PDA

View Full Version : Need Pilots for Livestream!

TheConzio
5th September 2014, 12:54 PM
[Updated]

We're doing it again! (cue applause) - Livestreaming a 24 hour gaming marathon in courtesy of SpecialEffect

Date: 30th May, 2015
Time: 9am - 9am next day
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/puremarathon

With success in the past, WipEout HD Fury will yet again be in the list of games.

Anyone is welcome to jump in for some good ol' HD Fury races, and I'll appreciate it very much :)

There is also a WipEout 3 SE segment earlier on if you fancy watching that as well.

Full schedule: (Times are in AWST)

9am – 10am: Child of Light
10am – 11am: ModNation Racers
11am – 12pm: The Escapists
12pm – 1pm: Lords of the Fallen
1pm – 2pm: Tron: Evolution
2pm – 3pm: Ori and the Blind Forest
3pm – 4pm: Sniper Elite 3
4pm – 5pm: Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island
5pm – 6pm: State of Decay: YOSE
6pm – 7pm: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
7pm – 8pm: Goat Simulator
8pm – 9pm: WipEout 3 Special Edition
9pm – 10pm: The Witcher 3
10pm – 11pm: Project CARS
11pm – 12am: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
12am – 1am: Lifeless Planet
1am – 2am: Mortal Kombat X
2am – 3am: WipEout HD Fury
3am – 4am: Borderlands 2
4am – 5am: LittleBigPlanet 3
5am – 6am: Trivial Pursuit Live!
6am – 7am: Worms: Battlegrounds
7am – 8am: Grand Theft Auto V
8am – 9am: Trials Fusion

HD Fury will be running at 2am AWST (6pm GMT) for an hour, so if you're available to race at that time, drop down a reply and I'll add you to that list below :) If your name isn't there, you're still welcome to join.

Current participants:
TheConzio
Maciek1704
InfiniteQuazar

Here's the promo if you want to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD8FMIJ4_tk

Cheers guys.

Ragsus Maxima
5th September 2014, 07:29 PM
For anyone who is unsure what is the correct time in their country, I'm putting this link to a very handy website: Worldtime Buddy (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/).

As for Wipeout, 17:30 there (AWST) will be 11:30 here (CEST), so for us Euros will be more likely to fill an entire lobby. ^^

PS: Oh, and I'm also looking forward to your stream. We hope you don't have to deal with too many trolls. :P

Hellfire_WZ
5th September 2014, 08:06 PM
I'm up for this :)

Just posted on the FB group to advertise a bit further

Snakenator1
5th September 2014, 09:36 PM
Count me in for this :)

Also thank you Ragsus for that handy dandy website, lol its 10:30am (BST) for me xD
I'll make it though ;)

TheConzio
6th September 2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks guys, have started a list of participants on the first post :)

Hellfire: Thanks for posting on FB, glad to see you here :)

Maciek1704
6th September 2014, 05:08 AM
Can I join too? But I don't know, that i'll be at this time... Alternatively I will be on the PS Vita (Cross Play) ;D

Mikahail
6th September 2014, 07:52 AM
Could be there.

TheConzio
6th September 2014, 08:12 AM
Thanks Maciek and Mikahail, I've added you two to the list, but I'll place you as reserve of we have more than a full lobby, since you're not 100% sure.

Knux_Chaotix
6th September 2014, 10:25 AM
Count me in if theres space. ^_^

TheConzio
6th September 2014, 10:29 AM
Haven't raced you for quite some time Knux :) Thanks for joining.

Ace3000
6th September 2014, 11:26 AM
Count me in too! That'll give me time to practise, since I haven't played HD Fury in a long time! ;D

TheConzio
6th September 2014, 01:50 PM
Welcome aboard :)

Snakenator1
14th September 2014, 08:12 PM
Not long to go then Conzio less than a week, hope you're ready for this ;)
On the subject of communication, are you gonna make a PS3 chat room/Skype/this thread as a conversation area for us??

Can't wait to race :)

TheConzio
15th September 2014, 12:04 AM
I was about to post about that Snake :)
Yes, I'll make a chatroom on PSN, It'll be called "WO Live" or something similar.

