PDA

View Full Version : London 2012

Colonel
30th July 2012, 05:36 PM
Have you all been watching? Anybody got tickets? I've been watching some archery this afternoon, it's awesome. There's a strange purity to it, it feels very gladiatorial. Never watched any before, but that's the good thing about the Olympics, it gets you watching all sorts.

Mikahail
30th July 2012, 06:42 PM
Watching swimming right now on TV(golden evenig for us yesterday). I love watching sports so I'm delighted with the Olympics.^^

LJtheZombie
30th July 2012, 07:11 PM
I live in London, and I'm doing my best to ignore it!

DJ Techno
30th July 2012, 07:43 PM
When we were eating out.
Myself, Jabba (Al), AG (Eric), mr. frost (Travis), G (Ben), his friend doc, Medusa (Izz), and Mr frosts girlfriend

Watched a good bit of it. Caught that part of the queen and mr. James bond walk through the palice hall to thay chopper.

Also agreed with others, that she looked scolded, mad, or just stern pissed with something. William n his wife looked happy.

America was getting gold right n left. For a couple B team squads doing the work.

Fantastic job from the black athlete for gymnastics. Made all other oppenents look in shock.

Dark_Phantom_89
30th July 2012, 07:50 PM
I've been watching it a lot and am really into it. The opening ceremony was absolutely stunning, and Danny Boyle did an amazing job with it all. I loved every second of it!

There have been some really intense events and it's only Day 3. Did anyone catch the Men's Gymnastics Final earlier this evening? I can't believe we got screwed out of a Silver medal. :(

DJ Techno
30th July 2012, 07:55 PM
The American mens team did n does what it can do.

Win n not loose grip on a pole with both hands powdered

Hellfire_WZ
30th July 2012, 08:21 PM
I mentioned in the General Conversation thread that I was there yesterday. Had a great view of the womens' hockey and grabbed a few pics of the stadium as well

6529 6528 6526 6527 6525

There are tickets going back on sale too, although not that many at the moment. Worth keeping an eye out if you're interested.

Nutcase:259
30th July 2012, 09:56 PM
i loved the industrial part of the ceremony, forging the rings. there was a camera angle that really showed off all the contrasting blue and orange lights in the smoke looking up at the massive towers which really stuck in my head, looked amazing. :g

Im hoping to rock up to london early in the morning and get a good spot for the cycling time trials. should be great :D

and im also keeping an eye out for any tickets there reselling. are they being sold on the website or do you just have to turn up at the park and hope?

MegaGeeza22
30th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Cool pictures Hellfire, last time i was in London that area was an illegal dumping ground lol, its nice to see that its looking so good!
I have to agree with you Dark_Phantom, the Men's Gymnastics Final was naughty... G.B and Ukraine had silver and Bronze and then Japan appealed and they were awarded the silver... i felt more sorry for Ukraine however.

Fantastic job from the black athlete for gymnastics. Made all other oppenents look in shock.
Racist?

Hellfire_WZ
30th July 2012, 10:02 PM
It was indeed, Carpenters Road used to be a common place for old fridges to be dumped. It was so bad at one point it was called "Fridge Mountain" ;) Seriously, having lived next to it all my life it was amazing to go back there and see what it's become now.

Nutcase - Yes, it's through the official site.

Incidentally, if any of you are going to the mountain biking, that's just up the road from me ;)

30th July 2012, 10:08 PM
great! im gonna keep an eye on it ;) one thing i have been wondering/fearing is that if there reselling the unused seats for "olympic family" or what not, are they not going to cost a bomb? i hope not, it would be great to bag some tickets to any event really ('cept maybe equestrian :lol )

Hellfire_WZ
30th July 2012, 10:26 PM
It's a mixture really. Most of what I've seen has been the really expensive ones, but I've been assured that occasionally there have been the odd £50 tickets popping up. I do want to go in the stadium though. It's very unlikely anything will come up there for the main Olympics, but I'm tempted to get some Paralympic tickets if that's the case.

DJ Techno
30th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Cool pictures Hellfire, last time i was .....

*Originally Posted by*DJ Techno*Fantastic job from the black athlete for gymnastics. Made all other oppenents look in shock.Racist?
Racist?

Im a what?

