PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - 24th November 2012

Colonel
21st November 2012, 06:07 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone IX - Saturday 24th November 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

Sorry this is posted later than usual, been very lazy of late with Wipeout stuff. Having said that, we're on a good run of doing one a month, so here's the plan for November. We'll be starting on Saturday at 1.00pm (GMT) and will be going until about 9.00pm. Slightly earlier finish this time because Ricky Hatton's fighting on Saturday night :g.

If you've not attended one of these before, just get online on Saturday and find us, we'll be in Public rooms and somebody will invite you to the Ozone chat room. I will be using my Colonel__Gaddafi account as usual. Everybody is welcome, this isn't some elite club for Overlords.

Rooms that will be hosted throughout the day include:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, selected tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

Now then, I'd like to try something this time, if you guys are interested. It's can be an individual or a team thing, although I'd lean towards individual due to potential connection issues. It's a mini all-rounder tournament:

We do 2 Flash races (one weps, one without), 2 rapier, 2 phantom, 2 Zone Battles and 2 Rapier Elims. Over all winner gets a Ferrari. Or just the satisfaction of winning, undecided yet. I'd like to do this about at about 6.00pm. Who's with me?

See you on Saturday...

Colonel :rock

Knux_Chaotix
21st November 2012, 07:28 PM
Boom!!! Count me in!!! And hell yeah to the mini tournament, I want a Ferrari...

GekkoP
22nd November 2012, 06:04 AM
I'll be there. Not sure I can stay all the way through 9pm, but I'll do what I can.

onlykpop
22nd November 2012, 06:06 AM
I can make it for a little while! Thanks again for hosting this Adam. And for reminding me earlier today lool

scarfrogers
22nd November 2012, 08:02 AM
I should be around early afternoon team WiPeOuT!

Ragsus Maxima
22nd November 2012, 01:55 PM
Probably I'll be there a bit late, but I'll try to not miss this.

Aeralys
22nd November 2012, 06:29 PM
I'd rather an Aston Martin but I guess I can settle for a ferrari...ok I'm in.

Liod19
23rd November 2012, 11:44 AM
The day of moving out was delayed, still lots of stuff to do. But maybe I'll be able to show up for one or two hours.

Colonel
23rd November 2012, 12:54 PM
Ah shame, well I hope you can make it at least for a few races.

Who's up for this all-rounder tournament then? It should only take about 30 - 45 mins I reckon.

DreamyElf
23rd November 2012, 01:23 PM
I'll try to make a short appearance for some phantom races at some point. :)

Even if some of us really moved on from WO, it's really good to see you Colonel still supporting & keeping WO alive with these events. :+

Colonel
23rd November 2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks mate, and it's equally appreciated that retired pilots such as yourself still turn up for it :+

Medusa
23rd November 2012, 02:23 PM
I will try to appear, somebody needs to pick up those "Fastest Lap" badges ;)

Rapier Racer
23rd November 2012, 05:46 PM
Count me in too :)

Aeralys
23rd November 2012, 07:13 PM
Just tweeted about it lol. I know a few other friends of mine have WOHD, I'm trying to drag them into it as well. See if we can get an even bigger turnout than last month :P

Bahamut__
23rd November 2012, 08:52 PM
Count me in for some phantom racing !

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd November 2012, 11:16 PM
I'll come in the evening. Thanks again for doing another one of these Colonel, much respect. :+

Hellfire_WZ
24th November 2012, 09:38 AM
Good stuff, I'll be on a bit later :)

Colonel
24th November 2012, 11:09 AM
Just a quick note about the room system. It's always intended to be very flexible, so I'd like people to speak up if they'd like a change of speed or mode, or settings. I don't want anyone to feel like "Oh I'm in the Weapons On Phantom Room" for example. We'll do whatever people feel like at the time.

Having said that there's usually a lot of Phantom ;)

GekkoP
24th November 2012, 01:53 PM
Colonel, didn't get your message yet. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

TheConzio
24th November 2012, 01:58 PM
That was great, I actually didn't know this was on, I was just randomly online XD

Bahamut__
24th November 2012, 02:24 PM
Hey, I'm online, any chance of a chrome race ? 8)

Colonel
24th November 2012, 03:35 PM
Colonel, didn't get your message yet. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

You should have a friend request from Erik_Ponti, that's my second account. I'm just on a break at, but I'll be back on at 5pm.

GekkoP
24th November 2012, 03:40 PM
no, no request from Erik_Ponti

Colonel
24th November 2012, 03:46 PM
It's showing in my list that it's pending. Do me a favour and send a request to Erik_Ponti, I'll check it in about 10 mins.

Bahamut__, you should have a friend request from Knux_Chaotix, I'll also send you one from Erik_Ponti, and we;ll get you your BB trophy.

GekkoP
24th November 2012, 04:04 PM
Damn. I got some connection issues cause I can't go online, keeps throwing me back to the main menu.

Bahamut__
24th November 2012, 04:19 PM
Cool, thanks Colonel i'm back on now

:guitar

GekkoP
24th November 2012, 05:22 PM
Gonna have dinner, or wife's killing me. Well, it's been fun, but I must practice A LOT more to get to race with you guys. Still great fun though.

Colonel
24th November 2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys I have to knock I on the head now. I'm pissed off, my head hasn't really been in it today, and I've been a shambles. There's still a phantom room and an elim room going strong, I hope I can rejoin a bit later but it's 50/50. Thank you all for coming out, sorry I didn't get to race with all of you (DP, Ragsus, Liod etc).

I'll organise one for Christmas, it'll be far better run I promise.

All the best,

Adam.

onlykpop
24th November 2012, 07:59 PM
That phantom room was intense! Thanks again for hosting Adam. Wouldn't be the same without you :)

Medusa
24th November 2012, 08:05 PM
That was lotsa fun, thanks for the intensity all! *That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh I liiike iiit!*

Ragsus Maxima
24th November 2012, 09:36 PM
Great races we had today, although I'd have liked to be here earlier, but I can't help it when the real life begins to troll me.
Nevertheless, I'm glad to be there on time, even for a couple of hours. :)

DreamyElf
25th November 2012, 08:28 AM
Some really fun races last night, thanks everyone! :)

scarfrogers
25th November 2012, 05:42 PM
Great fun! Sorry I could only make the morning though :(

See you all on track soon!

Knux_Chaotix
26th November 2012, 12:31 AM
Has a good laugh this month ^_^ Some great racing and epic failing on my part lol :P I blame the booze.

Dark_Phantom_89
26th November 2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks again for organising another event. Always a pleasure to race with you all. :)

Ragsus Maxima
27th November 2012, 02:13 PM
The usual videos of the event are here. :) Although I only was there for a couple of hours, I could get enough footage.

• Phantom races (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJlyopxfXE8)
• Phantom tournament (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqbKxaGXZWc)

Colonel
30th November 2012, 05:52 PM
My videos from last weekend's event;

Flash Tournament (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sth77WcmG1g)
Zone Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a37P7_rCb5I)

No Phantom videos from me sadly because I couldn't make the evening Phantom session :(

Again, thanks to all the players who attended. There will be a special Christmas Ozone on Saturday 22nd December, which I will organise much better, not to mention attend the full day.