PDA

View Full Version : So, how far has your Vita travelled?

amplificated
10th May 2012, 12:46 AM
Got home after a little trip, and looked it up. I tried to do a Near update in most of the cities I visited just to see what this would look like, but I forgot to do that a few times, and a big one was that I forgot to use Near on the Vita I exchanged my old one for in Japan; so I missed a fair sum of mileage.

Yours?

MENGKESHI
10th May 2012, 08:38 AM
Wow! I thought I was doing well with 943 km!

Hellfire_WZ
10th May 2012, 09:00 PM
Mine has travelled... nowhere :P

infoxicated
11th May 2012, 08:25 AM
Woof! That's quite the distance. :)

Mine hasn't clocked up any serious mileage yet, but it'll be going to Indianapolis with me in a couple of weeks, so that'll raise the game somewhat. :D

Nutcase:259
13th May 2012, 01:49 AM
When i read the title of this thread i had visions of people lobbing there vita's in frustration :P :g "its travelled 10ft across the living room"

:g

cool that it has that little feature though

mangaroo
13th May 2012, 06:47 AM
Mine also hasn't registered going anywhere..those stats are crazy. Yeah pretty neat little feature, guess it really only works for 3g. I have taken mine about on trains and that but most of the time I use it at home. An impressive portable thing, has beaten out my other consoles and PC for the last few weeks.

vincoof
14th May 2012, 10:42 AM
That feature is as neat as useless, thus a must-have for every mobile device !

I'm glad Sony took the time to make this happen, that's pretty cool considering it's not the kind of thing that sells more Vita's yet they did it.

mangaroo
15th May 2012, 12:48 PM
Rofl. What I actually would like is time played statistic like steam has....trying to estimate wipeout 2048's playtime by laps!

I imagine it is actually quite smart if it manages to encourage some people to use their vitas in public.

infoxicated
15th May 2012, 01:58 PM
That feature is as neat as useless, thus a must-have for every mobile device !
It's not entirely useless, as you can share stuff on Near with people who are... well, near you or on your friends list.

On Unit 13 there are special missions called High Value Targets. The second HVT mission's game design is a bit broken and it's really difficult to get by it to the third one. But if you've completed HVT 3, you can "share the intel" for it on Near and this will allow people who see it on Near to pick up the intel and skip to HVT 3 instead of being stuck at HVT 2. I picked up the intel for HVT 3 on Near originally, so now I'll play HVT 3 myself every so often and make sure I share the intel for others who are new to the game.

So that part of it is pretty cool.

With WipEout 2048 being so popular there are a lot of ghost laps and challenges shared on Near for that - my Near timeline is always busy with them. Just wish you could turn off Near updates for games you no longer have or aren't interested in.

vincoof
16th May 2012, 10:37 AM
Sure I get the point of using Near for games, but afaik the travel distance is not used by Near for e.g. finding mates, is it ?

DJ Techno
17th May 2012, 08:50 PM
taking mines to the Magic The Gathering Grand Prix pro tour in nashiville, TN
country musicvill USA.

grand pro tour in greenville, sc and got two more trips taking my vita with me for some more trips.
Elgin, SC and Atlanta, GA

anywhere there is a tournament that can give me a money prize of a thousand dollars or more, plus a paid for plane ticket to the Pro tour circuit matches across the world. Is worth it.