PDA

View Full Version : Anyone believe in the Slender Man?

Snakenator1
21st April 2014, 10:25 PM
This topic is a huge debate in my friendship group and my girlfriend, so many conflicting views keep us debating over the reality of the topic.
There's all sorts of videos out there with Marble Hornets the most popular and convincing of them all to keep the subject alive.

So what are your opinions on the reality of The Slender Man?

terra-wrists
21st April 2014, 11:42 PM
I dont understand?

Do you mean, do women find slim men attractive or muscle men attractive...

the reason why debates like this are circular is because "attraction" itself, is subjective. Different strokes for different folks :)

Rapier Racer
22nd April 2014, 12:01 AM
Thats the best ****ing reply ever, I'm literally falling out my seat :D

Xpand
22nd April 2014, 12:54 AM
Wait, let me get this straight: You're discussing the real world existance of a character from a half assed game? I don't get how that can even create a discussion in the first place. It's on the same level as discussing the existance of gravity.

terra-wrists
22nd April 2014, 01:01 AM
Thats the best ****ing reply ever, I'm literally falling out my seat :D

hehe I had no idea this was about some game character pffft :D

whats wrong with people these days? making thread about random shizzle which we probably dont even think about let alone consider thread worthy,

snake, what you been smoking mate? :D

Knux_Chaotix
22nd April 2014, 01:28 AM
Nah, Slendy isnt real. Although he resembles one of the hallucinations I have when I have an episode lol, but I've been having those since I was really young. "Shadow Man" is just a tall black figure who has 2 tiny white slits for eyes. But Slendy isnt real.

Jonny
22nd April 2014, 01:46 AM
This threat makes me think: "And against this we lost TWO wars?" XD

It's on the same level as discussing the existance of gravity.
Ähm...

Dirtbag
22nd April 2014, 03:29 AM
Oh he exists. You can see him on Halloween and at just about every ComiCon circa 2010.

Xpand
22nd April 2014, 07:20 AM
Ähm...

...only with the answer clearly being no.

Snakenator1
22nd April 2014, 08:53 AM
Wait, let me get this straight: You're discussing the real world existance of a character from a half assed game? I don't get how that can even create a discussion in the first place.

No not from the game, let me explain better :P

the game is based on the Creepypasta which put the Slender man into the worlds attention. Its caused videos to go viral that are supposed to be real footage of the creature. The reason for it turning into a discussion is we cannot tell if the thing is real or not anymore as there is conflicting evidence that can prove or disprove the existence. That's how we debate about it.

possesed13
22nd April 2014, 09:09 AM
sorry but what is creepypasta??

Snakenator1
22nd April 2014, 09:19 AM
Sorry I'm bad at explaining :P

Creepypasta's are short horror stories created by anyone. They can be anything from based on a creature, myth, urban legend, events etc.
I don't know who gave it the name but its a recent community that surfaced but its huge. The internet is full of these things and some of the stories are really good to read.

possesed13
22nd April 2014, 09:39 AM
hmmm... therefore is a fictional creation!
Snake my man... horror fiction is smth that attract peoples mind because simply we like it!
that doesn't mean is in anyway based on anything true...
the only truth is that it would be more horrifying if it was really true! :)

Snakenator1
22nd April 2014, 09:50 AM
I'm just getting second opinions, I think its all fake as well but people I know are so engulfed with it they think its real :P
I know to many crazy people these days, but I call them friends because of that :)

Jonny
22nd April 2014, 10:04 AM
...only with the answer clearly being no.

Wait a secound! Some siencist really think that this gravity and room-time stuff (I don't know the english name at the moment) is not correct.

Xpand
22nd April 2014, 11:33 AM
Gravity is indeed real. Explanations of how gravity works can vary, but Einstein's explanation is the best and hasn't failed thus far.

Jonny
22nd April 2014, 12:32 PM
Yep, but one thing we all have in common: We hope that one time the gravity could be voided ;)

blackwiggle
22nd April 2014, 12:38 PM
Wait, let me get this straight: You're discussing the real world existance of a character from a half assed game? I don't get how that can even create a discussion in the first place. It's on the same level as discussing the existance of gravity.

I floated off... what was the subject?

Jonny
23rd April 2014, 12:55 AM
The Slender Man is a creepy pasta (horror story) by someone from something awful (a website that host creepy pastas) and snake really wants to start a serious discussion about the existence of the Slender Man.