PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for my YouTube channel

Hellfire_WZ
18th November 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm planning on expanding the YT channel over the course of the next year as there's only so much you can do with Wipeout. Trouble is, I'm a bit stumped as to what to put up there. I'd rather not go down the route of a bog-standard Let's Play as every mug and his sister is doing it, unless I try and put a different slant on the whole thing.

Of course, this doesn't mean this will be the end of any Wipeout content. I'll be recording the progress of Equilibrium and any updates to SSGX. But I do need a new approach. If I ever manage to find a way to adequately record Vita footage you can expect another beginners tutorial like for HD :)

So I'm appealing for any thoughts here - what sort of stuff would you look out for on a gaming YT channel? I can record footage from pretty much any platform except DS and Vita.

TheConzio
19th November 2013, 10:14 AM
I'd like to see a channel where people vote/say what the uploader (you) wants to play/review. This will cause more people to like the channel and know that the uploader speaks and responds to their fans. I know this probably won't work as you might not have games that fans would like you to play/review, although you could rent them out at your local video shop. This probably won't work but I'd like to make the suggestion anyway :P

Knux_Chaotix
19th November 2013, 10:18 AM
Im with Conzio. Thats an awesome idea ^_^ Also, Im a retro gamer at heart so maybe some stuff from the Megadrive era etc?? If all else fails, shirtless tuesdays!!! Jk :P

docfo4r
19th November 2013, 10:51 AM
Well, maybe it would be good to connect this forum to the channel a bit more. I dunno what WipEout-related videos could be done other than simple gameplay. You got teams, tracks, weapons, tutorials... How many alternate routes/easter eggs in track design and ships/strange & funny behaviour under certain circumstances does exist in the WipEout titles?

I can only speak for HD where you could talk about the Amphiseum shortcut, the Syncopia glitch which is more like a cool thing IMO :D and I am sure other WipEout games have some unique stuff aswell, maybe a certain combination of weapons, AI behaviour etc.

Another idea but I dunno if that is really "helpful" in any way is a monthly or quartery video review of the activity over here on the Forum. This might create some interest to look up the forums. For example it could be like "Servers have been shut down for most of the official website of WipEout / People discuss Syncopia Time Trial races [there could be a short moment of Ciphers tutorial playing the background] / SSGX received an update here [put a short section of the latest provided video into the background if it makes sense to do so]".
I think it would be a cool thing if the forum was a bit more active, so registered ppl can get an overview of what's happening and unregistered people might find a reason to join the forums.
But sometimes there is not much happening here where it is worth to make a video update for, so it could be done once in a month or in a quarter maybe.

Is Ami still around, btw? Just out of interest...

BTW: Thanks for considering SSGX aswell :)

dreadofmondays
19th November 2013, 11:17 AM
I actually think the opposite, you should branch out from wO and not really focus that much on this forum. The people that will be following you because of the new stuff won't care about things that happen on the forum.

KronicReaper
20th November 2013, 09:24 PM
Do a music channel, like your favorite dance music or do video game walkthroughs or do team backgrounds for Slipstream GX.

Hellfire_WZ
25th November 2013, 08:55 PM
Right, mind made up. I'm going to go with first impressions, basic tutorials and online gameplay for any games I can get to grips with. I'm upgrading to an HD-PVR2 in the near future and will be ordering a modded Vita next year, so along with ShadowPlay and Fraps I can record footage for pretty much anything except the DS. So expect stuff like a 2048 Beginner's Tutorial :)

First up though will be Resogun. I've played that a couple of times now and it's one that'll be getting a lot of attention!

Hellfire_WZ
29th December 2013, 06:36 PM
Well, so much for PS4 stuff on the channel. My new PVR2 arrives tomorrow and I'm all geared up to do a beginners tutorial for RESOGUN... only to find that Sony have been dickheads again and HDCP encrypted the HDMI output! They've said they'll remove the encryption for gameplay in a future update, but god knows when that'll be.

Utterly f*cking senseless, especially when the Xbox One does this out of the box! :evil

TheConzio
30th December 2013, 01:31 PM
Damn, and it's unknown when the update will come. I have an Xbox one, pretty good console, i find that there is less latency than there is on the playstation online, and that's probably why they charged to play online. The kinect is a nice touch to have with it, very accurate and can understand different english accents (Australian for me) and the camera is pretty good high quality, and responds to movement pretty much instantly. Controller feels very nice, i compared it to the PS4 controller and xbox got my vote. I have Forza 5; looks great graphical wise, in my opinion looks better than GT6, although still a GT fan! Hellfire I'd like to see some GT6 videos if you happen to have it :)