PDA

View Full Version : What do you listen to while playing??

quickbeam
9th August 2013, 07:36 PM
Not that the default soundtrack isn't amazing, but since the option is there I have imported a bunch of my own electronic music. Mostly Com Truise (about 15 tracks), but some Boards of Canada, Nils Frahm, and Radiohead as well. Will probably add a few tracks from Gold Panda and maybe some Aphex Twin at some point in the future.

Rock on!! :rock

AquaAura
11th August 2013, 01:21 PM
I listen to the default XD I love it so much.

Though my brother did once play a trick on me and put Beethoven into the soundtrack 0_o most out of place thing ever...

bpinflag
24th August 2013, 04:49 AM
I have everything from dubstep to some chill drum and bass for those zone modes.
Anything that is electronic and has a fast tempo works well with this game. :)

Snake1405
25th August 2013, 10:18 PM
I have a long list of electronic music themes, but mostly trance. Deadmau5 themes like "There might be coffee" or "Alone with you" go perfect with the game. Listening this themes in Zone is awesome too!!

"Contact"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuKxAvCSZ4

Children remix (best remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwPi97slq4

:g

AGSys
29th August 2013, 10:23 AM
Funnily enough I listen to Hawaiian, Smooth Jazz and Classical music. I find I can concentrate a lot better when the music tracks are more calmer. Nonetheless I still love the game's official soundtracks, especially Exceeder. :D

Knux_Chaotix
29th August 2013, 02:15 PM
I have a few songs from the older games on my soundtrack (Xpander, Goteki 45, etc) the rest of it is Trance, Hard Trance, Dance etc. Really loud, thumping fast paced stuff like Cosmic Gate!!! Fantastic to race to!!! The Prodigy also have a few tracks that are bang on PERFECT for Wipeout, not just Firestarter :P Hotride and Warriors Dance work really well, same with the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People.

KronicReaper
12th September 2013, 01:16 AM
I like the heavy EDM like drum and bass and hardstyle. When I play wipeout 2048 I play Japanese Hardcore like DJ Sharpnel version of the Hari Hari Yukai dance aka Sounds of SOS, Little God Channel, and World Sound if I want too and uplifting trance like Orjan Nilsen, Armin van Buuren, W&W, and Andrew Rayel.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
5th November 2013, 05:03 PM
Usually I like to listen to a bit of Rush; usually the hemisperes album, Hopsin, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Animals as Leaders but most of the time I fluctuate between Hopsin, Immortal Technique and Jimi Hendrix :)

Dirtbag
5th November 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm probably the only person that enjoys listening to the sounds of the engines and environment. I feel it's more immersible than having music. Though when I do feel like listening to some tunes, it's usually System of a Down or Slipknot.

Cipher
5th November 2013, 10:01 PM
oh god, metal music in wipeout? O_O
does that even work? :p (not a fan of metal here, but i respect ur choices, i just would go mad if i had to listen to it while racing lol)
And same, no music in game here, but that's mostly for video editing purposes in case i record, but if i turn on music i stream it from soundcloud ;) (only since recently though)

currently listening; Obsession (Original Mix) - Krause (https://soundcloud.com/thisiskrause/obsession-original-mix)

Cipher

KronicReaper
6th November 2013, 06:00 AM
Heavy Metal is ok, but I prefer hardcore, hardstyle, and hard trance when playing zone. And yes I'm a heavy metal fan and yes I do listen to Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, and other heavy metal bands that I might put on my WOHD custom list one day.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
20th November 2013, 09:22 PM
Really can't stop listening to Sithu Aye when i'm playing now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1XgvsbtCaA
They're a rare and lucky find :) I recommend them if you're into a bit of djent or instrumental rock/metal music :D

Mietepiet
21st November 2013, 07:48 AM
Sithu Aye is added to my soundtrack :rock

I love playing zone Syncopia with Pink Floyd - Echoes
Currently i race on old skool rap.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
21st November 2013, 10:41 AM
Haha :) I knew someone would like them! Pink floyd are f*****g amazing! My brother in laws dad still has dark side of the moon on vinyl, I am jealous to be honest haha