Did u even watch the olympics?
Did u even watch my American team perform?
Do you even know why Gold was n our grasp.
http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/bronx-native-john-orozco-an-unlikely-gymnastics-star/

Did u think I wouldn't come back with out backup, you dumbass

Next time I have a praise about a black American athlete n also remember. Im black too.
keep it real. I will n have high hopes for USA.
Oh he is also either mix or full.peurto Rican, so regardless if he is or isnt. I still love the guys actions to make gold

N respect the rest of these other countries trying. N Japan can take their crying crap somewhere else. Cause USA got fifth, probably because of that whining n all the crappy deductions some judges were giving us.

N if u dont know where the Bronx is Mega? I think u might need to go give it a visit some time

MegaGeeza22
30th July 2012, 10:44 PM
I just came back here to remove that comment lol because i realised it could cause an argument, but i saw you replying so i left it.
Its nice to see the white athletes dominate the swimming..

I have to agree, its not racist... its colour pride

Colonel
30th July 2012, 11:28 PM
I don't like the way this is headed, please cool it Geeza and Techno.

Inversion
31st July 2012, 01:32 AM
And now, back to your regularly-scheduled kvetching!

DJ Techno
31st July 2012, 01:55 AM
What up!

Another gold for the USA. Ms Franklin who busted her own best time record n the 100 meter

N suppose ly team finals for mena gymnastic.
Go show the hater who judge us with deduction points whos boss.

Like I said.. Those judges who give deduction points. Just a bunch of haters because john, devi, n the last man.

Didnt fall, mistake badly...
What everyone else do. But bust there ass left n right. Particular China when they had their shot four years ago.

What CG? The problem got resolve before u showed up n he saw the fault. End of story.

Im back on my Team USA

stinkleroy
31st July 2012, 10:46 AM
I love the Olympics and have been watching avidly since 1996 (that makes me feel old)

Whilst I do like to see a British and Dutch medal here and there I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular - the Olympics are supposed to be about sportsmanship, dedication and triumph and I feel whoever can produce that is a worthy winner...doesn't matter which country you are from to me. That's the spirit of the Olympics, countries coming together and competing fairly against one another, putting aside whatever political differences they may have and being equal for a few weeks. It's almost how the world should be.

I'm loving 2012 so far, it seems the first few days have been all about shock results which fits well with London and the UK in general as we all love an underdog :) Well done to the French in the 4x100 freestyle swimming relay, that truly was an amazing race! Have been watching almost everything available but can't wait for the athletics to start :)

Dark_Phantom_89
31st July 2012, 11:58 AM
N respect the rest of these other countries trying. N Japan can take their crying crap somewhere else. Cause USA got fifth, probably because of that whining n all the crappy deductions some judges were giving us.

N if u dont know where the Bronx is Mega? I think u might need to go give it a visit some time

N suppose ly team finals for mena gymnastic.
Go show the hater who judge us with deduction points whos boss.

Like I said.. Those judges who give deduction points. Just a bunch of haters because john, devi, n the last man.

Didnt fall, mistake badly...
What everyone else do. But bust there ass left n right. Particular China when they had their shot four years ago.

What CG? The problem got resolve before u showed up n he saw the fault. End of story.

Im back on my Team USA

I'm sorry, what? I don't mean to be rude, but it's very hard to follow your argument with your grammar.

You could tell that the USA weren't going to win that Gymnastics final because China absolutely dominated it. Whilst I was annoyed at the appeal by Japan, they probably did deserve to get that Silver medal having held that position the whole time. But then again, the competition is about consistency, and everyone else showed that, apart from Japan who wavered at the last minute. It's Ukraine I feel sorry for the most. They were queueing up to receive their Bronze and everything.

Also, please stop butchering the English language. You don't hate on something, nor are people who you disagree with referred to as "haters.". There is no such expression. ;)

MegaGeeza22
31st July 2012, 08:47 PM
just watched the womens football, UK vs Brazil. It was probably the best game that iv seen in years! UK won 1-0.
I believe that these women could beat most premiership teams and completely destroy the mens england sqaud lol. The next FIFA game should include womens teams imo.
Also... PHELPS, greatest olympian of all time! you cant beat that lol, not for another 8+ years anyway.
Its all good this year!!

