PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting PS5 alerts from Sony?

blackwiggle
30th July 2014, 03:29 PM
I've had 3 Emails from Sony mentioning the PS5.

Anybody else been getting them?

I know what's been bantered about with the PS5 as basically a [Cheap] HUB GAME STREAMER.
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/gaming/consoles/ps5-release-date-news-and-features-1213409

Not sure if something like this will ever work reasonably, worldwide within my lifetime.

I would love it to be so, but unless the majority are all on the same page, well it's a rather pointless endevour.

Seems very much like a "If you build it, they will come" state of mind , from Sony.

Depends on the independent governments around the world on how , when , and if any of them roll out a high speed internet that is capable of doing this.

Can't see it happening ATM .... Just look at all the fighting :frown:

[I don't know how the thumbs down appeared before my title post? ...it shouldn't be there :| ] Admin: could you remove it ?:nod

Rapier Racer
30th July 2014, 05:17 PM
No and I'm on about every official PS mailing list there is, What you talk about sounds exactly like the PlayStation TV box which was announced some months ago which allows you to stream games from a PS4 in one room to a TV in another. PS5 will be a fully fledged console the world won't be ready for anything else in 5 years time, unless things change drastically

How about a screen cap of these emails?

Jonny
30th July 2014, 05:55 PM
Sounds like pfishing...

vincoof
31st July 2014, 08:54 AM
Sounds like pfishing...
^This
Any kind of mail that promises something unrealistic from a dubious source should be taken lightly. But I’m sure you don’t need to get warned for these kind of hoax / scam / spam / whatever it is.

As for the article you linked, I think the author just invented the term "PS5" because he thought it would bring him lots of readers (which worked like a charm, starting with myself). I also think he speculates a lot and writes a long article with little to no concrete information. The only real information he has (which we already know for months) is that Sony pushes the development of PS Now thanks to Gaikai. As far as I know there is no official announcement about a "PS5" based on this service.

terra-wrists
31st July 2014, 03:39 PM
Sony wouldnt even dream of announcing a ps5 until they see a massive return from the ps4 and its games first. That will take another 5-7years at least.

blackwiggle
1st August 2014, 09:27 AM
No and I'm on about every official PS mailing list there is, What you talk about sounds exactly like the PlayStation TV box which was announced some months ago which allows you to stream games from a PS4 in one room to a TV in another. PS5 will be a fully fledged console the world won't be ready for anything else in 5 years time, unless things change drastically

How about a screen cap of these emails?

I'd love to post a screen cap, but I just looked at the email and the PS5 is mentioned in the Email title, not in the actual Email content...... Umm, let me work out a way of proving to you what I'm tell you is the truth [It might need a screen grab -just working out how to do it without giving away personal email info ]
EDIT: I have tried 3 different methords of screen capture of the Emails, I can caputre them, put them in Open Office, but can't post them here for some reason....keep getting file problems.
I'll persist, one way or another, till You get to see what I've been sent from Sony.

ND-2-SPD
1st August 2014, 10:18 AM
I know what's been bantered about with the PS5 as basically a [Cheap] HUB GAME STREAMER.
http://www.techradar.com/au/news/gam...atures-1213409

From what I read this kind of sounds like the playstation TV: http://au.playstation.com/pstv/

blackwiggle
4th August 2014, 06:58 AM
Maybe some fool sending out the Emails from Sony EU has misread what they were supposed to send.
The title of my Email is : Pre-order Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4 & PS5

I'm not sure what Sony are doing, and I don't think they do either to be honest.

What became Playstation TV, was originally VITA TV.

VITA TV was a way to play VITA titles on your TV screen and use a PS3 controller, it was only released in Japan in that guise.

Playstation TV seems to be some mutated variant of what was originally a good idea that everybody wanted...... I mean the reason I've never bought a VITA was that it lost the Video out and PS3 controller mating capabilities of it's immediate predecessor, the PSP GO!

Playstation TV appears now like a watered down, partially crippled imitation of VITA TV, with new features that nobody really wants.

The problem with Sony is, they target questionnaires at young impressionable kids about what they would like to see next in gaming.
This is done via email [I've been sent plenty], they ask you for your Farcebook and Twatter account details, if you don't have a account with either of these your are quickly told that you do not fit the demographic that the questionnaire is aiming at, and your responses are not needed, and will not be recorded.

Problem there is Sony ends up asking kids, who don't have any money of their own, what products they should be bringing out.
Whole generations of gamers are left out of the questionnaires, simply because of stupid target marketing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

By the time the kids have started making money of their own, their choices will be vastly different, so it's a Lose Lose situation.
They are alienating the people who are spending their money on Sony products now, by 1] Dismissing their opinion as not wanted, and 2] Listening to kids that have Pie in the Sky ideas for services that they can't pay for, and their parents either can't afford or just flatly refuse to pay for.

The result? ... what we have coming through shortly, a game streaming [rental] service that is overpriced, and that won't work nearly as well as Sony hopes it will because the available internet infrastructure isn't fast enough for most people, in most countries.

vincoof
4th August 2014, 08:48 AM
That’s an interesting point of view about market surveys, but the truth is we don’t really know if they’re as pointless as that. On one hand, it makes sense to ask young people what they think, because this generation of gamers (say, the teenagers) will be the ones buying video games for maybe the 30 years to come (at least). On the other hand they are easily influenced and such results may be highly biased by the trends at the time these surveys are made. In the end, who knows how efficient this information is? I’m sure marketers have tons of data about that (I mean data about the relevance of surveys, not data from the surveys themselves which they obviously have), or at least I hope they do have these data otherwise they’re just terrible professionals.

blackwiggle
8th August 2014, 08:27 AM
Simple answer to that is,.
HELLO SONY!

If you are still selling home consoles, and the game makers are still making games for these consoles.

Why suddenly assume that your market will move to 'On the Move' as the Only viable market?

People have little money, a lot are losing their jobs, if not having less hours to work.
Result.
They will be staying at home playing video games via a cheaper online connection.