Is everyone still able to attend?

Knux_Chaotix
15th September 2014, 01:31 AM
Im still good to attend and really looking forward to it!!!

Snakenator1
15th September 2014, 07:38 AM
Same I'm good to :)

Ace3000
15th September 2014, 08:31 AM
Ace3000 reporting in, we are good to go!

Knux_Chaotix
15th September 2014, 12:44 PM
What sort of races are we planning on doing? Speed Class etc? Just asking so I can practice if theres anything Im particularity bad at XD

TheConzio
15th September 2014, 12:55 PM
Single races or a tournament, most likely phantom, but we can keep changing :)

Maciek1704
15th September 2014, 01:18 PM
I won't be online 18, 19 sept, but i think i can do it ;D

PS: ZONE BATTLE! :D

marcingru
15th September 2014, 05:51 PM
im in, if nothing comes up (ill make sure hehe)

Aidan
15th September 2014, 11:47 PM
I can join if there's any space left. Also, is there a chance you could switch to twitch.tv? Loads more people have twitch accounts and it is much easier to get visibility as you can tag the stream with the game you're playing, it also helps that twitch is dedicated to video games. I don't think I've ever watched a game stream on ustream, I'm not sure I even have an account.

TheConzio
16th September 2014, 03:31 AM
We have tried streaming on twitch for months, it simply does not work.
I did some research and most Australians struggle to stream on twitch, due to the distance of the servers.
Our attempts to stream on twitch would only last about 5 seconds, then it would cut off the connection.

We don't have this problem on Ustream, and you don't need an account to talk on chat :)

Maciek1704
16th September 2014, 03:41 PM
I can't participate ;_; I sprained my wrist ;_;

TheConzio
17th September 2014, 05:50 AM
Oh no, I hope it gets better soon :)

TheConzio
19th September 2014, 09:19 AM
24 hours from the time of this post until we start the WipEout segment!

Ace3000
19th September 2014, 09:28 AM
I feel obligated to tell you that I'm still available to play, I'll also be in the Ustream chat as ThatAceGuy!

Also, Conzio, do you mind if I record my end of the races?

TheConzio
19th September 2014, 03:21 PM
Nope, you can record :)

Ace3000
19th September 2014, 03:44 PM
Sweet!

I've been practicing on Pure, Pulse and 2048, it seems that actually works, cause I can race just as well on HD Fury!

Snakenator1
19th September 2014, 08:59 PM
I hope I wake up early enough for this, the curse of being a Brit right now lol :P
Should make it though :)

Maciek1704
20th September 2014, 05:31 AM
Oh no, I hope it gets better soon :)

thanks, i'll try join to you :)

Ace3000
20th September 2014, 10:48 AM
Well, that's the WipEout HD part of the livestream done, that was really fun!

Snakenator1
20th September 2014, 11:15 AM
Those were some of the best races I've ever had, absolutely intense phantom races just the way I like it ;)
Well done to all the participants as well :clap

I would really love to race some of you guys again during AVALON too :D

Knux_Chaotix
20th September 2014, 12:54 PM
So sorry I didnt make it guys :( I didnt sleep very well. Im still up for a few races if any of you are still about.

TheConzio
20th September 2014, 03:17 PM
Thank you for participating to those who did! It is very much appreciated, and everything was recorded :)

TheConzio
22nd September 2014, 01:53 PM
Aidan: There was some confusion in the chat, as we know an Aidan Lee personally as well xD
Were you Aidan63 (or something similar) in the ustream chat?

Aidan
22nd September 2014, 08:48 PM
Yes that was me, I usually have Aidan63 for account names but Aidan wasn't taken here so I chose that. I use leegamestudios for PSN and XBL because I messed up creating my account first time on both of them :/

TheConzio
23rd September 2014, 12:21 PM
This was the email I received from SpecialEffect after the livestream

"Hello Connor and the PureMarathon team!

