PDA

View Full Version : OnLive

MENGKESHI
10th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Anyone on it? I signed up a few days ago and am totally blown away - just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution for £1 unlimitled play!! :D

UB3R~JKP
10th October 2011, 09:40 PM
Tried it and it's not bad. Nothing special but I like the concept. :)

MENGKESHI
10th October 2011, 10:36 PM
Fair enough, for me this is the best technological advance in gaming I've seen in a long time. It's amazing to have a nice little window on my 2nd monitor that is running a game at high graphics while I have several other software on the go and knowing there is no way it is going to crash my computer due to GPU high temp / driver issues etc. Never thought this would work but it does, I'm absolutely gobsmacked and loving it!!! :D

mdhay
10th October 2011, 10:49 PM
Game streaming is a bad idea, as far as I'm concerned.

This, Sony's PSN-games-and-your-PS3's-OS-no-longer-belong-to-you policy and Origin looking at irrelevant parts of your HDD show that the industry is going to ****. The game doesn't belong to you permanently; where's the safety in knowing that you can play your game at any point, without an internet connection, as long as you have the disc in front of you? This is what they want, guys. Control.

MENGKESHI
10th October 2011, 11:46 PM
I know what you mean and used to think exactly the same way. But then I realised that actually I was just collecting loads of old games that I'm never really going to play again as I don't even have enough time to play the new ones. I've still got all my old systems and games since NES + VHS, DVD CDs etc.. I can't sell them because they're not worth anything anymore and I don't want to throw them away so now they just take up space - maybe will give them all to a charity shop someday if they will even accept them lol or keep them to show my grandkids haha But now I actually don't want to own any of this stuff as, apart from online competition, I'm never going to run through a game more than once or perhaps at most twice! Even if I wanted to play an old game, there is probably some way to do it through an emulator!

Also, hopefully it will be good for competitive gaming in the long run as people won't be able to install cheatware on their systems so should be a more even playing field!

As for privacy, I gave up on that a long time ago. Order a pizza with a bank card these days and your address will end up online. :S

For me OnLive + LoveFilm + Spotify is the start of the future! :hyper

mdhay
11th October 2011, 08:54 AM
Then the future of this industry is crap, this is what they want; we own the companies, but they're making it the other way around.