PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Pages : [1] 2

MetaKraken
19th August 2011, 03:05 AM
As the title says, the cartoon show's about types of Friendship (hence the name of the show), starring Twilight Sparkle, the purple unicorn pony and the protagonist of the series, along with Spike, a small dragon and Twilight's assistant. Plus, she's also Princess Celestia's pupil. There are other characters in the series such as Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy.

The animation is very smooth and the voice acting is pretty good, as well as the plot and telling stuff that's related to friendship. Even though the show was intended for younger females, guys also watch this show (and yes, I'm one of them), referred to as bronies. The series itself is still continuing, as the second season is in progress. You can find the show on YouTube if you haven't watched it yet (unless you already did).

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 05:11 AM
*inhales* yay

A thread for it.

Dan Locke
19th August 2011, 06:28 AM
Why is this show literally everywhere on the Internet?

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 07:17 AM
A lot, and I mean a LOT of people really like it, for many different reasons.
For me, I think it's cute, funny, well written and with a cast of solid well rounded characters.
Also the community keeps churning out high quality fan content at an alarming rate. I'm not ashamed to say that I often listen to great remixes and original compositions based on or inspired by the show.

The reason it's all over the place is because this was not something expected to be passable, let alone good like it is. Some blogger with an over inflated ego heard about the show and declared some type of apocalypse in cartoon show making. 4chan caught wind of his blabbering and decided to watch the show, at first ironically. They immediately got hooked on it, because it was actually good. They started creating new image macros from the very expressive animation style to post on the imageboards.
Word of mouth on the internet did the rest, and popularity grew exponentially as a result. Dare I say it was only a matter of time before it reached here...

You should watch a couple of episodes, give it a shot. But of course it's not for everyone still and if you've already tried I don't blame you.

Oh I should mention the creator's name here. Lauren Faust, of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff Girls. Wife of Craig McCracken, known for Dexter's Laboratory. Also I believe a lot of the staff have worked on other famous and loved cartoons like Ren and Stimpy. Finally you may know voice actors such as Tara Strong, who is in literally every cartoon show ever made. There's really good and talented people behind this show.

Colonel
19th August 2011, 07:56 AM
Is this a wind up?

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 08:22 AM
If that expression means what I think it does, then no. Definitely not.
This is genuine truth.

Most recent stuff explaining this whole thing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw)

Challenger #001
19th August 2011, 08:51 AM
I first saw this on various imageboards due to the great animation making screenshots good for 'reaction faces' and the like. Didn't get the whole idea of it at first, but got convinced to watch an episode or two. Five episodes after saying 'I'll just see what the first one is like', I began to realise I was quite enjoying it. xD

It reminds me kinda of a 90s cartoon style - anvils getting dropped on peoples' heads, doors slamming into people etc. It's like a flashback to what passed for my childhood. :P Doesn't help that the characters are all very well voiced, the music is excellent and the jokes and references are cunning.

That's my take on it anyway.

Dark_Phantom_89
19th August 2011, 09:37 AM
Surprisingly, a lot of shows aimed at a younger audience actually have a really deep meaning. I've found myself sitting through many shows like this just because I could really relate to what was being said.

UB3R~JKP
19th August 2011, 10:13 AM
Oh thank god! Someone made a thread. :o
I intially watched an episode so I could make fun of the 4channers who watched it, and well, the rest is history. :lol

Yeah, i'm a Brony and an avid one at that. ;)

MegaGeeza22
19th August 2011, 11:16 AM
"Rocko's Modern Life" & "Ren & Stimpy" beat My Little Pony hands down....
My Little Pony :lol

UB3R~JKP
19th August 2011, 11:29 AM
Don't judge till you've watched. ;)

Colonel
19th August 2011, 12:25 PM
UB3R - If it's all the same with you, I will.

What the f***? :lol

gordo1974
19th August 2011, 12:50 PM
UB3R - If it's all the same with you, I will.

What the f***? :lol

PSML
LOL
LMFAO
ROTFL

very funny post!

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 01:41 PM
"Ren & Stimpy"I knew I had messed that one up. A lot of the animators and staff are from Ren and Stimpy, not Ed Edd and Eddy.
A character (Pinkie Pie) even has a mental breakdown in episode 25 that is a reference to Ren and Stimpy.

Yes, the ponies experience mental breakdowns. All of them.

If that doesn't blow the stereotypical MLP show out of your mind I have no example that will.

UB3R~JKP
19th August 2011, 01:48 PM
Colonel - :lol I can understand why you might do that, after all, I wanted to ridicule this programme and those watching it. But then I found out that it includes writers from Dexter's Lab, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (still the greatest cartoon in existence to me and the Powerpuff girls. All of these are great shows, for adults and children alike. The show has the charm these ones did, and to be honest I cringe whenever I am reminded this is my little pony were talking about, the fact is though it's easy to block this out based on the sheer quality the show has.

Adding to last years cast they have also hired 2 'Family Guy' animators, seems like there is a few fans in the industry*.

*few being a massive understatement of course, in the States 'Bronyism' is making the headlines and all sorts. :lol

Darkdrium777
20th August 2011, 12:35 AM
in the States 'Bronyism' is making the headlines and all sorts.Yeah. Fox News said we're better than terrorists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi27530dDCc). Yay bronies :D

MegaGeeza22
20th August 2011, 06:23 AM
I just watched the 1st episode :redface:
Its not really what i was expecting after all the hype from fully grown men across the internet, its ok the animation and voice's are very good but i didnt really see anything different to other modern day cartoons, i guess people dont give them the chance.
Im not really into cartoons or anime, if a friend caught me watching my little pony i would never live it down lol... so i wont be watching anymore.
I suppose a cartoon cant hurt anyone and it could teach you something!

Darkdrium777
20th August 2011, 06:51 AM
There is a certain wisdom that this community has adopted, adequately represented in these two quotes:

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”
— Dr. Seuss

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
— C.S. Lewis

In short, learn to not give a crap about what others think. A true friend won't mind you watching a cartoon show about anything.

I can tell you it's a good confidence booster once you get past that feeling.

MegaGeeza22
20th August 2011, 07:36 AM
I understand your point Darkdrium777, but like i said, im not a fan of cartoons and if i got caught watching one about ponys i would get laughed at for something that i dont really like, but if i enjoyed them i wouldn't care what people think.
I do like to read Goosebumps, which is a childrens book and i have a huge collection and im not ashamed of that because its something i like, whereas cartoons are not.
Nobody should feel embarrassed or ashamed of the things they like.

MetaKraken
20th August 2011, 12:17 PM
Haha, don't worry, MegaGeeza, you're not the only one. I myself thought that I can't watch MLP because if I was caught watching it, I would be pointed at and laughed at, but in the end, I got used to watching it. :P

UB3R~JKP
20th August 2011, 12:23 PM
Pony General Discussion thread then?

For me, I think the best introductory episode is not the pilot episodes, That's what I watched first and although I liked it, Ticket Master (in my opinion) is fantastic. But, hands down 'Sonic Rainboom' is the best for new adapters.

Darkdrium777
20th August 2011, 03:53 PM
Party of One.

I used to think differently a few days ago, but after re-watching episodes which I thought were a good fit and this one, I've got to say Party of One never stops the crescendo until Pinkie Pie's thing. That's guaranteed to keep people watching I think. The antics are quite unpredictable too, and I think you can laugh at about each minute in that episode since there's so much of them going on.

So yeah, definitely Party of One even though it introduces no characters at all. Structurally it's the best out of all except for the pilot episodes which are also good.

And here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EPEBW9IcU) for those interested :p (Never miss an occasion xD)

Challenger #001
20th August 2011, 04:26 PM
I dunno. If I was going to introduce someone to it and they were put off by the frou-frou girliness, I'd suggest either 'Applebuck Season' or 'Fall Weather Friends' due to the high percentage of tomboy in them.

UB3R~JKP
20th August 2011, 08:44 PM
Fall Weather Friends, forgot about that! :o

Party of One seems a bit too psycho to me... (For introduction)

MetaKraken
20th August 2011, 10:11 PM
Lol I watched Party of One! Pinkie Pie creeps me out sometimes when her mane and tail from poofy to straight. :eek

Medusa
21st August 2011, 06:19 PM
How many seasons has this been on for, guys? I never heard a thing about it except briefly here. Sounds interesting. I'm always on the lookout for shows that actually have some sort of teaching involved, whether it be overt or subliminal.

