PDA

View Full Version : Warning-Check your PSone disc's, they could be dying

blackwiggle
17th July 2011, 12:11 AM
There has be reports of finger grease, among other crap, left on PSone disc being permanently burnt into the surface of PSone discs and ruining them.
So do a check of your prized [and irreplaceable] Wipeout/2097/XL/WO3/WO3SE discs before it's to late.
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34037

Darkdrium777
17th July 2011, 02:25 AM
Oh really?

*Gets to the pictures posted by the guy*

Haha. Well obviously if you leave your disc in that condition for years... Good luck.

Nutcase:259
17th July 2011, 11:09 AM
I thought Compact Discs had a usable life of about 20 years or so anyway? Although that could posssibly be just the case for rewwrite-able CD's

How on earth did he get the CD in that state anyway, filthy bastard doesnt wash his hands :lol

MetaKraken
17th July 2011, 04:03 PM
This guy needs to clean the discs more properly. I mean, few of my PS1 games are old, and yet they still work well when I play it on the PS3. :|

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th July 2011, 04:08 PM
All of mine still work fine (except for Twisted Metal 2, which was very worn out when I got it, and doesn't play the FMVs properly; gameplay and even music is still fine, though), and some look fairly scratched and worn to me. Dunno what kind of filth that guy must have got on his to ruin them, lol.

blackwiggle
17th July 2011, 10:24 PM
It's easy to forget that some people have kids that can get their grubby little fingers onto those discs as well, they might put them back in their cases but covered in all sorts of crap and your could be none the wiser.