Luedism
22nd November 2013, 02:59 AM
I recently discovered that one of the folders of music Id imported to my PS3 had "No playable tracks" when I selected it in WipeOut.
This is very convieniant when I want to just hear the sounds of the game without a soundtrack, since if you turn the music volume down to zero in the settings, you also wind up muting the 3-2-1-Start sounds, so I thought Id share this with the rest of you incase you were looking for this type of solution. Sorry I cant say why the folder has "no playable" in WipeOut, since I can play all the tracks from the music menu on the desktop. I would guess it has something to do with the filetype or bitrate. If I find the time to work that out, I'll post.
However when I do want music in the background, I listen to Goa-Psy Trance / Dub / D&B , stuff like that fits well since most of it has no vocals so you can just Zone Out (pun intended).
Ive been looking for some suitable Classical music to try (Think Apocolypse Now / A Clockwork Orange) Its about the conflict of soothing sounds playing while doing something SO intense, like flying at 100's of kph & glenching your teeth when you hear "Quake" =^{)
Anyone who does listen to Classical or Chamber / String Quartet while playing WipeOut, please reply with some suggestions. Thanks !

- - - Updated - - -
Hey KronicReaper
If you like hard stuff like that I have a group you might not have heard of but Im sure youd like.
The name of the group is Sepultura. They are heavy hard metal from the Brazilian rainforest !
Ozzy & Sharen even took a trip to the jungle to hang & record some tracks with them.
Check them out, not sure if youd want to listen when flying, but if you like your hardcore HARD,
then sepultura is something you need to hear !

Cipher
22nd November 2013, 05:57 AM
^euhm… adjusting music volume to 0% still gives me the 3-2-1-Go! sounds =/
I either have soundcloud or iTunes playing while racing ( or nothing at all), in game music turned off ^^

and i agree with pink floyd lol, love shine on you crazy diamonds! :)

Cipher

Mietepiet
22nd November 2013, 06:13 AM
@Cipher: try beat JF on Anlpha - venom on Vivaldi's Four Seasons ;)
I'm no classical expert, but Beethoven might be suiteble for Wipeout.
Or Apocalyptica - plays Metallica on four cello's

@Kronic: if you like that Sepultura, try also The Exploited (hardcore punk)

Cipher
22nd November 2013, 07:45 AM
lol, you mad man, you realize he's got the world record right? with a 4 second lead on my current best time, don't think that'll be happening too soon, will give it a go though ^^

Cipher

Mike458
26th November 2013, 04:31 AM
Anything hard rock or surprisingly jazz is on my PS3 to the point where it's out of memory. I set my best time on Anulpha Pass (Phantom, Goteki45) listening to "So What" by Miles Davis, and on Chenghou Project (Phantom, Goteki again), listening to "Technical Difficulties" by Racer X.

Quite contrasting, eh?

TheConzio
26th November 2013, 05:10 AM
Usually the Wipeout Pure soundtrack, Equilibrium soundtracks, Vanishing Point soundtrack (A PSX game, has awesome electronic music!) and Kraftwerk. I'm releasing an album soon!

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
28th November 2013, 12:45 AM
@Mike458 if you are fan of jazz I recommend listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, they're amazing but take it with a pinch of salt also racer x are awesome, Paul Gilbert is an epic guitarist :)

Mitchemous
1st December 2013, 04:48 PM
For Zone and detonator mode especially, I love listening to the band krewella! They are upbeat techno dance music and it's awesome for the game!! Songs like "we are one" "feel me" or "come and get it" are a few of my personal favorites!!

Greevb
3rd December 2013, 09:33 PM
I have all the old wipeout discography, and I made a playlist of their tracks. Best of all the games. Also I've been listening to this great band Something Fiction whom has nice down-tempo tracks for when I'm not feeling electro. Plus the proceeds for buying the albums goes to MAPS charity. Mycelium Music is another faster paced band I enjoy; also charity proceeds go to Re-foresting the rain forest. For really bizarre upbeat tunes I put on A Tribe Called Red and some of these sick electro Mixes I got from Soundcloud guy Anikin.

DDD113
4th December 2013, 12:56 AM
Hey, Greevb, and welcome to the forums! I think most of us agree that the original WipEout had the best music, you just can't beat that mid 90s techno rush!s I love watching this thread, and discovering new music, twas a great idea to start it. :)

Greevb
4th December 2013, 01:46 AM
Thank you thank you for the warm welcome, also I've enjoyed watching this forum and listening to new suggestions for music. I'm pretty open minded in that department. Been a long player and lover of the wipEout games from the original 3 on the PS1, to the 2 PSP versions and HD/Fury of course on the PS3. Haven't picked up the Vita yet though I'm curious to see how 2048 turned out; sad to see Studio Liverpool get dropped by Sony. Though I hear some other projects are already in the works :)

-Greetings from Belgium!