UB3R~JKP
21st August 2011, 06:33 PM
1 series! :D The next series starts in a few months. It's a quality show for that type of meaning that you like, that's for sure.

Medusa
21st August 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out for sure. :+ I don't know if it'll ever get a place alongside my 1983 Astro Boy, but...we'll see!

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2011, 02:03 AM
Ohmagash season 2!!! (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/rumor-season-two-potentially-next-month.html)

I'm so excited! :D

I'm excited about My Little Pony. You'd have told me that I would be in January of this year and I'd have called the asylum people on you.
Now look where I am. I love it :g

Medusa: All episodes (http://www.youtube.com/user/FAQMetaOmega#g/c/A1CE788FE4AE0E13) (In order of airing from left to right top to bottom.)

UB3R~JKP
22nd August 2011, 09:53 AM
:lol Same here DD777! Season 2 shall be great, there had better be more Trixie or else I will cry a thousand tears.

Autechom
22nd August 2011, 11:02 AM
I bought two ponies when I was..younger : )
While paying I said to the saleswoman I would buy it for my girl cousin O_o
Oh, Baby Buntstift..those were the days. I even got up at 6 in the morning to watch the series. And I don´t feel ashemd about it. And I have Hello Kitty house shoes. And I like it!!! Ha!!!

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2011, 03:11 PM
I browse the pink aisle just to see if they have a one inch Fluttershy (http://i.imgur.com/mqCJu.jpg) now. AND THEY STILL DON'T!

ALL MY RAGE!

UB3R~JKP
22nd August 2011, 03:15 PM
That is the most horrifying Fluttershy model I've ever seen....DAMMIT HASBRO!
http://www.strawberryreef.com/images/Ponies/P/PrincessCelestiaFIMgift_300_L_hasbro.jpg

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2011, 03:21 PM
Meh. Still more accurate than the larger toys IMO. The body build is better, it's just the hair model. For that I have a good imagination. Also I don't care for real hair stuff.

Rainbow Dash needs some company on top of my monitor. :|

UB3R~JKP
22nd August 2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I don't have any pony toys at the moment. I do, however, have a AppleJack cap! :rock Its yellow , with the cutie-mark on the far right side, looks pretty awesome.

Darkdrium777
24th August 2011, 04:49 AM
Lol.

Stargate Equestria. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDx41jXEBYs)
Some people said it was happening in their mind. I made it a reality.
I have cursed myself in the process xD

UB3R~JKP
24th August 2011, 10:13 AM
:lol I love this fanbase.

Season 2 in 24 days! Can't. wait.

Medusa
24th August 2011, 06:22 PM
I have the original My Little Pony plush doll from the 1980's. Beat that bronies. :twisted I'll see if I can remember to snap a pic of it for you all.
So which pony would you be if you were, you know, a girl and a cartoon pony?

(new addict alert...such a funny show! It's just awesome! Thanks to you all for bringing it to my attention.)

UB3R~JKP
24th August 2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the herd Medusa! ;)

I would be Pinkie Pie, I just have too much energy and i'm completely random around my friends. :lol

trackripper
24th August 2011, 06:34 PM
Oh you've got to be kidding me...

Right?

Darkdrium777
24th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Right?Nope.

Also I'm Fluttershy to people I don't know. I'm Pinkie Pie a bit with people I know.

Medusa
24th August 2011, 10:08 PM
Oh you've got to be kidding me...
Nope. And I bet you didn't know you were quoting Twilight Sparkle right there, did you?
One of the things I love is that the show is making fun of itself at times. In the first episode almost everything Twilight Sparkle says seems to be just what the viewer (at least this viewer) is thinking. That and the wacky witty puns and jokes sucked me right in.

I think I'm mostly Applejack with a bit of Pinkie Pie from time to time.

Challenger #001
24th August 2011, 10:11 PM
All the little throwbacks to old-style shows is really nice as well. I literally leapt out of my seat when I realised they'd used Yakety Sax for the chases. Yakety Sax! It's what Scooby Doo always needed but never had...

UB3R says I'm Pinkie or Braeburn because I organise all the Avalon 'Parties' for this community with enthusiasm, but part of me thinks I'm Rarity due to my OCD. But stick a good strawberry tart or brownie in front of me and I become Soarin' in ten seconds flat.

UB3R~JKP
24th August 2011, 10:12 PM
Oh btw, Medusa....go here for all your Pony news needs. ;)

www.equestriadaily.com

I go there for news on new episodes etc. It's standard issue for even a casual pony fan like me. :D

Chal thinks I'm Scootaloo \(^_^)

Darkdrium777
26th August 2011, 02:44 AM
Fox News said we're better than terrorists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi27530dDCc)Quoting myself. The guy in there. Yeah. Well he's quite awesome really.

Check it out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjUKwoHUyw)
Yeah it's off-topic but still.

Darkdrium777
16th September 2011, 03:40 AM
Okay so this is a really interesting interview of Lauren Faust. Not because ponies, but because she says a lot about what goes on behind the scenes, especially in the beginning.

For example, it takes a whole year to make a 22 minutes episode from start to finish, and apparently that's on a twice as fast schedule than what she was used to.

You can read the interview here (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/exclusive-season-1-retrospective.html).

=====

And now, the first episode of season 2 will air this Saturday September 17th at 9:00AM GMT-5.
John de Lancie from Star Trek fame is starring in that episode.

If you are interested, tune in to BronyState (http://bronystate.net/). I believe they have a livestream of the HUB planned.

Also tomorrow (Friday) there will be a showing of Blade Runner (If you haven't seen it by God what are you doing with your life?) among other things.

UB3R~JKP
16th September 2011, 09:50 AM
Wow, I read that interview last night. Superb read. :+

I really do like the fact they (production crew) don't want to cater to the bronies in the show, if they done that it would be ruined forever. Small things like Derpys eyes are better than a whole episode dedicated to her.

Also, the less we see of Luna the better, most of her fans will just Baaaw and Daaaw when she doesn't turn out to be a hopeless mare who needs loved and ends up being a strong stellar character.

Anyways, just a major thank you to Faust for everything. :D

Can't wait for Season 2.

Darkdrium777
16th September 2011, 10:59 AM
I like the whole mythology behind the character, but after a year I too hope Luna has picked herself up and won't be only Celestia's helpless little sister.

MENGKESHI
16th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Hahaaaaa! This has gotta be a wipeoutzone in-house joke right? RIGHT??? Would be a good one if it is, hats off to yas! :clap

Challenger #001
16th September 2011, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing awesome Luna. :P You seem to have a rather low opinion of us, Uber.

UB3R~JKP
16th September 2011, 01:03 PM
How so? I'm just stating the obvious that Luna won't be the way everyone thinks she's going to be.
If she gets an appearance. Its implied that she has lived for hundreds of years, she shouldn't be an emotional wreck for getting stuck in the moon. I mean, she has been in control of the thing for plenty of time before that.

I think Dark gets what i'm saying.

Challenger #001
16th September 2011, 03:03 PM
I guess we just need to wait and see. :) And for the record, there's as many different interpretations of Luna as she has her fans. I've not seen too many sad Luna stories myself. I like the ones where she's mischievous or vengeful, but honestly I don't mind what she gets. I don't get myself involved in fan rage.

(Meanwhile, on another thread)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN QIREX ISN'T THE BEST WIPEOUT TEAM? OMG THIS SITE SUX IM LEAVING NOW.

:P

Darkdrium777
16th September 2011, 03:45 PM
Hahaaaaa! This has gotta be a wipeoutzone in-house joke right? RIGHT???Yep. It's all a joke.
On Equestria Daily I roleplay as Cereal Velocity, Challenger is Sethisto, Uber is Phoe (just because we need someone to be) and Meta is Terakamity. We also have about 75 Google accounts each with which to post comments on the blog, and an autorefresh bot to increase our pageviews beyond 40 million.
We also have 25 YouTube accounts each on which we upload music remixes, YouTube poops, amvs, and full lenght episodes.
Finally we also started a private imageboard where nobody but us posted hundreds of threads accross a dozen boards. It's called Ponychan if you ever want to gauge how much time we waste on there.
We also did so much other stuff that it's hard to keep track of it at this point so sorry if I don't go in all the details.