ExaltedR3V3NG3
31st July 2012, 09:26 PM
I also mentioned my Wimbledon trip 3 days ago in the General OffTopic Thread. BTW Hellfire, my tickets were just £30 and, while it gave you an specific seat in the Central Court (not near the players but neither neck-breaker), while you had free tickets on the other ones (despite it came to be useless). For me it had a great value, just like if every match costed me £7.50! However, I am sure the next ones will be a pain in the a**.

Oh, and I'm expecting Phelps to set his medal record further if he still achieves more medals... And Lochte seems to be a "friendly-rival" to him...

Inversion
1st August 2012, 03:33 AM
Also, please stop butchering the English language. You don't hate on something, nor are people who you disagree with referred to as "haters.". There is no such expression. ;)

...As an American, I salute you for this, sir!

Hellfire_WZ
1st August 2012, 09:48 AM
Guys, last I checked this wasn't an English lesson. Back on topic please.

Dark_Phantom_89
1st August 2012, 11:11 AM
Sorry Hellfire, didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Our first Gold has arrived, courtesy of the Rowing. Well done team! :g

Hellfire_WZ
1st August 2012, 04:23 PM
And another gold and bronze for the road cycling time trials! :D

ExaltedR3V3NG3
1st August 2012, 09:06 PM
Finally the hosts had their first own Gold medal :D The Spanish team only has a bronze won today, lol

Oh, whoever organized to enter into the Olympic Park should be kicked from that kind of job permanently. I was going there until they told me I had to buy the passes online, and I couldn't do it there... Another flaw was the Stratford Station: once you exit, you have to cross a Coca Cola Bridge to see the train departures... And I had to ask that to a worker there...

Hellfire_WZ
1st August 2012, 09:49 PM
Load of tickets just gone up for sale

DJ Techno
2nd August 2012, 03:10 AM
I'm sorry, what? I don't mean to be rude, but it's very hard to follow your argument with your grammar.

You could tell that the USA weren't going to win that Gymnastics final because China absolutely dominated it. Whilst I was annoyed at the appeal by Japan, they probably did deserve to get that Silver medal having held that position the whole time. But then again, the competition is about consistency, and everyone else showed that, apart from Japan who wavered at the last minute. It's Ukraine I feel sorry for the most. They were queueing up to receive their Bronze and everything.

i don't need an english teacher.. from england. about american english and the use of slang and sub words.

learn them yourself.
cause i helped saturn and mr. p (phlanj) understand them. and help arnaud understand me. And Its gonna happen again. like always.
if u don't want to learn them. im not gonna worry about it.

cause i use every type of word spoken and used in the USA.

And as for a matter of fact. Both teams for USA basketball use words that aren't even supposedly in the so "English Language" And folks, like myself and who ever else, love it.

I loved it how both the womens and mens did work on both their opposing teams.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics-2012/team-usa-routs-tunisia-olympic-basketball-lebron-james-company-night-life-live-london-article-1.1126843

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/02/oly-bask-bkwbbl-rounds-day5-usa-idUSL2E8J1L4620120802

but one thing and whoever reads this would or might agree. cause they have to know whom the original DREAM Team was for the USA Olympic mens basketball team.
In Lebron James own words he had said, this was quoted on ESPN's Sport Center. About the new basketball team for this years Olympics could be better or best and could beat the Original Dream Team.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-berri/woulda-coulda-and-the-rea_b_1725407.html

Which if anybody knows the mind set, work, team work
that ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_United_States_men%27s_Olympic_basketball_team

PF 4 Laettner, Christian 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) 235 lb (107 kg) Duke Blue Devils
C 5 Robinson, David 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) 235 lb (107 kg) San Antonio Spurs
C 6 Ewing, Patrick 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) 240 lb (110 kg) New York Knicks
SF 7 Bird, Larry 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Boston Celtics
SF 8 Pippen, Scottie 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 210 lb (95 kg) Chicago Bulls
SG 9 Jordan, Michael 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 200 lb (91 kg) Chicago Bulls
SG 10 Drexler, Clyde 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Portland Trail Blazers
PF 11 Malone, Karl 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 255 lb (116 kg) Utah Jazz
PG 12 Stockton, John 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 175 lb (79 kg) Utah Jazz
SF 13 Mullin, Chris 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 215 lb (98 kg) Golden State Warriors
PF 14 Barkley, Charles 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 250 lb (110 kg) Phoenix Suns
PG 15 Johnson, Magic 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Los Angeles Lakers

When James made the remark that this years Olympic team could be better than the Dream Team of back then...

