PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitos - the bane of my existence

Hellfire_WZ
18th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one that's been getting eaten to buggery by these little winged bastards over the last couple of months. All that wet weather we've had has turned everywhere into a breeding ground for them and I've been having to splatter at least six of them in my room every night.

AG-SYSTEMS
19th August 2012, 02:28 AM
Well, here in the Southern US, it's been wet too. But no bugs.

stin
19th August 2012, 07:25 AM
Yes I just really detested them because, every-time, I go out play golf and practice I just cannot avoid it but depending on the weather. You say, inside your house!!, ouch!, me?, never happened to me yet but I hope not!

stevie:)

Medusa
19th August 2012, 05:11 PM
I wish I was kidding, but I'm not: my province, Manitoba, sells a ridiculous number of these:

Usually in summer they are really bad - meaning you can't walk outside without DEET on or you'll get bitten, and the mosquitoes still land on you they're so hungry. Plus on the really really bad days you actually inhale a few they are so thick.
BUT this year, they are hardly around! I wonder if a strong wind blew them east to the UK and south to Texas...strange.

Asayyeah
21st August 2012, 06:54 PM
No bugs there in north of France but it reminds me a funny anecdote while I was working in south america years ago : on my very first trip out of Cayenne in the deep jungle where we stayed for a week I listened carefully every bits of advices from the guide. We stopped for the night, put my teeth pasta next to the ropes linking my hammock to 2 trees avoiding weird alien bugs to get into my safe nest. I kept my trouser cause it's a bit cold at night and of course my mosquito net.
Trust me when I took my shower in the morning everyone started laughing : I ve been attacked severly by giant kamikaze mostiquitos who bypassed my high defenses and covered my body by the largest red circle areas I never saw in my life, the biggest one was 30 cms diametre (co-op mode enhanced for bugs!!!)
The first months was hard but after a while I ve earned the mosquitos-free badge :P

Oryx Crake
21st August 2012, 07:12 PM
sweden is a fertile breeding ground for winged bastards of all shapes and sizes but most especially mosquitos, so yes I have also been eaten to buggery by them, some evenings I've taken to smoking on occasion just to keep the little assholes away (for some reason tobacco smoke seems to drive them away and make them stay away.) it's been hell.

Colonel
22nd August 2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah most insects hate tobacco smoke, bees especially in my experience. Asayyeah, that sounds terrible :eek

scarfrogers
22nd August 2012, 08:12 AM
We have loads of flies this year in Kent, UK. They are so annoying landing on the TV screen! You think you've got them out the window and then they somehow squeeze through the tiniest gap when closing. GRRRRRRR!!

And fly spray does nothing to them! They are immune. They would no doubt survive nuclear apocalypse with the cockroaches....

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 04:15 PM
BUT this year, they are hardly around! I wonder if a strong wind blew them east to the UK and south to Texas...strange.

It would explain where all of those misquitos around my house came from...
I just hope there isn't a team in the next WipEout game (if there ever is one) called Mosquito.

Medusa
22nd August 2012, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, after the Leech Beam came along, anything is possible...

Airrider
22nd August 2012, 07:22 PM
Telling you what, a mosquito with Shield Raider would be a headache.

Maybe they'd have ships made of wood like the De Havilland...you know what.

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd August 2012, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, after the Leech Beam came along, anything is possible...

It isn't called Leech Beam anymore. It's new name is Nosferatu!