PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Enthusiasts / Plane Spotters / Generally mad about planes?

Knux_Chaotix
27th July 2014, 10:13 PM
Im big into Airshows and general plane spotting / just watching. Took a fair few pics this weekend at East Fortune Airshow in Scotland. I'll leave a link to them incase any of you want a look. Theres loads of pics of The Red Arrows, Lancaster Bomber and loads of others. Seeing as Wipeout is all AG floaty like and you pretty much fly the craft, I was wondering how many other pilots in here are a bit aeroplane mad? And if so are there any actual pilots, or people who attend things like Airshows kicking about? Any pics or awesome storys to share?

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Knux_Chaotix/library/East%20Fortune%20Airshow%202014?sort=2&page=1

Snakenator1
28th July 2014, 10:11 AM
Hehehe ^_^ I am, people who read my fan fiction know it ;) I spend a lot of time doing Airfix/Revell aircraft kits.

Also a couple of weeks ago me and my dad went to the Bovington tank festival and we had a P-51 Mustang fly over, it was pure amazing :D
A sample of my model kit skills:

Xpand
28th July 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm completely mad about planes, especially jet fighters from the cold war era, my favourite of all time being the MiG-21.
Unfortunately there aren't that many airshows here in Portugal so I never really went to one, and the nearest airport to me is about 140 km away. There is however a military base at about 30 km away and the F-16s usually pass above my house when returning to the base.

I flew RC planes for a long time too, but ever since I had to go away to live near the university I haven't touched the darned things.

I also used to develop aircraft add-ons for MS Flight Simulator 2004 and X and make videos using those sims, which also had to end because when I moved away I had to switch to my current laptop which doesn't handle FSX... Sad. xD I made a last film before I switched though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy_TiZp9MYE All of the planes in this video are my creations.