PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 6 Tournament

TheConzio
8th January 2014, 07:13 AM
So, I have organized a GT6 online tournament over at GTPlanet. If any Gran Turismo fans here would like to join, that would be great. I doubt this will become anything big, but it will at least it would be quite enjoyable.

So far, it's only a "draft", which means the tournament hasn't gone into action yet. (Registration will begin once it is set to "open").

The link to the tournament can be found here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-6-adrenalin-tournament-prizes-are-now-listed.296453/

Have a nice day!

xtriko
26th January 2014, 01:15 PM
I'm in! :D

Mike458
26th January 2014, 09:55 PM
I'm in.

How about 500pp racing? I have a car built for it...

PSNID: pp-123

TheConzio
27th January 2014, 12:33 AM
Yeah we can have that, I'm thinking about different types of races throughout the tournament.

TheConzio
29th January 2014, 12:01 PM
Update: If we can get this bigger, I'll be willing to include some prizes (PS3 games)

xtriko
30th January 2014, 06:20 PM
mate, will this be with or without driving ads? I vote for abs only :)

TheConzio
31st January 2014, 05:06 AM
It will probably be without aids (abs only) but i'm thinking traction control might allowed as well, for the newer players who struggle to race in a clean manner.

Edit: Prizes are now listed.

Amaroq Dricaldari
31st January 2014, 07:12 AM
If I had GT6 (and a working console to play it on) then I would love to join. I used to play Gran Turismo 2 a lot against my brother, but I sucked really badly at it. (Speaking of which, some of my infraction points came from a GT5 discussion... I kinda wish I wasn't a complete idiot back then.)
The Subaru was still my favorite car, a shame I could never pass the license tests (I always played in Arcade mode).

All of that said, I wish good luck to all participating in the tournament. Drive safe, and do not forget that there are not separate left/right airbrakes (I make that mistake often in non-wipeout racing games.)

Mike458
22nd February 2014, 12:36 AM
Well, I'd love to be in charge of one of the groups!

Here's what I would do for Group 1:

Round 1: 500pp racing on various tracks, 3-10 laps depending on track, 10 races, MR cars banned

Round 2: Various one make races 2-10 lap races, 10 races

Finals: 2 1v1 duels with the Red Bull X2014 Standard (stock, no tuning), winners of both duels go to the finals for 1st in the X2014 Fan Car, losers go do a 1v1 with the X2014 Junior to determine standing

So the results would work like this:

1st: Winner of the winners duel
2nd: Loser of the winners duel
3rd: Winner of losers duel
4th: Loser of losers duel

Thoughts?

TheConzio
22nd February 2014, 10:59 AM
If we can get this happening, I can probably assign you as a group host.

As for the races, I'll be releasing those after registration has finished. I'm up for suggestions to do with racing regulations (PP limit, car manufacturer etc)

So in response to your suggestions, I can include a 500pp limit race/s. I'll think about the one-make races in the future.
Sorry to say, but I won't allow duels. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible so that everyone can understand the format/management for the races.

I'll be writing a list (privately) for the current and future suggestions.

EDIT: If some people could spread the word about this tournament, that would be much appreciated!