PDA

View Full Version : Is heavy metal music evil or not?

KronicReaper
3rd April 2014, 01:51 AM
Well I'm back again for another question that might get some metalheads very upset including myself. Is heavy metal music is evil or not? To me heavy metal music is good music to headbang too and give the horns. What is your opinion about this?

blackwiggle
4th April 2014, 07:08 AM
1] What is considered Heavy Metal - It seems to vary depending on what is listened to and who and where it is listened to.

Some poor grunt stuck in a Hummer in the middle of Afghanistan might show some interest in this topic.

But those that have the freedom of choice on what they are allowed to read and listen to might not feel the same way

I doubt anybody really cares anyway, even the record companies.

Heavy Metal: it's such a small, and diminishing market , mainly because of the relation of the ratio of depression sufferers that listen to it..... why do it to yourself?

amplificated
4th April 2014, 07:51 AM
You know, I was going to write a big post about how of course heavy metal is evil.

But less than two sentences in I grew so exasperated with how stupid your post was that I just have to explicitly state that you're an idiot, instead. Plus I'm too far out of the scene now to use all the right verbatim to rustle your jimmies with, anyway.

blackwiggle
4th April 2014, 10:21 AM
Sorry Amplificated, I find it so funny that you get so upset with my previous post it leaves you so flustered beyond the ability to post a reply. :)
My post might read as idiotic,[I did edit it severely .... apparently TOO severely] that I grant you.
I didn't word it as well as I could, [Guilty as charged :redface: ]

The cause ?

Too many images flashing through my head at the same time of Interviews, Documentaries & News Reports that I have read over the years.

We agree on the point, that you have stated.

The only problem you have, still it seems, is with me.
Nothing new there.

Here is a starter.
How the iPod became a tool of war.
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq
Top 10 Songs to go to war
http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/11/12/the_best_defense_list_of_the_top_10_songs_for_head ing_into_combat

Psychological Warfare in Afghanistan
http://www.globalresearch.ca/psychological-warfare-in-afghanistan/1122

I think we could both drive each other senseless with links to the same sort of info, without coming to a disagreement.

Whizawk
4th April 2014, 03:02 PM
Had to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

:rock:hyper:guitar

Snakenator1
4th April 2014, 03:07 PM
My personal opinion about this well :

Evil

Ready for the hate mail :P

Knux_Chaotix
4th April 2014, 03:27 PM
OMG BABY METAL!!! Love love love!!!

My honest opinion here, how can ANY music genre be classed as "evil"? Surely it depends on the context in which any music is used?? Could talk about A Clockwork Orange here but I cba tangenting. Im not a metal head, never was. I listen to it from time to time, but Im a raver baby.

possesed13
4th April 2014, 03:39 PM
there is no evil music... only evil minds....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Had to post this:

awesome man...

KronicReaper
4th April 2014, 03:45 PM
Go listen to Slayer or Cannibal Corpse that's some good heavy metal. BABYMETAL please give me a break, that's complete trash. Or worse if anybody that listens or likes Five Finger Death Punch, they need to see a neurologist to get their brain examined. I can compare BABYMETAL to Five Finger Death Punch any day.

Xpand
4th April 2014, 04:01 PM
You can't classify a genre as EVIL.
The genre itself isn't represented by its songs.

possesed13
4th April 2014, 04:12 PM
Had to post this:

these japan chicks rule man... is like watching robotek... but more babyevil lol

terra-wrists
4th April 2014, 05:05 PM
Ata tata tata zukkyun!
Wa tata tatata dokkyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Yada! Yada! Yada! Yada!
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
C! I! O! Chokorēto
Chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii ka na?
Demo ne chotto Weight
Chotto saikin shinpai nandesu
Dakedo chokorēto chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii ka na?
Demo ne chotto Wait
Chottomatte
Cho! Cho! Cho!

Ata tata tata zukkyun!
Wa tata tatata dokkyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Mada! Mada! Mada! Mada!
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
C! I! O! Chokorēto
Chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii yo ne?
Demo ne chotto Weight
Chotto saikin shinpai nandesu
Dakedo chokorēto chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii yo ne?
Demo ne chotto Wait
Chottomatte
Cho! Cho! Cho!

Too too late! Too too late!
Too too P! P! P! Come on!

Ata tata tata zukkyun!
Wa tata tatata dokkyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Zukyun! Dokyun!
Yada! Yada! Yada! Yada!
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
Yabai chō! Chō! Hādo
Chō! Ippai ganbattandesu
Dakara chotto (hāto)
Chotto dake onegai nandesu
Hayaku chokorēto chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! Chōdai
Yokose chokorēto
Chokorēto puriizu! !
C! I! O! Chokorēto
Chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii desho?
Da yo ne chō! Chō! GOOD
Chō! Happii de ganbacchaundesu
Dakara chokorēto chokorēto
Cho! Cho! Cho! ii desho?
Da yo ne chotto dake
Chotto dake tabe chaou! !

Too too late! Too too late!
Too too P! P! P! Come on!