I love the new team and Lebron James finally got his ring. ha! Finally!
But not yet, is this Olympic team of today better than what we had over the decade and more ago.

Also

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/Americans-finding-it-difficult-to-get-Olympic-tickets-at-London-2012

So Hellfire or anybody else.. how much would u sell me a ticket?

since i just heared about this crazyness for americans buying tickets?

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd August 2012, 10:25 AM
i don't need an english teacher.. from england. about american english and the use of slang and sub words.

learn them yourself.
cause i helped saturn and mr. p (phlanj) understand them. and help arnaud understand me. And Its gonna happen again. like always.
if u don't want to learn them. im not gonna worry about it.

cause i use every type of word spoken and used in the USA.

And as for a matter of fact. Both teams for USA basketball use words that aren't even supposedly in the so "English Language" And folks, like myself and who ever else, love it.

You're missing my point sir. It's not about whether you "like" to use those words, that's your call. I was just commenting on your presentation because I found it quite bizarre. I know a few Americans IRL and they don't speak like that, which is why I was intrigued. So no, I don't intend to teach you English "because I am from England" as you put it, even though we did invent the language. ;) But I digress, my apologies staffers.

Did anyone catch the Men's Cycling Time Trial yesterday? Absolutely amazing performances from Wiggins and Froome, and it was so great to see Team GB win a Gold and Bronze from that event. :g

Oryx Crake
2nd August 2012, 11:21 AM
Really haven't been watching as much as I'd like, saw the opening though, the only thing I didn't like was the inclusion of military uniforms, that to me stands in stark contrast to what I percieve to be the olympic spirit/Idea/mindset... Unless of course the uniforms somehow come off during the thing to show a distancing from war and all that. In any case I kinda have to agree with cat in that I'm happy if my country nabs one or two medals but on the whole I'm happy for any athlete who wins.

MegaGeeza22
2nd August 2012, 09:41 PM
3 Golds and 2 Silvers, it was a good day today! 5th on the medal table.
I cant wait until tomorrow, ATHLETICS!!! I think Jessica Ennis will be competing tomorrow. im also looking forward to Mo Farrah on saturday.
Phelps made me laugh today... he wins Gold and ten minutes later he wins a semi final, i think he was right to retire after the games because there is so much new talent, nearly every other race is a new world record! and that goes for all the sports.

DJ Techno
3rd August 2012, 04:19 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19040247

oh buck up britians basketball team.

maybe instead of playing Nigeria, which seemed easy for the american team. UK's team shoulda played USA.

seemed a bit to easy to ball against Nigeria.

USA 159 to 79 Nigeria... yeah! Thats easy, like the Boston Celtics playing the Charlotte Bobcats.

on the medal board the usa is on top of china. I already see somewhere china failing. just like getting caught cheating in a such a small game of Badminton.
How do u **** up in such a game like that....

place all bets on the mens swimming, basketball, and every other event. knock out others and stay on top

Hellfire_WZ
3rd August 2012, 10:46 AM
I don't think we're looking at the same medal table? China are still on top by virtue of more silvers. And to be honest, they should have had a gold in the women's cycling yesterday. What they were relegated for was ridiculous, overtaking a nanosecond too early. I have to agree that what happened in the badminton was disgraceful. The Chinese coach said afterwards, "As head coach, I owe the supporters of Chinese badminton and the Chinese TV audiences an apology" - well what about the poor bastards in the crowd who paid money to see that? How many of them could only get tickets for that one event?

Looks like Jessica Ennis has gotten off to a great start in the heptathlon, won her heat of the 110m hurdles in a British record time

3rd August 2012, 12:09 PM
Anyone else tried getting tickets of the london2012 website? seems basically like mission impossible, probably because thousands (edit just saw the news apparently millions every day) of people are trying, but also because that website is cocking terrible! dropdown menus, events they say are available but actually aren't, the 15min wait screen and scrolling through the 'captcha' things to find one that looks like its written in english. Surely there's a more user friendly way.

in better news though BMX up today :D EDIT no it isnt lol no idea why i thought it was. its actually on 8th of august

Hellfire_WZ
3rd August 2012, 12:13 PM
I have been trying and failing all week. It really is an awful site, the fact that most of the time you are looking at an out of date availability list is unforgivable.