PS: No it's not a joke. At all. Read the thread please.

Challenger #001
16th September 2011, 04:44 PM
How come I'm Sethisto? Do I come across as a Trixie fanatic? :P

UB3R~JKP
16th September 2011, 07:49 PM
I don't get myself involved in fan rage.

I hope you ain't implying I do. I'm just saying my thoughts.:+

MENGKESHI
16th September 2011, 09:53 PM
PS: No it's not a joke. At all. Read the thread please.

I read the thread but couldn't believe it! Ah well, horses for courses eh! :D

mdhay
16th September 2011, 10:03 PM
This makes no sense.

UB3R~JKP
16th September 2011, 10:32 PM
How not? It's a fantastic piece of programming broadcast.

Darkdrium777
17th September 2011, 03:34 AM
How come I'm Sethisto? Do I come across as a Trixie fanatic? :PQirex, Trixie, they both have harsh consonants. Sounds logical to me.

(Actually these pairings were done totally at random, I just didn't want to be Seth to look presumptuous in any way)

Okay, tomorrow is the big day. The day Q teleports to Equestria and starts trolling ponies instead of StarFleet captains.

Challenger #001
17th September 2011, 07:55 AM
The Great and Powerful Qirex.

That's it, that's my screennname on a forum. Somewhere.

mdhay
17th September 2011, 09:23 AM
How not? It's a fantastic piece of programming broadcast.

I guess it's just something I can't relate to, really.

UB3R~JKP
17th September 2011, 10:21 AM
New episode today then, won't be watching it live as I've got plans today but I shall look forward to watching it later on Youtube. Here's hoping it's not god-awful quality. :lol

Darkdrium777
17th September 2011, 01:44 PM
Oh Celestia.

It is incredibly fast paced as they only have 22 minutes to work with.

But holy crap. There is Celestia Tier. But then there is Discord Tier. This is Discord Tier. God damn creepy. And funny. But creepy. Then funny again. Then creepy. Then it ends.

hornknighting.gif

UB3R~JKP
17th September 2011, 08:24 PM
That was incredible. holy ****, that was golden.

MetaKraken
17th September 2011, 10:24 PM
I watched the new episode of MLP on YouTube, and I loved it. I was even shocked about Discord by making Twilight and her friends go into their darker emotions and turn against each other. :o

Darkdrium777
17th September 2011, 11:43 PM
1080p at last (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBVNkDl_EQ). 8:15-8:20 is just, wow. I bet that shot is there just for the "Look what we can do" factor.

nismology
22nd September 2011, 02:04 AM
Damn it guys, 3 days ago i saw this thread and I was like WTF? This has to be a wind up!

Now I've seen every episode. :eek

Darkdrium777
22nd September 2011, 04:42 AM
You wound up watching the show! :g

Same story for me back in February except I had no preconceived ideas. I just loaded up EP1, then 2. And that was it.

UB3R~JKP
22nd September 2011, 08:50 AM
Same in March for me, "ahaha ponies how GAY!" --3 episodes later-- "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG"

nismology
22nd September 2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, the first one I watched was 'Sonic Rainboom', I must have enjoyed it, as I watched two more episodes after it. The whole way through, the man in me was screaming out in agony. The following evening, I felt that I couldn't wait to see another episode. The following evening was the same.

Embarrassment: down 50%
Coolness: up 20%
Awesomeness: 100%

Heres me trying to explain why it's good:
It's brilliantly animated with top notch voice acting, the action parts are fast paced and exciting especially in 'fall weather friends' and 'sonic rainboom', the comedy is genuinely funny (the episode where Fluttershy gets the morgan freeman voice had me rolling around in laughter!), the character design is very good - Rainbow Dash is the most badass character I've seen in anything for a long time! Most of all, it's completely clean and innocent, and theres so much sex drugs and violence on TV nowadays that it's great to watch something thats purely an explosion of sheer unadulterated joy, awesomeness and colour.

Darkdrium777
22nd September 2011, 11:58 PM
DisQord is best pony. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YI6wiaOVJo)

Picture Twilight Sparkle as Captain Picard. Then Q... uh I mean Discord as Q.
You are allowed to *squee*

UB3R~JKP
23rd September 2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah, the first one I watched was 'Sonic Rainboom', I must have enjoyed it, as I watched two more episodes after it. The whole way through, the man in me was screaming out in agony. The following evening, I felt that I couldn't wait to see another episode. The following evening was the same.

Embarrassment: down 50%
Coolness: up 20%
Awesomeness: 100%

Heres me trying to explain why it's good:
It's brilliantly animated with top notch voice acting, the action parts are fast paced and exciting especially in 'fall weather friends' and 'sonic rainboom', the comedy is genuinely funny (the episode where Fluttershy gets the morgan freeman voice had me rolling around in laughter!), the character design is very good - Rainbow Dash is the most badass character I've seen in anything for a long time! Most of all, it's completely clean and innocent, and theres so much sex drugs and violence on TV nowadays that it's great to watch something thats purely an explosion of sheer unadulterated joy, awesomeness and colour.

Awesome choice of first few episodes, by treating the man in you to some action you can (slightly) calm down it's screams of: "YOU'RE WATCHING MY LITTLE PONY, MAN! GET SOME GUNS OR MONSTER TRUCKS ON!" I also need to say excellent synopsis, most people just see "My Little Pony" and automatically presume it's crap, if people take time to watch it they usually like it, as shown by...well, bronies themselves.

It doesn't even end at the episodes, the quality of this fandom is actually surreal Some of the stuff I've seen i've literally been in awe. Not into fanfics but from what I hear the stories are pretty good.:hyper

anyways;

WELCOME TO THE HERD, BUD.

nismology
23rd September 2011, 09:57 AM
Awesome choice of first few episodes, by treating the man in you to some action you can (slightly) calm down it's screams of: "YOU'RE WATCHING MY LITTLE PONY, MAN! GET SOME GUNS OR MONSTER TRUCKS ON!" I also need to say excellent synopsis, most people just see "My Little Pony" and automatically presume it's crap, if people take time to watch it they usually like it, as shown by...well, bronies themselves.

It doesn't even end at the episodes, the quality of this fandom is actually surreal Some of the stuff I've seen i've literally been in awe. Not into fanfics but from what I hear the stories are pretty good.:hyper

anyways;

WELCOME TO THE HERD, BUD.
Cheers, can't wait for the next Ep. !

Talking of the fan content, this is far too epic for words: Propane Rainbows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrxU5YXZWo)

Darkdrium777
23rd September 2011, 03:21 PM
Not into fanfics but from what I hear the stories are pretty good.I've only seen Fallout, not played myself. And this has been going on for a long while, the author seems to keep going on forever (Pinkie Pie voice.) At first I was reluctant to get into it because TL;DR.

But this is good. First person narrative.
Fallout Equestria (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html)
I'm reading chapter 6 right now on my lunch break.

Sure it's not the pretty happy pastel ponies of the show, but it's still good story telling and world building. I recommend you give it a shot.

Here are some others I liked:
The Thessalonica Legacy (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/story-thessalonica-legacy.html) (MechWarrior-only heard of that too)
Stargate Equestria (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-stargate-equestria.html)
Off the Edge of the Map (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/07/story-off-edge-of-map.html) (Particularly brilliant fantasy world building and scene in the first chapter)

I'll have to dig up my spreadsheet again and see if I can recommend anything else I read that can appeal to a lot of people (so no sadfics even though some are really good too.) There's some good writers out there for sure.

=====

Okay, who rated this thread one star? That is beyond pathetic. If you don't come clean I'll talk to Rob and inform him that unfortunately some people on this forum still resort to hiding behind anonymity to hate on others. I'm sure he'll be very happy to find out that there are still that kind of people on this forum.

UB3R~JKP
23rd September 2011, 08:03 PM
Probably some insecure manly man :lol Get a grip whoever it was.

MegaGeeza22
23rd September 2011, 08:20 PM
LOL... it was me!
I made my comment and rated the thread? whats the problem with that?
thats what its there for...

