PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irene 2011

MetaKraken
22nd August 2011, 02:07 AM
Well guys, looks like it's gonna be yet another tropical storm season this year. Here's the link: http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/article/tropical-depression-nine-storm-hurricane-irene_2011-08-20

The countries that are going to be affected by the hurricane are; Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cuba, and Florida. And unfourtunately, I'm about to be involved in a tropical storm, which means PR would be hit first, with me and my parents (as well as other relatives) in it. I just hope the hurricane doesn't cause much damage from where I live. :(

RedScar
22nd August 2011, 02:44 AM
Stay safe

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2011, 03:27 AM
I agree. Be careful and prepare yourself in advance. Buy bottled water, food and medical supplies as well as a manually chargeable radio and any other essentials if you have not and the storm turns out to be a heavy hitter.

Good luck to all affected.

MetaKraken
22nd August 2011, 10:53 PM
Just came back from enduring the tropical storm. Me, my parents, and my relatives are all right, and despite the damages, everyone else are still alive. :)

Colonel
23rd August 2011, 07:42 AM
Glad you're all okay dude :)

Medusa
26th August 2011, 04:15 AM
plus 1 to the above post.

trackripper
27th August 2011, 01:08 AM
You know what? I picked the wrong time to come to New York on holiday... Irene is due to hit us on Sunday. :/

JABBERJAW
27th August 2011, 02:09 AM
You could come north to Vermont and play some wipeout

Frailavi
27th August 2011, 07:12 AM
Eh, I live in Florida so I've just learned to deal with them (By cutting down / trimming every tree near my room ^-^).

This one is just nasty because of how much area it covers and how slow moving it is. If it would just move faster then the trees wouldn't uproot and fall over from all the rain.

greenymac
27th August 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah, by florida standards this storm isnt very strong, but if it stalls out over a certain area it can drop substantial amounts of water in a short time. The danger isnt the intensity of this storm its the amount of rain hitting low lying areas. I remember riding out a couple canes and tropical storms in FL. The power was our for a week or longer as well as the water...Everyone was always on the hunt for ice. And party at my house because we had a generator.:rock

WolfKill01
27th August 2011, 01:55 PM
Tropical storms are some bad mojo. It's affecting the weather up here in north Tennessee. Good luck, stay safe. :+

JABBERJAW
1st September 2011, 11:22 PM
Where I live Essex jct, is was just a lot of rain, but elsewhere in Vermont, even 10 miles away some rives Rose 15 feet!, taking out houses bridges, ect, causing extreme damage. The mountains in Vermont cause rivers to go certain areas all at the same time, resulting in nasty conditions when this sort of thing happens. Some schools are still closed, and the last cut off town just got to the point where they could actually leave.