JABBERJAW
3rd August 2012, 03:36 PM
Actually mike, it was 156-73, a tough match. However, 1992 dream team destroys this team by 25, it's not even close. Jordan switches to the small foward position and not one position out of 12 is better for this team. It would be ugly. That being said I would like to see more of these scores instead of 10 point games. Dwight Howard would help this team a bit, and the only person missing that really affects the team

Colonel
3rd August 2012, 07:19 PM
As a boxing fan I have to say I'm incredibly disappointed that the amateur sport has been dragged through the dirt again this Olympics. There are calls for boxing to be scrapped from future Games, and you can understand why. People in the know say the corruption we've seen this week is the tip of the iceberg, and that the sport is crippled with it. It's such a shame because Great Britain have come a long way these last few years. But if you don't know whether you're watching a fair fight, where's the excitement?

It will be glossed over in the media for the next couple of weeks so as not to ruin London 2012, but make no mistake, serious problems in boxing.

3rd August 2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah i heard about the fight where an opponent got knocked 6times in the final round and still won, although it was overturned its so unbelievable its almost funny that they thought they could look around and think "have we got away with it?" :lol , isnt there a 3 knock down tko rule applied???

it does seem pretty rotten to the core though, i think maybe there are too many boxing control boards, and so many people behind the scenes involved, maybe some streamlining is needed to improves it reputation.

been watching the cycling mostly, i find really cool, the velodrome looks awesome and there's just something about the helmets, there so cool and shiny! :D :lol when there all tailgaiting in total unison it looks brilliant, plus were good at it! :g

JABBERJAW
3rd August 2012, 09:41 PM
The Canadian coverage is FAR better than the American coverage of the Olympics, same every year.

MegaGeeza22
3rd August 2012, 11:31 PM
For such a small island we certainly pack a punch, i think we are 3rd overall now.
Im glad that the swimming is coming to an end... i didn't realise that there was so many events!
I enjoyed the rowing, cycling and judo today.
Jessica Ennis and her friend did well, also Phelps last solo swim where he got gold again... end of an era but im sure he will get his last gold in the relay tomorrow which will be his final competitive race.

DJ Techno
4th August 2012, 07:58 PM
The only game I have heard that actually push this basketball team to the brink of losing.

Lithuania 94
USA 99

Coach K coaching this year? Yep
All due respect Duke University has a great coach

But Paul Jackson but is and still best for this job. N he is doing the NBA.

So http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-08-04/usa-men-basketball-lithuania-olympics-london/56782062/1

Lets not have this up.again.

Congrats to thw females 10000 meter run
It really wasnt no guess
Ethiopia won it n then Kenya.

The last new York marathon. Someone from one of those two countries won tbe event. But it was a man? MAYBE both.

watches most of that run in Golds Gym. Surprising. From.the colors she had. I was thinking Jamacin.

Hellfire_WZ
4th August 2012, 08:54 PM
That was our most successful day in the Olympics for 104 years, SIX golds! And what a run from Mo Farah to top it all off...

JABBERJAW
4th August 2012, 09:03 PM
An American second! What a great race!

The bb team should be ashamed, pathetic. Get Carmelo to stop shooting every time, and start passing. he is the furthest thing from a winner there is, a complete non team player. For the rest of them, Enough 3s and play some damn defense. Defense alone would solve that nonsense. As you can see, agitation.

Hellfire_WZ
4th August 2012, 09:18 PM
What's even more significant is that Rupp is Farah's training partner ;) Fantastic to see the pair of them get the top two!

stin
4th August 2012, 09:20 PM
Mo Farah was phenomenal, he kept it to himself, stick in and eventually won it.......amazing!

Also, any bike as road race, I love it! and they were awesome! men and women! ;)

stevie:)

MegaGeeza22
4th August 2012, 10:36 PM
It was good today, iv been glued to my tv for most of the day and saw all the gold medal events.
Im so glad that i didn't watch a single mens football game this olympics, its just so embarrassing and depressing to watch lol and when they interrupted the athletics to show the penalty shootout i turned over... i knew we would lose.
I think bolt has his work cut out in the 100m finals, the heats today were very fast.