UB3R~JKP
23rd September 2011, 08:28 PM
Your comment doesn't seem to imply 1 star, just saying. Of course , it's your choice. :)

infoxicated
23rd September 2011, 08:28 PM
Okay, who rated this thread one star? That is beyond pathetic. If you don't come clean I'll talk to Rob and inform him that unfortunately some people on this forum still resort to hiding behind anonymity to hate on others. I'm sure he'll be very happy to find out that there are still that kind of people on this forum.
Yes, it does fall into the "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" category, but you're essentially saying that your freedom to post what you want on the forum outweighs someone else's freedom to down vote something they're not interested in.

Like it or not, the rating system is there for folk to use as they see fit. I don't see why someone voting on a thread should change your enjoyment of whatever you're discussing. I mean, if the guy a had voted it 5 stars would that have validated your passion for the subject?

Darkdrium777
24th September 2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah you are right and on any other subject I'd agree with you 110%.
Unfortunately us fans are often met with abrasive responses (trolls if you prefer) on sites not made solely for this discussion. I thougt it was such an occasion and over-reacted as the rating came later than the person's post, or I noticed it later.
I assumed for the worst instead of hoping for the best and that was wrong.
Of course MegaGeeza is entitled to his opinion as he has expressed it. I'm sorry for this unecessary drama. I promise it won't happen again.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

MegaGeeza22
24th September 2011, 08:01 AM
I understand why you got a bit annoyed Darkdrium777, and yes the rating did come a lot later than my original post.
I did actually write a trollish comment as you say but i realised that i shouldn't because it would probably cause an argument and so i cancelled posting the comment and i just rated it 1 star, knowing that others would rate it higher.

UB3R~JKP
24th September 2011, 10:06 AM
New episode today! Boo-yah. What a day, F1 Qualifying, Ice Hockey and then some Ponies to finish off! :D

Darkdrium777
24th September 2011, 01:54 PM
Dat Star Wars ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4wh4FnwiAg).
Flutterbitch is best discorded pony, followed by Big Macintosh.

Kinda sad that we won't get to see more Q though...

RedScar
24th September 2011, 07:00 PM
Screw it, I'm tired at laughing at the meme's while not watching the show. Tonight, SEASON 1 watch through.

Darkdrium777
24th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Season 1 (http://www.youtube.com/FAQMetaOmega#g/c/A1CE788FE4AE0E13)
Season 2 (http://www.youtube.com/FAQMetaOmega#g/c/6577CDF7726A534A)

Have fun ^^

Also Pony Cantina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwe0daWswqc).

UB3R~JKP
24th September 2011, 09:56 PM
DAT. 2ND. PARTER.

Seriously, That was awesome! :D :D :D I couldn't be happier.

nismology
24th September 2011, 10:36 PM
Best, episode, EVAR

UB3R~JKP
25th September 2011, 11:53 AM
By that same token, he's adamant about not changing the show to suit "our" tastes; he firmly believes that if the show exactly as it is is what we fell in love with, then by God they're going to keep making that show. (Whenever some fan in the audience would ask some dumb question about "hey are you gonna put some OCs of high-profile fandom contributors in the background?", the rest of the crowd would shout him down or cheer when Jayson said no.)

^ Glad i'm hearing this.

Keep up the great work guys! :D Hope the break before the next episode isn't TOO long.

Darkdrium777
25th September 2011, 04:15 PM
William Anderson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIZ7No5iOM). This man deserves so much praise.

UB3R~JKP
25th September 2011, 05:24 PM
Yay! Somepony got the music! I was annoyed when the hub decided "LOL ADVERTS". :lol

Darkdrium777
26th September 2011, 12:45 AM
Tell me about it. The few bits of Teletoon that I remember don't seem that bad in hindsight (Though there were still loads of ads back when I was younger, so who knows.)
I'm glad for once that some web downloads are available (Even if it's iTunes and limited to the USA) so that we can enjoy special stuff they throw in after the curtain has set.
I'd be pretty pissed if I was William Anderson and I'd just written that amazing ending song only to have it covered with "THIS WEEK ON MAJORS AND MINORS [...]"
I do wish for a blu-Ray release. 1080p no logos with HD audio. Please. I'd buy it in ten seconds flat.

EDIT: Oh hey I just noticed this (http://imgur.com/a/2szJu#hco7p). Celestia got back at Spike for inundating her with copies of the same scroll.

UB3R~JKP
26th September 2011, 09:47 AM
haha, well spotted! :lol

nismology
26th September 2011, 08:24 PM
Any word on when the next episode is on? I read somewhere there isn't one this week :|

UB3R~JKP
26th September 2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, there's gonna be a bit of a hiatus toward the next episode...there is a rumored 4 week gap. :(

nismology
26th September 2011, 09:56 PM
4 weeks? I thought they had the first 7 episodes done and ready for airing? Whoever's responsable for the delay is likely to find a queue of displeased bronys outside their house if the wait gets too long!

Confound these ponys, can't wait 4 weeks! :lol

Darkdrium777
26th September 2011, 10:50 PM
There was about a 2 weeks break between E1 and E2 for S1. I expect the same kind of delay here.

UB3R~JKP
27th September 2011, 05:08 PM
I hope you're right DD :+

Darkdrium777
27th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Three weeks. The next episode airs October 15 (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/episode-3-to-air-on-october-15th.html).

UB3R~JKP
27th September 2011, 07:35 PM
Gah....... :( WHYWHYWHYWHY. Seriously, that is an absolute gutter!

MetaKraken
27th September 2011, 10:28 PM
^We have no other choice but to wait it out, so... yeah. :?

Darkdrium777
27th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Start reading fan fiction. ;)

I finished reading Fallout Equestria (Well up to where it is stopped.) I never played Fallout but I really enjoyed it. Great characters, pace, depth and etc. Mature content advisory: sex, drug and violence though. But it's not in your face with it, which is why it's great.

Of course there's the bunch of others I posted too. Those are more "happy".

My favorite one with characters of the show is Off the Edge of the Map. My favorite one with OCs is Fallout by far, but I don't read much with OCs 'cause they generally are terrible.

Here's some other good ones:

Through the Eyes of Another Pony (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/story-through-eyes-of-another-pony.html)
The first few chapters are fun but I'm not too sure about the turn it takes with the most recent ones. It loses some of it's charms I feel.
The Logical Option (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-logical-option.html)
Very nicely written, but takes the stance of humans being monsters
Bridled Fury (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/story-bridled-fury.html)
It's the freaking God of War, and he learns how to take care of bunnies and bake cupcakes
Sunny Skies All Day Long (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-sunny-skies-all-day-long.html)
Princess Celestia makes friends with the mane cast. IIRC Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall at some point.

Finally, this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxq2JPJHLB0) makes me want to hear Twilight sing more. After Rainbow Dash gets her own of course.

nismology
28th September 2011, 01:48 AM
I've only just started on the fanfiction. Still not sure what to make of it. I've read two different AppleDash shipping stories, and while they were a reasonably good read, I can't help feeling they missed the point of the series by giving the characters traumatic backstories and generally darkening the whole mood of the show.

The first one was pretty good and kept the mood reasonably light hearted. Also had some nice imagery in it. The second one, a 4 part epic just took things too far (bear in mind I read the censored version! :blarg ).

I doubt I'll look at much more, the main series is quite enough for me!

100th pony post!... yay
btw, this thread's had 2,000 views! Any guesses at the ratio of brony converts to bewildered (and slightly freaked out) Wipeout fans? :g

Darkdrium777
28th September 2011, 02:09 AM
Still no news on RedScar so there's what, six of us?
Meta
Uber
Challenger
Medusa
You
Me

I would not read pure shipping stories if you don't like your equines getting awfully close during the whole thing.
Well actually some are well done but too many is just blunt IMO. I prefer adventure stories myself.

UB3R~JKP
28th September 2011, 08:58 AM
I think we have a good lil WipEout Brony community here if Im honest. ;) Who knows? Maybe if there is a team racing cup on WipEout we can be Brony Industries! :lol

nismology
28th September 2011, 09:05 AM
I'll take a look at some of the links you posted earlier.