DDD113
4th December 2013, 02:46 AM
Belgium! I wouldn't have guessed, since your location reads "Sol 2" :P God knows where that thing floats in it's free time, though, you could be anywhere! On a serious note, I'm glad you've enjoyed your time, we always need new pilots here to keep us entertained. Sounds like you have a real history with the WipEout series, too. Hopefully you'll get your hands on 2048 sometime, I personally thought it was a really cool game, with the street circuits and all, but it did lack some features (racebox, open online, etc.) so opinions have been highly polarized, people either love it or they hate it.

With the projects, I encourage you to check out the SlipStream GX sub-forum, and see how we're coming along. A lot of progress has been made since the start, and the latest demo is simply fantastic! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2fHrP1LyrmvRjNwUl9qVzMwWE0&usp=sharing Things are coming right along, and we'd love to hear your input if you have any ideas or suggestions! :D

Greevb
4th December 2013, 10:08 AM
Indeed! I hope to pick up a copy of 2048 soon as it seems to be a well done history of wipEout style game. I've been lurking in the Slipstream GX forum as well and from what I've seen so far I've been pretty impressed; this community sure has many wonderful projects and outlets going on. In fact I'll boot up my PC this moment and get started downloading the demo :D

DDD113
4th December 2013, 12:10 PM
Awesome! I hope you enjoy your time with it. :) It takes a minute to get used to the handling, but once you get it, the demo's quite a blast.

Greevb
9th December 2013, 10:34 AM
The Crystal Method and AZEDIA just came out with new albums too, so I'm loading that up right now!

Dunno if this is allowed if not please remove, this song is amazing IMO and free to dl in the vocal and instrumental form, enjoy!

http://azedia.bandcamp.com/

Cipher
9th December 2013, 10:50 AM
OMG!!! I'm not alone!!! :D
Hi there fellow belgian ^^
Welcome :)

on topic;
still the same old :p
electro dance house and wub wubs

Cipher

Greevb
9th December 2013, 11:00 AM
Hey hey, hailing from Mons/Bergen; lived 15 years in America but have been in Europe for the last 8 years. Though my PSN says I'm US I'm here in BE lol, add me mang lets race :D

Cipher
9th December 2013, 11:19 AM
Kortrijk here ^^, can't race right now though as i have college work to finish atm, maybe this evening :D

Cipher

Greevb
9th December 2013, 11:22 AM
Likewise, juggling two jobs and classes for me start on the 16th, have a meeting tomorrow but for sure I'll be on later. I'll shoot you a request. :P

Mike458
9th December 2013, 07:38 PM
@Mike458 if you are fan of jazz I recommend listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, they're amazing but take it with a pinch of salt also racer x are awesome, Paul Gilbert is an epic guitarist :)

@Greevb and Cipher: Stay on topic! :P

Anyway, I also added some Alex S. and some of that Mahavishnu Orchestra to my soundtrack. They are AWESOME! Thanks for letting me know about that! And yes, Gilbert is awesome. That is all.

IXxNOCTURNALxXI
10th December 2013, 05:41 PM
Haha i'm glad you like them Mike and your welcome mate :)

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 03:22 AM
Well lately ive been listening to the prodigy, and that was good. But the best soundtrack imo is jamiroquai high times greatest hits :) smooth, cool and very chilled

Knux_Chaotix
11th December 2013, 08:52 AM
Fabby!! Another Prodigy fan ^_^ I have a few tracks of theirs on my HD/Fury soundtrack.

idloveacupoft
11th December 2013, 12:35 PM
^^ ye I really liked invaders must die album on there. Tracks like invaders must die, colours, thunder, omen and warriors dance really get me pumped for racing xD still though, jamiroquai prob edges it! And thats saying something!

Mike458
8th January 2014, 06:59 PM
Jamiroquai is amazing. 'Nuff said.

Futures, made of
Virtual insanity, now
Always, seem to
Be governed by this love we have
For twisting, useless, our new technology
For now there is no sound, for we all live underground

Possibly one of the best songs ever made. (sorry for offtopic)

Anyway, I just added a LOT of Allman Brothers and Queen to my playlist! 2MB of storage left in my (slightly) broken PS3.