PDA

View Full Version : Sony 3d tv price drop

JABBERJAW
19th December 2011, 01:29 AM
Looked at it yesterday, 399$, was really thinking about it, I knew it had a great picture, 240 htz, 3d, cool split screen feature, ect. Went today to look again at some features, and noticed. 299$!! Had to impulse get it. I haven't plugged it in yet, as I need to take out my LG monitor, and give it to CRUDBALL for his new ps3 ( Christmas present) to make room for it

Tomahawk
20th December 2011, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a bargain!

I don't know anything about 3d TV technology so I have to ask: Will you be able to experience the WipEout games in 3d with this TV? I f yes, then I'll definately like to hear about the feeling you get when you do a phantom race at one of the older WipEouts in 3d. :)

JABBERJAW
20th December 2011, 04:47 PM
I don't think you can unfortunately, unless I am missing something. the manual is complete CRAP, so I am not 100% sure. It should, since it was possible with that first Samsung tv a few years ago. Anyway, I have tested it out some, and the picture is fantastic for 2D Just keep lights off behind you for glare. It looked great with my psp connected and upcoverted to 1080 p as well. I tried in 3d mode, looks great, BUT unfortunately wohd runs at a slow framerate. Here is hoping that 2048 gets a ps3 version with the dual screen thing depending on the glasses (and a better framerate than hd splitscreen). Also shouldn't HD have been unconverted to be able to use this tv in split screen already? since it is a sony product. Oh well

FirstDave
20th December 2011, 06:10 PM
Now i stand to be corrected here but i think if you have WO-HD on disc then no but if it is the recent download version then you can :P, maybe :D I think :|

Dave.

JABBERJAW
20th December 2011, 06:24 PM
Update maybe? It wouldn't allow me to select 2 players

amplificated
21st December 2011, 10:38 AM
HD is 3D capable as is (all versions: disc and download) the only way to have 3D on older wipeouts is by using software that kind of emulates a 3D effect like TriDef (ATI only) on a computer and then using an emulator. Not even sure if TriDef is capable of working on any 3D display or if it requires specific ones.

I haven't checked HD's 3D out, but IIRC you have to fiddle with the PS3's display options to enable it, but don't quote me on that.

blackwiggle
9th January 2012, 09:25 AM
The same sort of price drops are happening in Australia as well.
The main reason for this is that you will find a sudden influx of cheap lower priced Chinese TV's start appearing in competition.
It's happening big time here over the last 3 months.
Sure they are no match quality wise as the big guns, but a sale lost to the Chinese is one more Sony/Samsung etc TV that they need to clear stock of.

Plus you have CES 2012 starting Jan 9th, expect all manufacturers to announce new models, so what will become the old models are getting sold off now just to get the needed warehouse space.