For RedScar:
For newcomers, I definitely wouldn't recommend starting from season 1, episode 1. The best place to start is:

Sonic Rainboom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddXh_mQ3NFo)
Followed by:
Fall Weather Friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbFSu74Y90)
then:
Applebuck Season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_xvo4rQXE)
then if you're feeling brave:
Party of One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rdz3YwNMY)
THEN if you're enjoying it, watch:
Season One from the start (http://www.youtube.com/user/StormWolf1908#g/c/55DE1506509BAA5B)

Youtube links contained above ^^

By no means do you have to watch the episodes in order to understand the characters or plot, but if you watch a few episodes and like it, make your way to the start of the series and enjoy! If you don't like it at all, tbh that's completely understandable! :D

I think we have a good lil WipEout Brony community here if Im honest. ;) Who knows? Maybe if there is a team racing cup on WipEout we can be Brony Industries! :lol

That reminds me, I still need to make a Rainbow Dash skin for my Feisar ship in WO Pulse! :P I hope 2048 has a ship livery editor, that would be pretty cool.

Darkdrium777
28th September 2011, 02:17 PM
I think 2048 will have a livery editor but I'm not sure how deep it's going to be compared to Pulse.

As for me I started with episode 1 and the to be continued screen made it so I had to watch the other one. So it's not all that bad ;)

nismology
28th September 2011, 02:48 PM
Good point, I'd forgotten about the two part epicness of the first episode. However, I don't think I would have made it through the first episode if it was the first one I'd watched. I was drawn in by the action sequences in Sonic Rainboom, and Fluttershy's yay at the start was just hilarious. I dunno, RD is my favourite character, so maybe I'm biased. 8) I'm glad I didn't start off with an episode that was centred around Rarity, she's the only character I still don't really like.

UB3R~JKP
29th September 2011, 08:07 AM
Was just looking at my Twitter and seen that Jimmy Fallon, USA talk show host, is also following the official My Little Pony page. I have alerted Equestria Daily just in case. ;)

Anyways, I feel this is relevant; On "Free Realms" my name is "Brendan Ponymind" as generated by the game. :lol

nismology
29th September 2011, 10:50 AM
If you haven't seen it already, this video gives a really good explanation of the whole thing:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/32594-episode-58-my-little-pony-retrospective-g4

UB3R~JKP
29th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, agree with that video pretty much. In other news; http://www.fibers.com/shop/brony << Subtle brony shirts are tempting...

UB3R~JKP
30th September 2011, 09:25 AM
Possible spoilers, this is supposed to be a leak:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/season-two-screenshots.html#more

Luna? Badass Luna? Tell you what, i'mma happy with that.

nismology
30th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Possible spoilers, this is supposed to be a leak:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/season-two-screenshots.html#more

And yet more info on episode 4
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/luna-episode-synopsisdatetitle.html#more

More Luna is good, I hope Derpy gets her own episode as well! :P

And a pony creator (http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904) to keep y'all entertained until October 15th!

Challenger #001
1st October 2011, 09:14 AM
You mention fanfiction, DD. I've done one or two pieces. One actually I had in mind with particular reference to this fandom was going to be a scene where Luna/Nightmare Moon explores the ruins of Katmoda 12. :P

Darkdrium777
2nd October 2011, 03:52 PM
I hope Derpy gets her own episode as well! :PShe's a background character so she should stay in fanon. There will be appearances in the background like S1 but there won't be any fanservice. This is good because we love the show as it is, they don't need to modify it. They said they wouldn't in an interview anyways.

UB3R~JKP
3rd October 2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with what DD says, The show should try to stay to it's roots for as long as possible! :+

Anyways, I like Derpy too and it's fun trying to find her in each episode. :p

Darkdrium777
3rd October 2011, 10:56 AM
...My brain just got done processing this. Sorry it took so long, I never played Fusion.
I'd be interested to see how that turned out.

nismology
3rd October 2011, 12:03 PM
I agree with what DD says, The show should try to stay to it's roots for as long as possible! :+

Anyways, I like Derpy too and it's fun trying to find her in each episode. :p

Fair enough. I expect she'll get more frequent appearances than in season 1 now the creators are fully aware of the fan base. I wonder whether single episode characters from season 1 like Trixie and Gilda will return, or if they were just aids to the storytelling and won't make any further appearances.

As far as fan service goes, the worst thing they could possibly do is hint at Dash's sexuality, even subtle-as-a-train-wreck wingboners would ruin the show.

UB3R~JKP
3rd October 2011, 01:43 PM
I hope Trixie makes a comeback. :+

Loved her character, if she does come back I hope she hasn't "changed her ways" and is still a total ass. :lol

nismology
4th October 2011, 12:23 PM
I was just thinking, do you think the brony fanbase is larger than the target demographic? I mean, It's not like it's shown on hugely popular tv channel. In the UK isn't it on boomerang or something? I wouldn't imagine that many households are subscribed to that channel, with kids getting their fill of cartoons from the more readily available stations. On the other hand, the total pageview counter at Equestria Daily is at nearly 50 million hits!

UB3R~JKP
4th October 2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, it's arguable...but you've got to remember that the show's sole purpose is to sell toys. If it wasn't doing that we wouldn't have 2 seasons and the lined-up 3rd series. Some girls must be watching it! :D Most bronies don't buy the toys, and when they do get merchandise it's usually unlicensed.

My best friend (also a Brony)'s niece has the Rarity Carousel Boutique playset and it's been "placed in his room to save space in her room". :p

Darkdrium777
5th October 2011, 12:45 AM
I remember reading that the show is the 2nd best rated show on the network. There's no way to tell how many of the viewers are girls let alone the age though. One thing for sure: this whole craze is much bigger in the USA than the rest of the world judging by the YouTube statistics I've seen.
And I'd get the toys if they were available... And the DVD or BR.

Such a long wait though right now. Good thing fanfics seem to keep going, although not the ones I'd like to see update yet.

infoxicated
5th October 2011, 08:47 AM
I have no objection to this thread at all, but should you guys not have a social group going on by now?

You know, like BronyZone or PonyZone or some such?

Heck, given the traffic directed at this thread I might as well change the site name to one of those... damn, if it wasn't so far away from April 1st that'd be a good gag! ;)

UB3R~JKP
5th October 2011, 08:59 AM
That would be awesome Rob. :lol: , We'll make a group if you want but I'm quite attached to this thread now! :o I guess it gives people stuff to rage about/join in brony conversations, every other forum I go to has a Pony thread that has like 20,000 replies. :D I think I read somewhere one got 250,000 replies and it crashed the forum software!

I made a group to go along with the thread; I guess this could be for more in-depth discussion or something, or race-meets! :D

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=79

Darkdrium777
5th October 2011, 01:18 PM
if it wasn't so far away from April 1st that'd be a good gag! ;)Well that just means you have all this time to work on a pony vBulletin theme for the forum, complete with pony reply buttons and pony emotes ;)

Can't stop this thread though. It's the local artillery emplacement of the global orbital friendship cannon and must remain active by order of the royal princesses themselves :g

UB3R~JKP
5th October 2011, 01:25 PM
What DD said! :D Viva La Equestria!

MetaKraken
5th October 2011, 01:34 PM
Just recently joined a club DD (or UB3R) made. And what UB3R said, Viva La Equestria! :lol

UB3R~JKP
5th October 2011, 02:06 PM
It's a big ask but us bronies it should be nothing...make this the most viewed active thread on WZ. :lol

nismology
5th October 2011, 02:24 PM
It seems to be pulling in near 100 views a day at the moment. For the people browsing the forum, the initial WTF? reaction must lead to further investigation!

UB3R~JKP
5th October 2011, 02:30 PM
Indeedy Nismology, that's how most bronies are born too! ;)

Darkdrium777
6th October 2011, 02:22 AM
By now I would think that pretty much every very active member here has seen this thread. Otherwise I'd say that they've been living under Tom! (seewutididthar?)

UB3R~JKP
6th October 2011, 09:03 AM
Iseewutyoudidthar!

Tom Rocks man.

nismology
8th October 2011, 04:22 PM
1 weeeeeeeeek! ;)

UB3R~JKP
8th October 2011, 05:06 PM
:D http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_thumbs/10d3fc992a078175e6568652eef0fd29/thumb.jpg

Darkdrium777
9th October 2011, 01:26 AM
Gonna be a short week for me, since I have no classes until Wednesday.

http://imgur.com/Tl656.jpg (don-komandorr.deviantart.com/art/Jelly-Sparkle-212998143)
(this might look like **** cause I used Android apps to resize it lol)

On the other hand, I'm still sad that zero toys seem to exist here.

