PDA

View Full Version : Any Drum & Bass listeners here?

KronicReaper
31st March 2014, 03:42 AM
Hello again I been lurking around again on Wipeout Zone to ask you a simple question. Are you listeners of Drum and Bass music?

Jonny
4th April 2014, 11:48 AM
Ähhh...yes...thanks to WipEout ;)

terra-wrists
4th April 2014, 05:16 PM
yesss.... into it. I used to be into mixes but lately I prefer to listen to the track in full. Weird. Anyway, any recommendations?

mannjon
5th April 2014, 12:07 AM
OH HOLY YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photek remains awe-inspiring. The complexity of the layered beats. I also liked FSOL (Future Sound of London), which is pretty close, but with a slightly more ambient feel. You can also check out Autechre for a deeper listening experience (it will take some effort to get into them, due to the sheer complexity). Autehcre is not a great example of DnB, but they sort of stand out in with no real genre type. Start with Tri Repetae++, it is probably the easiest listen they have.

But as far as recommendations go? ALL of Photek (start with Solaris, one of the best LP's for DnB/Jungle, very basic, very instinctual), try some of Kraftwerk, and Aphex Twin.

MegaGeeza22
10th April 2014, 04:15 PM
I love Drum and bass but i prefer the old style with the vocalists. like bassman, dangerous d, etc...

terra-wrists
10th April 2014, 04:36 PM
OH HOLY YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photek remains awe-inspiring. The complexity of the layered beats. I also liked FSOL (Future Sound of London), which is pretty close, but with a slightly more ambient feel. You can also check out Autechre for a deeper listening experience (it will take some effort to get into them, due to the sheer complexity). Autehcre is not a great example of DnB, but they sort of stand out in with no real genre type. Start with Tri Repetae++, it is probably the easiest listen they have.

But as far as recommendations go? ALL of Photek (start with Solaris, one of the best LP's for DnB/Jungle, very basic, very instinctual), try some of Kraftwerk, and Aphex Twin.

I've got Photek's stuff.... I remember back in the 90's he did a tune called Hidden Camera (anyone remember it?) he sampled a cameras shutter speed thingy into the tune and each time I heard it, I was like "I know that sound.... what the heck is it though?" and it was only when I looked at the record that it all made sense... bloody hidden cameras everywhere nowadays though eh? Photek was ahead of his time, and still is.

Some others I like are Mefjus - seriously, anything by him is really good. Then there's Mendelayev, who reminds me of a younger photek with a more industrial flavour - perfect for wipeout. Oh man, I can go on and on with this.

I also like the old school DnB too, simply nostalgia though. Personally, some of the new stuff coming out nowadays is pushing the boundaries way out there... and I like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Drum and bass but i prefer the old style with the vocalists. like bassman, dangerous d, etc...

Did you ever get Cool FM where you are? (94.6fm) that had to be the best DnB radio out there, bar none. Anyone who was anyone on the DnB circuit back in the day, featured on that radio station.... and weekends, cruising around in cars smoking weed listening to DnB was the ultimate teen rush :D

anyway, this is a track by mefjus and icicle called Contemporary - this makes me rush my titties off! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124ANbmnvAU