JABBERJAW
5th August 2012, 12:35 AM
His work ethic seems poor. That seems like the only explanation. No one can touch him when he is in good shape. It seems he thinks he can just show up and dominate, not so.

MegaGeeza22
5th August 2012, 10:40 AM
Yes, his ego has already crossed the finish line and won the gold medal... a year ago lol.
But we shall find out tonight i think, im hoping for someone to beat the record by a whole second, i think its possible.

Colonel
5th August 2012, 11:42 AM
What an amazing night last night, I don't think I've ever enjoyed athletics so much. Mo Farah seems like such a nice guy, and of course Jessica Ennis. I was thrilled for all of our gold medallists, the long jumper Greg Rutherford seemed in absolute shock :)

JABBERJAW
5th August 2012, 02:21 PM
Let's go Murray, keep it together!

Dark_Phantom_89
5th August 2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, his ego has already crossed the finish line and won the gold medal... a year ago lol.
But we shall find out tonight i think, im hoping for someone to beat the record by a whole second, i think its possible.

Scientists have calculated that the fastest time a man can ever run in the 100m will be 9.20 seconds. That's as much as the human body can handle without the aid of artificial stimlulants they say.

A fantastic day for Team GB yesterday! :g We pretty much own at Cycling, nobody can beat us in that. The home crowd is really helping us - just look at how great our athletes are performing!

JABBERJAW
5th August 2012, 02:46 PM
It's worry time now for Murray! He needs to not give Federer any breathing room. Up 2-0

Scientist revise their calculations as their theories on athletics are proved incorrect :). This one should be safe until after they have passed away though

Awesome, straight sets! He's the only active player to beat Federer in straight sets. That was incredible

MegaGeeza22
5th August 2012, 05:32 PM
I cant believe how poor jimmy carr (federer) played against murray... he was shocking, iv never seen him play so bad!
But i wanted murray to win a gold for us so im happy and i hope he can get us another gold in the mixed doubles!
Also im starting to hate the G.B chant... it makes me cringe lol.

Medusa
5th August 2012, 08:17 PM
I finally got to sit and watch more than five minutes of the Olympics...got to see some 100m men's heats, which reminded me of what's wrong with top level sports (Gatlin, caught doping multiple times but since he outlasted his slap on the wrist he's still allowed in Olympics. Sick) and also some 3m springboard, Wu Minxia absolutely on form and perfect, wow! Reminded me how awesome the Olympics are, I love diving. A bit cheesed off I didn't see the men's 3m springboard...
Seriously though I hate doping in all sport and it's sick that dopers just get slapped and allowed to continue. RANT over. :/
Also saw Sharapova fighting her best to stay in it against Serena, good try really but how can you compete with those arms?!! Serena could benchpress what, twenty elephants?

JABBERJAW
5th August 2012, 08:18 PM
Murray played great, he never gave Federer a chance to get going

Prediction

Bolt 9.67
Blake 9.76
Gatlin 9.78

JFthebestJan
5th August 2012, 09:41 PM
@jabberjaw: nice prediction ;)

final times:
bolt 9.63
blake 9.75
gatlin 9.79

Colonel
5th August 2012, 09:55 PM
Bloody hell Jabberjaw, that's very impressive :eek

Hellfire_WZ
5th August 2012, 10:28 PM
Al, have you got next week's lottery numbers? :p

JABBERJAW
5th August 2012, 11:01 PM
Not too bad! :). I'll keep those lottery numbers to myself. Bolt ran better than I thought he would.

MegaGeeza22
6th August 2012, 12:36 AM
:| bolt cheated

Hellfire_WZ
6th August 2012, 06:32 PM
YES!! Just got tickets for the athletics tomorrow night!! :D :D

Mikahail
6th August 2012, 06:44 PM
Good job !
A pleasant schedule tomorrow night.