Thank you so much for the fantastic support you have shown SpecialEffect with your 12 Hour Gaming Marathon, raising a fantastic $75.29 - we really appreciate it. I loved the short video you made of your event, and your gaming caricatures - they're brilliant! Every single dollar of support we receive helps us to continue helping so many of the truly remarkable people who need it the most - the severely disabled people we do our best to help get the most out of life.

Perhaps Alex, a young man with spinal muscular atrophy, can explain better the difference you’re helping us to make: "SpecialEffect is more than just a charity which helps people play videogames. They change lives. Through their knowledge and expertise, people like myself can now join in on the fun and play with friends on an even playing field, experiencing all the benefits of social interaction. It may be hard for some to imagine, but being included in such activities makes a huge and positive difference in our lives. SpecialEffect has helped me access my computer much better. I can now talk to my friends much, much more easily and I generally have a greater sense of freedom. Without their help, I would be very confined in what I can do. In fact, I’d probably be able to do virtually nothing I enjoy”.

And Tom, a young man we’re supporting at the moment: “I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at SpecialEffect for giving me my life back.” Despite - or perhaps because of - his disabilities, Tom has gone on to take part in fundraising events for us.

Thank you so much for your understanding and appreciation of what we do, helping us to put such huge smiles on so many people’s faces, and thank you for your sheer drive and determination to help make that difference.

With our kindest regards. Alison"

We're thinking of doing another one in December/January, and we'll raise our target as well :)

TheConzio
19th October 2014, 11:10 AM
We have currently uploaded the first four segments to YouTube, being Castle Crashers, Tomb Raider, Forza 5 and LBP 2.

This is our LBP 2 segment. More will be uploaded later, including WipEout :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yorpuWMAUcA

Ace3000
19th October 2014, 12:28 PM
I will be uploading the WipEout stream from my POV soon as well, however, it's gonna take a while to upload, as it's nearly an hour long! Also, Australia's upload speeds are horrendous, you can back me up on that, can't you Conzio?

TheConzio
20th October 2014, 07:59 AM
Awesome Ace! And yes the upload speeds are painful at times :brickwall

Ace3000
20th October 2014, 08:11 AM
For those that don't understand how painful our speeds are, look at my internet speed. Ouch.

stin
20th October 2014, 02:58 PM
That`s pretty slow speed!!

stevie:(

Hellfire_WZ
20th October 2014, 04:34 PM
Yep, that's about the same speed I get on upload. Bloody hurts when you have a big video to get online and you have to leave it running all night. My last one on Velocity 2X took over 16 hours!

stin
20th October 2014, 08:57 PM
I had tested mine from Scotland to Australia http://www.speedtest.net/result/3846842959.png

I do feel you guys!

stevie:)

TheConzio
10th November 2014, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, got some news.

We've finally come around to start editing the WipEout segment (as we are uploading the segments in order)
Unfortunately my internet has been capped, so it will take a while to upload, but should be ready by tomorrow (I'll post the link here when ready).

I'd like to thank these pilots for joining us:
Hellfire-WZ - Thanks for influencing us to do this marathon!
Maciek1704 - Thanks for the chats during the stream! :)
Ace3000 - Thanks for reporting problems and being there for the early hours of the stream!
leegamestudios (Aidan) - Sorry for the confusion with the other Aidan Lee xD We all wish you luck with _speed_!
Ragsus_Maxima - Thanks for providing the time conversion link and watching the later hours of the stream!
Cipher - Thanks for the final donation!
Mikahail - I'll make sure Callum doesn't read your name as "Mike" again xD
Snakenator1 - Thanks for bringing your Feisar to the competition!
-And others that were unaware of the stream-

We have started discussing about doing another stream in December, whilst raising our target goal for SpecialEffect and making it 24 hours instead of 12.
Good news - We all agreed to include WipEout HD Fury, so those who didn't get the chance to race last time, we look forward to seeing you this time :)

Ace3000
10th November 2014, 01:11 PM
No problem, mate! :D

Looking forward to the 24hr stream, if it does come to light!

