the vita feels better to hold, but only because I bought a 3DS and not a 3DS XL, which is bigger.

Amaroq Dricaldari
15th September 2014, 07:02 AM
By better thumbstick, I mean which thumbstick feels and responds better, not which system is more capable in terms of control from a technical standpoint.

ND-2-SPD
18th September 2014, 02:06 AM
Well, I guess it's all down to personal preference although I like the vita thumbsticks better, as for the d-pad I used to own a DS lite and the d-pad was broken due to overuse.

P.S. I'm a playstation fanboy so don't take my word for everything

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th September 2014, 02:15 AM
The DS lite and 3DS are completely different devices though.

ND-2-SPD
18th September 2014, 03:03 AM
Yeah, that issue may have been resolved but I have used a lot of my friends' 3DS, just for the record. In saying that one problem with the vita would be the touchpad, it just doesn't feel natural.
P.S. I'm not a professional game reviewer (obviously) and I'm probably biased.