MegaGeeza22
8th August 2012, 05:34 PM
I watched some equestrian today and i was sickened... this man did a perfect run and after he finished he was so happy! so he raised his right arm back as far as it could go and he slapped the horse on the neck as hard as he could several times... it was so hard i couldn't believe it! and when he got off, the trainer also repeatedly beat it as hard as she could and the horse started to kick out, it was horrifying, these posh people think the horses enjoy it but its so cruel :( something should be done about it.
If i ever catch someone repeatedly beat a horse as a reward i will beat them and see how they like it, fu***** posh c****. Tapping or patting is fine.
I only saw 1 nationality beat there horse as a reward and the rest just patted or rubbed behind the ear.

http://astoria-rust.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/stop-beating-your-horses-you-rat.html

JABBERJAW
8th August 2012, 09:34 PM
You should watch " ace Ventura 2". You will like how Jim Carey treats the guy who whips his horse, awesome stuff.

ExaltedR3V3NG3
8th August 2012, 10:00 PM
I've just seen via TV the taekwondo finals male & female (because there were 2 spanish fighters there lol)... while the chinese female was a BEAST avoiding kicks, the male counterpart was just the opposite: Joel, the spanish representation in the sport, won a korean who needed a kyongo/sanction to be banned from the combat! It had a lot of tension though, they were being quite aggresive to get as much points as they could.

JABBERJAW
8th August 2012, 10:12 PM
The USA men's basketball team is idiotic, sure they are dominating, but 30 3s a game is asinine when they could just pass around and get layups. Add in a ball hog ( Anthony) who thinks he far better than he is doesn't help. YOU ARE NOT 3 POINT SHOOTERS!! You are slashers, play your damn game. Sure open 3s, but not over 30 of them, so stupid. The coach should be o their ass about this, but probably to worried to hurt their egos. Rant over

JABBERJAW
9th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Another Olympic record wasted by usain bolt. Run through the line! Would have had 19.25 or so. At some point someone will get say 19.28, get the record, but only because bolt coasted. Sorry, track coach agitation here. :)

Oh yeah, how many threes against Australia? 45 or so, awful basketball. I'm hoping for college kids again. Also, shouldn't Lebron James play far more than 20 minutes? Aren't we there to try and win, or not to hurt bench players feelings?

Dark_Phantom_89
9th August 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm so proud of Team GB and how well we're doing this Olympics. I read something quite interesting that I thought I'd share with you.

China has an average of 1 gold per 43 million people
USA has an average of 1 gold per 24 million people
GB has an average of 1 gold per 3 million people.

That is absolutely incredible when you look at it like that.

Although Grenada has an average of 1 gold per 110,000 people, so they win the Olympics. :p

JABBERJAW
9th August 2012, 10:10 PM
The UK is doing incredible! However, the argument is a bit off though, since only 2-3 competitors are allowed for most events, and only one team is allowed in team sports like basketball. However again, based on population we should have Around 5 people as good as the UKs best athlete for an event, 5 as good as the second, ect. So for example, our 3 100 meter sprinters that go to the Olympics should all be as good as the UKs best sprinter. China should be roughly the same ratio to the US.

Is this the most medals the UK has gotten in a summer Olympics?

MegaGeeza22
10th August 2012, 09:58 PM
In the 1908 London olympics Great Britain received 146 trophies... 56 Gold, 51 Silver and 39 bronze, so we are way behind on our personal best lol.
Its all going to be finished in a few days :( I just hope Boris Johnson says something funny/risky at the closing ceremony lol, i think its guaranteed.

JABBERJAW
11th August 2012, 12:23 AM
@ megageeza22

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZXtfQm0mo

Medusa
11th August 2012, 02:45 AM
I have a feeling I'm the only one on this forum who is right and truly pissed at the Olympic women's soccer refereeing.
C'mon you know which game and which call, Cda vs USA, Canada should have won that 3-2. One of the worst calls I've seen was the supposed handling outside the area. Keeper clearly dropped the ball WELL back of the line, at that point I well and truly believed the ref had been bought off and such is a sickening belief to have in the Olympics which is supposed to be such an example. PUKE.
Christine Sinclair's performance was absolutely spectacular. I know how bad Canada's soccer teams are, believe me. That game was spectacular, world class. They should have been in the gold/silver match (no way would they get gold, I'm not delusional here).
Then, I see the bronze medal match, Cda really should have lost that match. I feel terrible for France, they played really well.

:blarg On the bright side I finally got to watch Alexandre Despatie. Cutie :D A brave performance coming off such a horrible accident, it was sad to watch his last Olympics. I remember watching him dive spectacularly in earlier Olympic and commonwealth games. If you don't know who he is:
"Alexandre Despatie won the 10-metre platform event at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur. Guinness thus declared him the youngest male diver to have won a gold medal in an international event."

q_dmc12
11th August 2012, 07:05 AM
Where was all this feist at the tournament ;) :P

Personally I don't give the summer games as much attention as the winter, dunno why..