UB3R~JKP
9th October 2011, 10:20 AM
Lucky you DD, I have classes everyday and a small class test on friday. :-

Oh well, It's worth persevering for Ponies. http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_thumbs/5cb0234181e2cf6ffa4b545beef4bcf3/thumb.jpg

Darkdrium777
14th October 2011, 03:44 PM
Next Saturday. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow-Tc8y3Guo)

UB3R~JKP
14th October 2011, 07:59 PM
:D :D :D

So excited, so very, very excited

nismology
14th October 2011, 10:36 PM
The episode synopsis sounds a bit... dumb tbh. I have no doubt though that it will be a great episode nonetheless!

this weekend all i'll be able to think is: poniesponiesponiesponiesponiesponiesponiesponiespo niesponiesponies

MetaKraken
14th October 2011, 11:10 PM
Can't wait for the episode "Lesson Zero" tomorrow! :g

RedScar
15th October 2011, 04:18 PM
Well I've caught up, and needless to say the show is pretty enjoyable. Not sure how much I can say in the thread because I don't' wanna post spoilers and I'm to lazy to go to advanced edit, but so far the discord arc is my favorite portion.

UB3R~JKP
15th October 2011, 06:02 PM
Wowzers. Is it possible for a TV show to have an episode that fun and enjoyable?

Kudos team, I didnt miss Faust's presence...at all. So confused. :lol:

MetaKraken
15th October 2011, 07:27 PM
Does anyone have the link for the episode "Lesson Zero"? I looked around on YouTube, yet they have some with commercial breaks and bad quality (which isn't really my type). :|

Darkdrium777
15th October 2011, 08:24 PM
Dear Princess Celestia,

OH GOD WHAT

-A pile of ashes about to explode again

Seriously way over the top ridiculous. It's like there's no water left in the glass, it all gushed out to create an ocean in a storm.

Key moments outside of the main event:
Dramatic Rarity
Sonic Nukeboom
Bear spa

Meta: here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3F49D1WiQ4).

MetaKraken
15th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Haha, I was gonna edit out that I found the episode of Lesson Zero, but thanks anyway, Dark. ;)

nismology
15th October 2011, 11:19 PM
Wow, well that was interesting.

Psycho Twilight was genuinely scary, even scarier than psycho Pinkie Pie. The sonic nuke boom and the Fluttershy-bear (was it Harry the bear?) moments were the highlights for me. New memes of derp twilight will be popping up everywhere now.

Bad points:
-The music throughout was FAR too intrusive.
-Parts felt like fanservice, with pretty much every character main and background portrayed in some way. Some of the facial expressions seemed like deliberate poses for image macros.
-I didn't like the way Big Macintosh was characterised.

Apart from that, it was pure gold! 7:40 to 10:12, was AMAZING

@Redscar: Welcome to the herd! I wouldn't worry about spoilers ;) I really hope Discord makes a return in some way in a future episode.

UB3R~JKP
16th October 2011, 07:03 PM
I don't know if the Luna episode can live up to "Lesson Zero", it'll be tough.

MetaKraken
17th October 2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah. She'll appear in "Luna Eclipsed" next Saturday, so let's wait and see what happens next. ;)

Darkdrium777
17th October 2011, 02:07 AM
I don't mind if it's not as hectic and crazy. Lesson Zero was the wackiest episode yet and I don't want them to be all that personally. But I did appreciate Lesson Zero for sure xD

UB3R~JKP
17th October 2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, it reminded me of the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons I used to watch about 10 years ago...I was feeling pretty nostalgic even though it was a completely new episode. :lol

mdhay
17th October 2011, 12:49 PM
You mean this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9mmpzigNI) :P

Also, obligatory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7BUND0Av8c&feature=related) part 2! :D

Challenger #001
17th October 2011, 01:29 PM
OH CHRIST, THE NOSTALGIA

*dies*

Darkdrium777
17th October 2011, 04:03 PM
My question is why does it only have 209 views?

UB3R~JKP
17th October 2011, 04:53 PM
You mean this one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9mmpzigNI) :P

Also, obligatory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7BUND0Av8c&feature=related) part 2! :D

Holy. Crap. My favorite episode!

Positive Rep'd to the heavens!

mdhay
17th October 2011, 07:02 PM
First one I had ever watched, that. xD

DJ Techno
20th October 2011, 02:04 PM
My little ponys!

Equals Robot Chickens turn around of them

Why did my little ponys even get this many hits. Put an arrow through each one of them things and call it a day.

Better yet Heman and Transformers was around the time that baby bull version of Barney the purple dinosaur was out.

Yeah the ponys, were in its time, a version of the purple dinosaur, that all the kids in my youth, year agreed.

Put an AK 47 in that dinosaurs mouth and silence him

(shaking my head)
My Little Ponys

Get me the sword of greyskull and the sword of omen
And make my little pony stew

Darkdrium777
22nd October 2011, 04:44 PM
WE ARE OUTRAGED THAT SUCH COMMENTS CAN BE MADE ABOUT OUR LOYAL SUBJECTS, AND DEMAND RETRIBUTION. YOU WILL APOLOGIZE TO US NOW. AS THE BRINGER OF THE NIGHT THAT ALLOWS YOU RESTFUL SLEEP AND DREAMS, WE ARE MOST DISPLEASED WITH YOUR CONDUCT.

http://i.imgur.com/yVRET.png

Or you know, you could just ignore this thread.

So, what did everyone think of the Joseph Ducreux/Billy Mays princess? :g

MetaKraken
22nd October 2011, 06:02 PM
Once again, "Luna Eclipsed", the new episode today, was awesome. Can't wait for the next one next Staurday, as always! :D

Challenger #001
22nd October 2011, 09:34 PM
I liked it. Imagine if you did pretty much yank Queen Elizabeth I from her time into our world... it'd be a similar sort of thing if you think about it.

Pipsqueak needs to be drop-kicked into the nearest volcano though.

UB3R~JKP
22nd October 2011, 10:54 PM
It was...good! Didn't quite him home as hard as "Lesson Zero" did for me though. :D

AND WHERE THE HECK WAS RARITY.

nismology
22nd October 2011, 11:48 PM
DAT EPISODE

I thought it was better than Lesson Zero, loved the way they did Luna, and a whole Derpy scene! I agree that Pipsqueak should never be spoken of again.

also episode 7 (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/rumor-episode-7-may-best-pet-win.html) will be a Dash episode WOOOOOOOYEEEEAAH

RedScar
23rd October 2011, 12:08 AM
Where are you guys watching ep 4?

UB3R~JKP
23rd October 2011, 01:58 AM
Youtube! :D

RedScar
23rd October 2011, 02:36 AM
was hinting more towards a link, as I can't find a good quality ver of it to save my life.
Edit:
scratch that, found one finally
Edit 2:
Probably my fav episode so far!

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2011, 03:52 AM
Can't wait for the next one next Saturday, as always! :DUnfortunately next Saturday is a repeat showing of this one. Two weeks :(

DJ Techno
23rd October 2011, 06:49 AM
WE ARE OUTRAGED THAT SUCH COMMENTS CAN BE MADE ABOUT OUR LOYAL SUBJECTS, AND DEMAND RETRIBUTION. YOU WILL APOLOGIZE TO US NOW. AS THE BRINGER OF THE NIGHT THAT ALLOWS YOU RESTFUL SLEEP AND DREAMS, WE ARE MOST DISPLEASED WITH YOUR CONDUCT.

http://i.imgur.com/yVRET.png

Or you know, you could just ignore this thread.

So, what did everyone think of the Joseph Ducreux/Billy Mays princess? :g

the cartoons of young n old say,

sword of omen, greyskull and aa bunch of gi joes say that stuff doll of a pony got shreaded in the garbage.

silly rabbit, trix n tore up ponies is for kids

nismology
23rd October 2011, 10:08 AM
the cartoons of young n old say,

sword of omen, greyskull and aa bunch of gi joes say that stuff doll of a pony got shreaded in the garbage.

silly rabbit, trix n tore up ponies is for kids

Don't knock it till you've watched it.

Old ponies = horrible garbage made to sell grotesque plastic ponies to little girls.

