PDA

View Full Version : A New Gaming Blog!

UB3R~JKP
16th August 2011, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone, me and my friends have recently been putting a lot of effort into starting up a new gaming blog and I'd just like to show you the progress thus far.

http://nimoxi.blogspot.com/

I was wondering if you could maybe pop in and give us some feedback? Right now there is a Written Review (by me), Video Review (not by me), News reports (by us) and a Feature about the up-coming Sonic Generations (by me)

We're keeping the blog separated into 4 different types of blog posts; Reviews, Youtube, Features and News. Soon, we will be adding Rumor Mill and Previews.

Thanks in Advance!
UB3R:rock

blackwiggle
17th August 2011, 03:07 PM
Ok, I'll give you a unbiased opinion.

1]I think you front page site banner/logo is far to big, also unless you are familiar with some graffiti font's, it's not easy to read exactly where you are, and what the site is called.
Look at it as a 1st time visitor, you shouldn't need to use the scroll down wheel to be able to read the first relevant post at the site, it just puts people off and they just backspace and leave straight away.

[Best test for this it to sit in front of somebody who has never seen your site before [behind the screen] and watch how much eye movement they need to do to get basic information, you basically want as little as possible, it = impact!]

2] You have the right idea with the 3 columns layout, but it needs some work, the spacing is not tight enough.
The first left column is Way out from the side of the screen, and as such moves what should be the centre column off centre, where it should be, and in turn leaves you half the space that should be available for the 3rd column.
It's just spacing problems, you need to tighten the spacing between menu options and content as well, same reason as before, scrolling, people just don't like doing it if at all possible, especially if you add "Flash" content that will pop up into your site.
I absolutely hate scrolling down to a portion of a website that suddenly has a flash bit pop up and move that portion of the screen that I was just going to click on, annoys the hell out of me.
News sites are notorious for this.

Best thing you can do is to go to your favorite web sites and really look at "Why" you enjoy visiting, then take the best design elements from them and see if they will work for your concept and more importantly, your content.

I also suggest you get as many web browsers as possible [from really old to BETA test versions] and test you site all the time to see how it works with them.