Colonel
11th August 2012, 04:57 PM
I just hope Boris Johnson says something funny/risky at the closing ceremony lol, i think its guaranteed.

The sight of him dangling from that zip line waving little plastic union jacks will be with me forever. Quite scary that they're talking about him as a successor to Cameron - can you imagine letting him loose on the world as our Prime Minister?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDwxNcURTU

11th August 2012, 06:23 PM
The sight of him dangling from that zip line waving little plastic union jacks will be with me forever.

cue great photo shops :D
http://dangleboris.wordpress.com/

I like Boris Johnson. He looks like he cuts his own hair, and the idea that he has any kind of power over a city makes me laugh. All his staff meetings must dissolve into shenanigans, "well we were discussing renovations to the cities infrastructure, but then we were side tracked by impromptu hide and seek and i got wedged in a office cabinet for 3 hours wibble wobble! "

on a Olympics related note, does Vangelis get royalties everytime Chariots of Fire is played? He must be rolling in it :lol

JABBERJAW
11th August 2012, 07:45 PM
Ugh! Wanted Lagat to win the 5000, bad stumble or he had a great shot at it. That being said, I am disgusted with most of the distance race for the men AND women. Since when has jogging been so prevalent for half the race! The is not biking on the oval people! Gem( forgot rest of name) should have just raced, my god, he ran a 12:47 a few months ago. This is a time NONE of the other racers can do, yet he allowed a slow pace, deserving of a silver instead of gold. where was his coach? Should he tell him to run away with it? Mo farrah, Lagat, and other good sprinters were smart to run like this, but I would rather watch a fast race seeing who has the most guts. The women's 1500 was just as bad. A 4:10 won! This is a time I can do if I'm in good shape, and I certainly wouldn't want to watch myself race on tv :)

stin
11th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Jamaica were friggen awesome in a 4x100 relay and even broke the world record but I`d expected that. lol!

JABBERJAW
11th August 2012, 11:24 PM
That was a good race. USA tied the WR and lost, nothing to hang your heads about. After Bolt said " I am a living legend" before the relay, I was hoping we could shut him up. We need a .2 lead before the last handoff, too bad we didn't have it.

Onto medusa's bad officials, in wrestling our guy was down 3-0 in rd 2, THEN proceeded to score 3 points to tie. The match was stopped, they checked the tapes of our wrestler scoring the points, then the points were awarded to the opposition. A protest ensued, but the officials refused to change the score! They destroyed the guys chance at a gold medal ( not guaranteed ). I don't know if there is an official protest now, but I would have refused to leave the mat, if for nothing else to draw attention to the ( cheating) situation. It reminds me of the boxing match between Roy Jones Jr and a s Korean in Seoul. The guy landed almost no punches, was thoroughly destroyed, and Jones lost. The officials refused to change the medal situation. The officials in this situation should be removed immediately and never allowed near Olympic competition again. There is a difference between a mistake call and clear cut cheating.

MegaGeeza22
12th August 2012, 12:53 AM
@ megageeza22

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZXtfQm0mo

lol, i used to love ace ventura! i might have to watch them again soon.

That boris video is class, I love boris johnson, he is just so funny and down to earth (maybe not so much in that video), i think politicians should chill and get a sense of humor like boris, i remember my favorite radio host James Whale got sacked from his midnight talk/rant show for telling people to vote for boris. I hope he stays as Mayor of London for a long long time.

stin
12th August 2012, 08:58 PM
Closing Ceremony were friggen awesome but One Direction?!!!! WTF!

MegaGeeza22
13th August 2012, 11:37 AM
Its all over :(
14 hours of continuous sport on 4 tv channels every day with no adverts for over 2weeks... and now nothing.
at least masterchef U.S and hells kitchen U.S will be back on lol, but thats no substitute :(
Roll on the paralympics

Oryx Crake
13th August 2012, 01:40 PM
@jabberjaw I know exactly how you feel about the judges in wrestling check this out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKK7q1fakTU) most of the experts even agreed he should've won the gold had he had a chance at it.