Snakenator1
10th November 2014, 01:15 PM
Aww your welcome Conzio, anything for my friends and looking forward to the videos ^_^

Maciek1704
10th November 2014, 04:07 PM
Thank you... Conni... XD

Cipher
10th November 2014, 04:15 PM
Heh, sry again i didn't make it in time (well i kind of did, but the lobby was full, but oh well :P), glad i still contributed a little ^^
Let us know if/when the 24h one takes place ;)

Cipher

TheConzio
11th November 2014, 07:10 AM
Finally uploaded the segment :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZOmHjVLPA

TheConzio
13th November 2014, 03:11 PM
Heh, sry again i didn't make it in time (well i kind of did, but the lobby was full, but oh well :P), glad i still contributed a little ^^

No worries Cipher, and here's our response to your donation ( 14:08 )
http://youtu.be/9mTpuVPEVrs?t=14m8s

Cipher
14th November 2014, 09:50 PM
Daaawwwwww ^^ It was my pleasure, glad you guys made your goal ;)

Cipher

TheConzio
24th November 2014, 03:03 AM
Hey guys, the second marathon is confirmed. The first post has been updated with the details.
Please state if you are available to race at that time :)

Ace3000
24th November 2014, 08:31 AM
Ow. Screw waking up at 1:30am just to play WipEout, I'd rather sleep. Sorry. :P

I'll probably drop by the Livestream during the day, but I don't like the idea of a late-night WipEout session. 1, I'd suck due to sleepyness, and 2, my parents would probably yell at me to go to bed, lol.

TheConzio
24th November 2014, 10:04 AM
Ah yeah, sorry about that. The majority of pilots are situated in Europe and America, so we chose a time slot that would better suit their timezones.

Cipher
25th November 2014, 01:39 PM
Not quite sure yet where i'll be on the 18th, but if i can i'll definitely pop in, shoot a msg to remind me if i forgot ;)

Cipher

Aidan
27th November 2014, 05:12 PM
I can race at that time, I don't think I'm doing anything on the 18th so it should be fine!

TheConzio
30th November 2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks Aidan and Cipher!

keg_11
30th November 2014, 09:30 PM
Ow. Screw waking up at 1:30am just to play WipEout, I'd rather sleep. Sorry. :P

Worse for me - 4:30AM! I'll think about it, I'll give yo an answer soon.

P.S: Any chance to join GTAV (as long it's on PS3/PS4)?

TheConzio
7th December 2014, 05:17 PM
*Sorry for delayed response*

We're going to be playing GTA on the XOne. Sorry about that.

By the way everyone, just 10 days to go! Looks like there's still some availability to join the HD Fury segment. Anyone is welcome!

TheConzio
17th December 2014, 01:35 PM
Alright, tomorrow is the day!

Reminder: The HD Fury segment is at 1:30am - 3:00am AWST ( GMT +8 )

Anybody is welcome! I'll join the "WO live" chatroom a little before the segment. Invites will be sent :)

Cipher
17th December 2014, 05:47 PM
Don't forget to pop me a msg Zio! I should be free tomorrow ;)

Cipher

Maciek1704
6th January 2015, 04:50 PM
Can't wait for WipEout segment ;D

Ragsus Maxima
10th January 2015, 06:09 PM
I'd like to rewatch the stream. Because of time incompatibilities, I couldn't watch the first half of the marathon, but I don't find it on Twitch. :(

TheConzio
11th January 2015, 07:00 AM
We're uploading the segments on YouTube if you would like to watch :) Here's a playlist of what we have uploaded so far

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7HzSldrQ_3a0xaDKmVJHdwgbP0CiBu_p

Ragsus Maxima
13th January 2015, 07:32 PM
Great, thanks! :)

TheConzio
24th May 2015, 09:08 AM
Doing it again guys, on May 30 :)

All information is on the OP.

So please reply to the thread if you're able to participate. Thanks!

InfiniteQuazar
27th May 2015, 05:11 PM
Hey, maybe i'll be there, but I'm kinda nooby for the moment, hope it doesnt matter.

TheConzio
29th May 2015, 02:36 AM
No worries, thanks :)

TheConzio
31st May 2015, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rJ9_lwhGCU

WipEout 3 SE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTNEE6T_XFA

Time lapse of the entire thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKktdJpnPfA