PDA

View Full Version : Roxio GameCap advice needed

FirstDave
20th October 2011, 06:17 PM
Hi all.After the demise of my laptop i cannot get close to my tv with my desktop pc.The problem now is i need either a 4 metre usb lead or longer composite leads to connect up my Roxio game capture module to my computer and tv.I know shorter the better when it comes to cables for this sort of thing but which would be the lesser evil to extend USB or component ?

Dave.:)

Darkdrium777
20th October 2011, 07:50 PM
At that distance it doesn't matter. Go with whatever is more convenient for you to use.

<is using 60 meters of ethernet, no signal loss or speed loss.

FirstDave
21st October 2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks.USB then as its much cheaper.cheers.;)

Darkdrium777
21st October 2011, 04:35 PM
Well okay I should have searched. Apparently USB is designed in a way that makes cables more than five meters impossible.
But analog video and audio should be no problem.

FirstDave
21st October 2011, 04:51 PM
Damn :rolleyes:i might have known it would be the more costly option but i dont want to compromise the quality if possible.Right then i had better get pricing up some not too cheap composite cables.Off to Amazon then maplin site it is then.Thanks mate.:)

terra-wrists
16th August 2012, 12:35 PM
what the best setting for roxio?

my video not show very nice :( i use ntsc_m. also not know the other setting for colour to make good. :(

somebody can help me?

LJtheZombie
16th August 2012, 07:19 PM
I use one of these myself, and unless I'm mistaken (I'll admit I've not actually tried it), composite cables won't work - you'll need a component lead.

terra-wrists: I use NTSC-M too and it works ok for me, let me know if you find something that works better!

terra-wrists
17th August 2012, 09:24 AM
NTSC-M also work for me. yes i have component cable i order from the roxio website :)

My colour wrong. I try to make "saturation" more it help little bit. I also make the sharp more but look rubbish. I also make something else change and look better but I forget it :blarg

I see my setting tomorrow and show you. Sorry for this post.