:D

amplificated
4th April 2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry Amplificated, I find it so funny that you get so upset with my previous post it leaves you so flustered beyond the ability to post a reply. :)
My post might read as idiotic,[I did edit it severely .... apparently TOO severely] that I grant you.
I didn't word it as well as I could, [Guilty as charged :redface: ]

The cause ?

Too many images flashing through my head at the same time of Interviews, Documentaries & News Reports that I have read over the years.

We agree on the point, that you have stated.

The only problem you have, still it seems, is with me.
Nothing new there.

Here is a starter.
How the iPod became a tool of war.
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2009/sep/28/heavy-metal-music-us-army-iraq
Top 10 Songs to go to war
http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/11/12/the_best_defense_list_of_the_top_10_songs_for_head ing_into_combat

Psychological Warfare in Afghanistan
http://www.globalresearch.ca/psychological-warfare-in-afghanistan/1122

I think we could both drive each other senseless with links to the same sort of info, without coming to a disagreement.

I was replying to the O.P., I didn't even read your post, and I am only reading the first sentence of this one.

KronicReaper
4th April 2014, 07:42 PM
You people give metalheads that like heavy metal a bad name, even myself that like heavy metal that like to headbang to Slayer, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Cannibal Corpse, Killswitch Engage, or Trivium.

mannjon
4th April 2014, 11:29 PM
Personally, I am not a fan of Metal per se... but... Is it inherently evil? Nope. I thinks not.

Music nowadays is all about stage presence. Marilyn (spelling?) Manson admittedly claimed in countless interviews that he in no shape or form was who he was on stage in real life. It was all an act. It was a good act, and he made lots of money at it (and by good I mean financially feasible as a career). Some of his insinuations that he makes in lyrics could be construed as "evil" but that in no way defines the genre as evil.

Other performers, especially in the pop genre, provide equally provocative messages just in a different light. While I don't begrudge pop singers either, they too are trying to make money. Most stages presence is just an act, regardless of genre. The same can be said about Rap, or any other genre for that matter. While the songs are not necessarily evil, the performers may or may not be evil, based on one's own personal moral compass.

The bottom line is that on the whole, I would not consider Metal as evil, rather some of the messages themselves are. But as a general statement about a genre, I don't feel that it is inherently evil. Holding a band as evil because they sing about murder, rape, drugs or any other society value is no different from seeing it in any other media outlet. It is what it is.

Love the sinner, hate the sin. Guns don't kill people, people do. Music doesn't cause people to behave in an evil manner, people behave evil on their own accord.

Knux_Chaotix
5th April 2014, 12:32 AM
Kronic, no ones giving anyone a "bad name"... All everyone done in this thread was post an opinion that you asked for...

KronicReaper
5th April 2014, 04:51 AM
No Knux I'm saying that people that like to listen to heavy metal and like to headbang are outcast and they think that metalheads are bad people that like to wear metal shirts to support their favorite artists. This has been going around like years now, take a look around to see people that like heavy metal that are normal in a unfit world we live in right now.

Ace3000
5th April 2014, 06:07 AM
I listen to multiple genres. Electronic, Rock, Dubstep, Alternative and, of course, Metal. In my opinion, metal is not evil, it's just music. It's like saying any other genre of music is evil, it makes no sense.

Also, one of my friends was brought up in a religious environment. She listens to heavy metal and is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. It's not the music genre that's evil, it's the person.

Dirtbag
5th April 2014, 10:34 AM
people that like to listen to heavy metal and like to headbang are outcast and they think that metalheads are bad people that like to wear metal shirts to support their favorite artists.

Wat. I think that sort of thing depends on your local. Where I am Metal is just another form of music like classical or jazz. In fact Metal is one of the more well known and listened to genres here.

This has been going around like years now, take a look around to see people that like heavy metal that are normal in a unfit world we live in right now.

I was going to say something but reading it again I don't really understand what you mean, sorry.

Azurooth
6th April 2014, 11:01 AM
Go listen to Slayer or Cannibal Corpse that's some good heavy metal. BABYMETAL please give me a break, that's complete trash. Or worse if anybody that listens or likes Five Finger Death Punch, they need to see a neurologist to get their brain examined. I can compare BABYMETAL to Five Finger Death Punch any day.

You're complaining about people looking at "metalheads like outcasts" cause they listen to metal, when you in return think people need to see a neurologist cause they listen to FFDP. Brilliant logic.
OT: I've been listening to metal for quite a while, black/death/thrash/stoner/grind/industrial/folk/tech/melodic, and i'm pretty sure it's not evil.
Oh and i've never been treated like an outcast, even during a period where all my clothes screamed metal.

Mikahail
6th April 2014, 11:39 AM
"Is heavy metal evil or not ?"

It's not evil if you like it, whether you're a big fan or just someone who like to listen.
The only ones who think it's evil are those who don't like this kind of music.
As for me, I like metal in general so it's totally not evil. :)

Mitchemous
8th April 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Kronic just trolled you all... Lol