PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher seriously injured

Hellfire_WZ
29th December 2013, 11:19 PM
Announced on the news this evening that F1 legend Michael Schumacher was seriously injured while on a skiing holiday and is currently in a critical condition. He was admitted to hospital requiring urgent brain surgery and is in a coma.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25545993

Rossriders
30th December 2013, 01:20 AM
Say what you will about the guy, for me Scumacher was one among several racers I followed in the mid to late 90s and even today. I hope he pulls through.

dreadofmondays
30th December 2013, 02:49 AM
When someone mentioned this to me I said I didn't particularly like Schumacher that much compared to some other people in the scene.
I didn't realise he was critical though. I don't want him to die! I hope he pulls through okay and can recover.

keg_11
30th December 2013, 07:26 AM
I can concur. Come on, Schumi! :)

KronicReaper
30th December 2013, 12:41 PM
I got some more information about Schumacher on the Formula 1 website and ESPN.com.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/12/15358.html
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/140457.html

Rossriders
30th December 2013, 03:28 PM
Like I said earlier, he was someone I followed in the mid to late 90s. Two major reasons were A a book that covered Renault in Formula 1 at the end of the 1995 season (namely Williams and Benetoon), as well as the fact among the drivers mentioned, Michael Scumacher. It was a book that propelled me into looking more into F1 and keep in mind it isn't easy all the time to get info all the time, at least as a younger kid in the 90s in the US.

Infact while I did follow what I could through such Magazines as Road and Track, it wasn't until my parents got cable and got SpeedVision (before it became Speed and was phased out as of this year :( in place of Fox sports 1...*growls*), that I followed F1 when I could, most of all in 2000 and 2001. Again, not a fan of every tactic he used but then again 'The Magican' Aryton Senna De Silvia wasn't always 100% squeaky clean, but then again he had massive tallent and ability, along with being a ruthless driver. Came with the territory.

It's interesting cause like with Vettel today, some hate the guy due to him being so damn successful, more so with Red Bull. It is that case of one of the best, having one of the best cars (helped of course with Adrian Newey), and not putting a foot wrong. I'm sure some had issues with Alonso winning 2 in a row or how Brawn more or less steamrolled the competition in 2009...or how some had a distaste for either Senna or Prost for various reasons.

Regardless, something has to be said for everything every driver has achieved regardless of their actual results. To be in F1 alone is far from easy and from everything I've been researching in motorsports in general, even if a driver fell flat on their face in F1, they may be very good elsewhere.

Although I have respect for all drivers/riders in every form of motorsport, be it four wheels...two, on water, in the air and so on.

I hope he pulls through...we'll see however.

DDD113
30th December 2013, 05:07 PM
When I first saw the headline "Formula 1 Champion in Critical Condition" my first thought was Vettel, and that would have been quite a tragedy for him to end his already illustrious career like that. But it's no better for Schumacher, he was a great talent and hopefully he pulls through.

Ragsus Maxima
30th December 2013, 07:36 PM
What an unfortunate accident. Hopefully he will pull through this, although it won't be easy.

Jonny
31st December 2013, 10:32 PM
First I thought it wouldn´t be that bad, but it seems that he woudln´t rehabilate completly :(

Hellfire_WZ
1st January 2014, 09:47 AM
Update this morning - he's now in a serious but stable condition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25566612