PDA

View Full Version : Any F-zero Pilots here??

Snakenator1
27th February 2014, 02:29 PM
When a friend of mine saw I liked to play F-zero GX, he introduced me to WipEout and that's how I'm here.

So any other F-zero pilots here? I'm a huge F-zero GX fan and I still love the game because of the fact that the speeds in that game are WAY faster than WipEout and the incredible difficulty in trying to beat it on the hardest difficulties (still cannot beat mission 7, 8 and 9 on very hard)

I'm sure I'm not alone here ;)

Mitchemous
27th February 2014, 04:31 PM
I came from F-Zero
I completed the game 100% :D
After that there wasn't much purpose to stay, no online features and keeping track of leader boards and having to record everything was annoying so I moved back to the gran Turismo series before recently winding up here.
And yes F-Zero is very fun and VERY fast, the only consistent problem ice found with the F-Zero series is that there are many abnormalities in the physics, like the Momentum turbo slide. Is it cool that it's in there as a boost for veteran drivers? Yes. But it's not in there for that reason, it's in there because its something the developers overlooked, I'm not gonna get into too many details since few here probably understand the F-Zero universe, and it's been a niche that's annoyed me with the series. Don't get me wrong I LOVE F-Zero, its in the top 5 of my all time favorites but because of those little bugs its made me take wipeout as a much more professional game. Wipeout may be easier and have a lower skill ceiling, but with wipeout there are no shortcuts, there are no tricks to better aid the hardcore pilots, they need to gain their advantages scouring the track for the best line or anywhere they can sneak in a BR. Which is where I wonder if CGN truly could bring the hurt to wipeout, or of he'd just be mediocre pilot getting dusted by the veterans on our forum?

Snakenator1
27th February 2014, 10:54 PM
I completed the game 100% :D

If I could beat the last three story missions on very hard and beat three of the Grand Prixs on master difficulty I be at 100% as well, but my skills can't accomplish this currently =/

I also agree about the exploit in the physics system, it can be irritating sometimes and it does seem rather unprofessional. Don't forget though that this is a Gamecube game so not everything about it will be perfect, as long as you enjoyed the game while you played it that's all that matters.

Jonny
28th February 2014, 11:21 AM
I donĀ“t play F-Zero, but simetimes I watch some videos, looks cool :D

JFthebestJan
28th February 2014, 02:02 PM
the day a new F-Zero is announced, is the day i will buy a Wii U! 30player online races; X-Cup online; Track-Editor + 1080/60p is all the game needs.
don't get me wrong, i like GX, but i love F-Zero X for it's handling. it feels much more real in my opinion than GX does.

Mitchemous
28th February 2014, 04:38 PM
the day a new F-Zero is announced, is the day i will buy a Wii U! 30player online races; X-Cup online; Track-Editor + 1080/60p is all the game needs.
don't get me wrong, i like GX, but i love F-Zero X for it's handling. it feels much more real in my opinion than GX does.

Couldn't have said it better myself!