New 2011 ponies = badass cartoon made by some of the best talent in the industry. Probably majority of viewers are male age 13 - 30. Only real men watch my little pony 8)

MetaKraken
23rd October 2011, 02:01 PM
@Darkdrium: FFFF- oh well. Might as well wait two weeks, then. :(

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2011, 10:16 PM
...Actually if you search it up a little, you will be surprised in learning just who are the people making this show.
The people working on this show have been in the business for 10 to 15 years. I'm talking about the directors, the writers, the voice actors. If you grew up during that time, there's a good chance you've watched a cartoon some of them worked on.

If you watch this minute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDs7T78lsQ#t=9m58s), you will see it's pure classic cartoon comedy. Just like old times on Teletoon/Cartoon Network.

UB3R~JKP
24th October 2011, 09:18 AM
Did anyone else notice that in the new intro , Madame Foster (from Foster's home for imaginary friends, another faust show) can be seen in the train? :lol Pretty wicked.

Darkdrium777
24th October 2011, 11:11 AM
I thought she was there at first too but someone made a big zoomed in image and it turns out it's just an old looking male pony. :/

UB3R~JKP
24th October 2011, 01:35 PM
oh man, really!? :( That sucks.

nismology
28th October 2011, 10:46 PM
2 RD episodes in a row??

EEEP!

Synopsis 1 (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/rumor-episode-7-may-best-pet-win.html)
Synopsis 2 (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/rumor-season-2-episode-8-mysterious.html#more)

Darkdrium777
28th October 2011, 11:20 PM
It sounds like it but remember that these summaries do not tell everything. There's lots of room for Surprise.

http://i.imgur.com/w0JOD.jpg

UB3R~JKP
30th October 2011, 01:55 PM
Those 2 episodes seem like fun. ^^ Missed my weekly dose this week, I can't rewatch episodes so quick. :lol:

nismology
4th November 2011, 05:06 PM
Soooooooo...

New episode tomorrow! Expectations?

MetaKraken
4th November 2011, 06:41 PM
@nismology: Looking forward to it! :D

Darkdrium777
4th November 2011, 08:16 PM
Expectations?None. As I've said before somewhere on EqD: zero expectations = best expectations. I know I'll be surprised in any case.
The people who always expect this or that to happen often seem to be the ones most critical of the newest episode. I frequently ask myself if they enjoy the show they are watching when they are so nitpicky.
It's good fun but dont't forget it's not high class gray matter stimulating television. It's still for kids. It's also only 22 minutes a week vs. 44 minutes a week.

MetaKraken
5th November 2011, 07:57 PM
I wanted to watch Sisterhooves Social, which has been out today on MLP, though I can't seem to find it on YT. :(

Plus, The Hub channel is completely non-existant in PR, which is a complete let down.

Darkdrium777
5th November 2011, 10:01 PM
He always uploads them on the day in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1rn5TP-Ws&hd=1).

MetaKraken
5th November 2011, 10:32 PM
w00t! Thanks so much, Darkdrium! That episode was, as always, awesome!

UB3R~JKP
6th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Still need to watch this new episode! :D Guess that's good and bad!

jesse9705
7th November 2011, 03:14 AM
We are All Bronies

Darkdrium777
10th November 2011, 02:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QbZD0.png (http://i.imgur.com/O7Lex.png)

UB3R~JKP
10th November 2011, 09:59 PM
:lol :lol: :lol Lost so so so badly.

nismology
11th November 2011, 10:05 AM
There is another episode tomorrow, right? We don't have another gap?

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/150/f/2011/177/1/2/rainbow_dash_by_gradientwisp-d3k2arz.png

UB3R~JKP
11th November 2011, 10:39 AM
Yes we do have an episode!

Darkdrium777
11th November 2011, 12:35 PM
Not sure the G&PT can make that hotlink smaller than 50kb, even with all her powerfullness.

MetaKraken
13th November 2011, 01:01 AM
Anyone watched The Cutie Pox? I lol'd after seeing that Applebloom got too many talents all at once and learned a lesson to be patient until she can get her own cutie mark. :P

nismology
13th November 2011, 10:46 AM
Good episode, though I find most CMC episodes a bit meh tbh. Good AJ moments though! Can't wait for the RD episode next week! I thought the twist in sisterhooves social was brilliant, and Rarity definitely went up in my books after that episode!

Darkdrium777
13th November 2011, 02:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XcogM.jpg

UB3R~JKP
13th November 2011, 04:55 PM
Spike's reaction. <3

Darkdrium777
14th November 2011, 04:38 AM
Oh yes. :D It doesn't last long at all but it's the most hilarious thing so far in my opinion. There's loads of funny stuff happening all the time, but the character expressions here make this the best.

UB3R~JKP
14th November 2011, 09:33 AM
Agreed! The show is just going from strength to strength...and to think people doubted the team without Faust! :p

MetaKraken
21st November 2011, 04:51 PM
Watched May The Best Piet Win last Saturday, and I'm just schocked that the turtle won the race WITH Rainbow Dash, even though the Falcon won the race and that the turtle has become a new pet for RD. :lol

nismology
21st November 2011, 07:34 PM
Gud things:
-FREAKING RAINBOW DASH!!
-Epic flying sections
-Derpy in the chicken house
-Ride of the Valkyries playing during the race
-The Coray eels (are best pony)
-'Gesundheit!'
-Spike spontaneously pulling a quill and paper from his backside at the end

Bad things:
-THE SINGING
-The predictable plot line
-THE SINGING
-The tortoise as a pet, lolwut? The falcon would have been at least 20% cooler
-THE SINGING
-The hats
-THE SINGING

UB3R~JKP
22nd November 2011, 06:47 AM
I quite liked the Singing!

:D

nismology
26th November 2011, 11:32 PM
I must say I don't like the way they've portrayed RD as a bit of a b*tch in the two most recent episodes. They seem to have changed her personality since season 1 and just made her really arrogant.

Darkdrium777
27th November 2011, 02:14 AM
She's always been a boaster. It's not being a bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/UuSWd.png (http://i.imgur.com/QTsFp.gif)

UB3R~JKP
27th November 2011, 06:43 PM
Pacing of the episode yesterday was really fast, I'd give it about it a 6/10, watchable but nothing really special about it...

nismology
28th November 2011, 01:06 AM
I agree, it felt like there was 40 minutes of content packed into a 22 minute episode.

After a re-watch of a few of the most recent episodes, I think 'May the Best Pet Win' is one of the best of season 2. However, there were a few things that really put me off 'Mysterious Mare-do-Well', namely Dash's characterization, and as you said, the pacing. I didn't really like the plot line. It seemed kinda mean of the friends to trick Dash like that, to 'teach her a lesson', and it was unclear whether or not the other 5 friends deliberately caused all the accidents to aid their plan, which would be very OOC.

MetaKraken
28th November 2011, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering if the words "Mare-do-well" is a play of "Ne'er-do-well"? :P

nismology
2nd December 2011, 01:05 AM
Just went to the Youtube homepage for the first time today and discovered that they've changed everything!

The new system seems to be cleverer at finding recommended videos for you, as my homepage seems to be covered in a mixture of pony, Ross Noble, Dylan Moran and Classic Game Room!

May have to start logging out when I watch a new pony episode, can't have people knowing my secret! :lol

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2011, 02:30 AM
Nothing wrong here (http://i.imgur.com/eD2DC.png).

The ratings bar is an extension I found on reddit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ0obzYBEcs). It's for everything but Internet Explorer (Because that one sucks.)
Also Ponychan is only there for the occasional tear collecting.

nismology
2nd December 2011, 09:17 AM
Haha, your ratio of pony to everything else is much higher than mine!
Screenshots yay (http://www.flickr.com/photos/87965795@N00/6440834273/sizes/l/in/photostream/)

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2011, 07:58 PM
This here is amazing (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/huge-brony-school-presentation-ballad.html).

UB3R~JKP
2nd December 2011, 08:14 PM
Now THAT is commitment! Pretty impressive...love how dedicated people can be to these animated ponies.

Darkdrium777
3rd December 2011, 12:15 AM
I remember watching some episodes of this as a kid. My grandmother had cable and the cartoon's channel was awesome back then. Today there's like nothing on TV anywhere. Sci-fi with no sci-fi. Cartoons with no substance. Heh. :|

Anyways, Cardcaptor Derpy (http://alfa995.deviantart.com/art/Derpy-Cardcaptor-272032563). Warning, some expressions may give you diabeetus.

