PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Pure DLC

True Endurance
16th September 2013, 02:07 AM
Hello, I just bought a PSP again so that I could play Pure, since it isn't available on the Vita from the PSN store. I'm in the US, so we didn't get the dlc for Pure or Pulse that was released in Europe. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has this dlc that can share it and help me download it, or any information about where I can get it (as long as it's not a sketch site). I've been playing all the WipEouts again and would like to have all of the ships and tracks for the PSP games, otherwise it feels like I'm missing out on some WipEout!

Thanks,

True Endurance

- - - Updated - - -

I just found the thread that has the downloads for Pure. If anyone knows of a way I can get the Pulse packs for the US version - If there is a way to pay for them and download them; I'm not talking piracy - let me know!

blackwiggle
16th September 2013, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately Sony USA deemed Wipeout PULSE a none starter, so never made the DLC available to US PSP owners.

I'm not sure if the same thing applies to VITA owners though.
Try using Sony MEDIA GO! software, which is available free to download.
http://mediago.sony.com/enu/download

You can upload & download both games and game save data, to & from a PSP/VITA to the Media Go software, then transfer that data to the same using this software.
The software will only allow ONE registered device to accept the games loaded on to it, either a PSP or VITA.
There is a way around it if you have two PC's ;)

Several pilots here have the original wipeout as a downloadable PSP version, PURE + DLC , PULSE + DLC and 2048 + DLC all on a VITA done this way.

It might be because I think the VITA might be region free?
Not sure.

I know the recently announced VITA TV will be region free.
So everybody at this forum should be on the same page eventually regarding the old games that are still playable. :)

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th September 2013, 08:34 PM
The Pulse DLC packs do work on both EU and NA UMD versions of the game, but they're only available on the EU PSN, so you'd have to make an EU PSN account, and fund it with an EU PSN card from ebay or something (unless Paypal works on PS Stores from other regions). Of course, this won't work if you're using the NA PSN version of Pulse, as you can only use one account at a time on PSP/Vita.

A lot of hassle for some DLC packs, but the extra tracks are great. Some of my favourites in the game. :)

DDD113
16th September 2013, 10:30 PM
Do you have to be using your UK playstation account on your PSP to download them? If so, how do I switch PSP accounts?

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th September 2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, the Pulse packs will only work on your UK account. To use a different account, you have to delete the current one from the PSP (there should be an option if you go to "account management" in the XMB and press triangle), then you can enter the details for your UK one. I should mention that it is against Sony's rules to enter a fake address, but I haven't heard of anybody getting banned for it (and a lot of people do it).

amplificated
18th September 2013, 12:48 PM
Pretty sure you can use software like this (https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/psnpkgdecryptor-extractor) to remove the tie to the UK account and use it on your usual one.

Hell though, I'd have looked into emulating before buying a PSP. I've brought it up a couple of times, and it works great for both Pure, Pulse, and their DLC packs. Perfectly legal if you own the games. People say the Vita's controls are better than the PSP's... and well, I can't stand the Vita's controls. Now I can play both PSP WO games on my big screen TV with a PS3 gamepad... I don't think you can compare how they play. Can hardly recommend emulating enough, really...

DDD113
24th September 2013, 02:17 AM
Is there a way to save your previous NTSC account before deleting it so you can use it again later?

True Endurance
27th September 2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks, I'll try this.

blackwiggle
27th September 2013, 09:08 PM
Is there a way to save your previous NTSC account before deleting it so you can use it again later?

YES.
Use the MEDIA GO! software to back it up.
Copy the save game data to another [2nd] place on your HD, so you have two copies, as MEDIA GO! will only allow transfer of data to the device that is registered to it.