MetaKraken
3rd December 2011, 12:36 PM
That animation's really cool! Derpy FTW! :D

Darkdrium777
4th December 2011, 12:58 AM
Omnivore - The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeB9fnytYwo)
Omnivore - Final Night, Nightmare Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35BmR_osJc)
This is dubstep. Gawd damn. :rock

Anyone else listen to any music from anyone? Like on their MP3 players and stuff.

UB3R~JKP
6th December 2011, 12:01 PM
Time to watch the new episode...

Watch this space for thoughts. ;)

EDIT: 8/10, smashing return to form! Fancy Pants is a total bro and that song was to DIE for. :lol

nismology
6th December 2011, 09:21 PM
Great episode, much better than the last one :)

UB3R~JKP
7th December 2011, 10:14 AM
Agreed Nismology, thank Celestia. :lol Apparently the community are going crazy by coming to the conclusion that Fancy Pants' Pink maned companion is an escort! :lol Makes total sense as she did throw herself around a bit! :p

nismology
7th December 2011, 02:26 PM
Haha! Has the community named her yet? :P

UB3R~JKP
7th December 2011, 03:28 PM
fleur de lis. :lol :lol :+

Darkdrium777
10th December 2011, 06:59 PM
Episode 10 - Secret of My Excess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnR0zFCRUs)

UB3R~JKP
10th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Time to watch! :D

Anyone see the "Fighting is Magic" Twilight Sparkle trailer? Holy crap that game is looking outstanding.

nismology
10th December 2011, 11:31 PM
That was a GREAT episode!

I seriously thought at one point that Spike would stay big :blarg

Some great lines in there too from all the characters, and Cheerilee got a scene!

Darkdrium777
10th December 2011, 11:36 PM
7:12
I love this.

And yes, great episode. I really liked all of it.
I'd have to say that while some episodes of this season have had pacing issues (particularly with going too fast) this one felt just right to me.
Which is why I'm going to watch it again right now.

Killercrusher232
11th December 2011, 05:15 PM
If anyone hasn't said this yet, here it is: This thread was inevitable...

nismology
11th December 2011, 09:09 PM
You sound displeased?

Killercrusher232
12th December 2011, 08:11 AM
You could say that...

Darkdrium777
12th December 2011, 08:39 AM
I'm genuinely confused as to why you are replying to this thread... ?

About the Fighting is Magic game, here's the Pinkie Pie voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfP2H_kw_9Q) you're gonna hear if you play (Mostly, maybe she'll drop it down a bit lower due to feedback in the comments.)

MyNameIsBom
12th December 2011, 08:48 AM
deleted

nismology
12th December 2011, 09:04 AM
Holy moly!! I'm surprised you guys watch this! Don't worry, I'm not going to criticize you :P I respect your choices...

Maybe ponies isn't just my thing LOL
You guys have fun watching it :) ;)

To be honest, I'm surprised I watch it, lol! I've never even liked cartoons before I saw this one, as a kid I used to evade the pink isle at all cost in shops (I still do).

I first heard of the show in this thread, and my wtf reaction and curiosity got the better of me after I watched this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw) video explaining the whole thing. I wound up watching an episode, then another, then another...

It really isn't the sickly sweet, overwhelmingly pink girly nonsense that we're used to seeing that would make any normal man have a seizure. If it was, I'd be seriously creeped out by the whole brony phenomenon.

UB3R~JKP
12th December 2011, 10:01 AM
You could say that...

Well, I'm sure you know where the proverbial door is, leave if it bothers you.

Darkdrium777
12th December 2011, 03:42 PM
Holy moly!! I'm surprised you guys watch this!Past Me from the 21st of February 2011 would think Future Me from the 23rd of February 2011 and onwards is batshit insane.

Yes, it took a day. It works so fast by the time you realize it you're already gone. Might as well enjoy it for what it is by then :g

Killercrusher232
12th December 2011, 08:42 PM
Well, I'm sure you know where the proverbial door is, leave if it bothers you.

I'll leave you with this:
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/228/1/a/a_new_wipeout_team__by_cirrulean-d46tnxo.png
By Cirrulean on DA

nismology
12th December 2011, 09:42 PM
You may want to downsize that image, it's against forum rules to post images over 50kb :+

Cool pic. Also this:

mdhay
12th December 2011, 09:56 PM
Now that is awesome. I'm not even into this, but that's some funny stuff! xD

Darkdrium777
12th December 2011, 11:53 PM
He's French. Who is he? Is he here? Is he on Arena? Does he know?
I guess I'll use my devART account to ask that lol (I use it so often man! You have no idea /totallysarcasm)

MetaKraken
13th December 2011, 12:48 AM
The image... it's awesome... :'D

UB3R~JKP
13th December 2011, 06:43 AM
I'd totally pilot that beast.

Killercrusher232
13th December 2011, 07:36 AM
You may want to downsize that image, it's against forum rules to post images over 50kb :+

I don't think it's over 50kb... if it is, someone shrink it for me because i don't know how to...

nismology
13th December 2011, 09:56 AM
It's 422kb, but I wouldn't worry about it, no-one seems to mind after all :P

Yeah, Rainbow Dash + AG racing = massive win, Thanks for sharing!

I tried making a RD livery for my RX7 drift car in Forza 1 a few months ago that I was really pleased with, gonna try and make a better one when I get my hands on Forza 4 in a few weeks. Sadly, Uni coursework comes first though :frown:

What car would be best to ponify?

UB3R~JKP
13th December 2011, 11:27 AM
Mustang. ;)

Darkdrium777
13th December 2011, 02:54 PM
Ponies what are British (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOi3StWmG7A)

Haha that's great :g

UB3R~JKP
13th December 2011, 06:20 PM
I really liked the newest episode. :D 'Dat Spike confession.

I think it would be around a 8/10, smart, quirky and original for the most part.

nismology
13th December 2011, 07:42 PM
Mustang. ;)

Really? Maybe for an AJ car :P

I think either a showboaty drift car or just something really, really fast with lots of fins and spoilers would be more befitting for RD

Applejack: Ford Mustang Mach 1
Rainbow Dash: Lamborghini Murcielago SV or Gumpert Apollo
Rarity: Aston Martin Virage
Twilight: Prius? :lol
Pinkie: Hummer H1
Fluttershy: Mazda MX5

MetaKraken
13th December 2011, 07:59 PM
^^Nice idea there, nismology. ;)

UB3R~JKP
13th December 2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds about right! The reason I said Mustang is because it's got a horsey on it. :lol

Killercrusher232
14th December 2011, 04:57 PM
An epic pun UB3R~JKP

nismology
14th December 2011, 06:32 PM
Pony car
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pony car is an American class of automobile launched and inspired by the Ford Mustang in 1964. The term describes an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image.

The term "originates from the equestrian sounding Ford Mustang", and may also refer to the Ford Mustang's logo (a galloping pony).

Examples include:
-Chevrolet Camaro
-Ford Mustang
-Dodge Challenger
-Pontiac Firebird

There ya go ;)

UB3R~JKP
14th December 2011, 07:57 PM
:+ Get working on it amigo!

I can't wait to get Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 for my Christmas to make Brony United again! Dominated online with 'em last year. :lol

Darkdrium777
15th December 2011, 10:01 PM
My Little French Revolution? (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/12/my-little-pony-holiday-episode/)

UB3R~JKP
16th December 2011, 09:30 PM
HOHOHOHO This is gonna send the fanbase into Greedy Spike mode!

mdhay
17th December 2011, 12:15 AM
I'mma just leave this here for you guys... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ttruVMQn844#t=1606s)

UB3R~JKP
17th December 2011, 10:33 AM
This guy doesn't seem familiar with the recent internet domination. :lol

mdhay
17th December 2011, 11:00 AM
He is not. xD

UB3R~JKP
17th December 2011, 11:16 AM
Still though, thanks for posting. :+ I has a new subscription!

mdhay
17th December 2011, 12:33 PM
To Event? I'd watch all of his other videos, he really rips into developers and the like, that's the only mention of MLP from him, probably ever.

Darkdrium777
17th December 2011, 05:00 PM
I think everyone was surprised by this episode. The collective reaction of the live chat after that moment was "wat."

Hearth's Warming Eve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me8OjUh35lE&hd=1)