PDA

View Full Version : Racing Syncopia online, did I dream this?

curious of walthamstow
13th July 2011, 01:50 PM
Hi all. First time poster, long time player (of average ability).

Forgive me if this has already been commented on - I've looked long and hard and couldn't see anywhere it had already been mentioned - but I was amazed by this and thought I'd check with the good people of this forum for guidance.

Whilst slipping in a few races before the missus got home last night, so I was online between 6.30 and 8 UK Time, I spotted that someone was hosting a race on Syncopia. Curious, I thought I'd try to join and was allowed.

The settings for the race were:
Phantom class, 5 laps, pilot assist on, barrel rolls on and weapons on.

The host was based in Germany. I can't recall the full PSN ID but it ended in 2097. I think the most people that were racing at any one time was 6.

Is this a glitch? Is this something that's slowly being unlocked? How can I unlock it myself? Are there any more 'new' tracks to race online?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

UB3R~JKP
13th July 2011, 02:10 PM
It is a glitch, multiple people are able to do it. I'm sure someone will post a tutorial :+ I don't know how to do it myself.

curious of walthamstow
13th July 2011, 02:12 PM
It is a glitch, multiple people are able to do it. I'm sure someone will post a tutorial :+ I don't know how to do it myself.

Thanks! And if anyone's reading this that can provide a tutorial to open up another track, please do!

Does this mean the ability to do this for more than Syncopia exists?

It must do, shirley?

*Stares hard in the direction of Studio Liverpool*

MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

There, that's going to work, I'm sure.

leungbok
13th July 2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e__TZ_fRh2s ;)

curious of walthamstow
13th July 2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e__TZ_fRh2s ;)

thanks! will try this at home tonight! I just need to constantly select Tech De Ra until my PS3 gives in and Syncopia is available to race it online? Brilliant.

There must be more access to other tracks...

4tonmantis
13th July 2011, 07:45 PM
@leungbok can you get syncopia on any speed class? phantom sl would be sweet

NX-01
13th July 2011, 07:47 PM
Damn!:hyper I had a single race on Syncopia last month about 1030 PST and was freakout to see this track appear. I don't know how it happened, and could never get it again. I raced and I was just astonished because I hardly every race this area of "Fury" :redface: Damn! it was a beau. Please! :beer Studio Liverpool Unlock this track to the masses :P

AspenExcel
13th July 2011, 07:48 PM
Syncopia is possible to unlock at any speed class afaik. I've only ever done it on Phantom multiplayer races, time trials, and speed laps.

NX-01
13th July 2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks Unctuous. I watch the video and will try to open it for multi-player racing online. I'm sure it will freakout other players too. :g

@curious of walthamstow The host of that race was "Yeldar2097" There as several videos on YouTube labeled "Snycopia Glitchs" with him hosting or racing. Those racers are all top notch players, 90+ online rating. They are fun to watch. 8)

KGB
13th July 2011, 08:31 PM
I joined that room, it was JPA2097 hosting.

NX-01
13th July 2011, 08:34 PM
@KGB Thanks for the correction. :redface: Have you every unlocked Syncopia for online racing?

KGB
13th July 2011, 08:42 PM
No, had a go but it's a bit boring trying to get it to work. The thrill of racing it fades very fast after a short while for me, I've probably raced on it about 10 times. Great find by SR though.

greenymac
13th July 2011, 09:01 PM
If that was a german player as he said, I'm sure it was jpa2097 and not yeldar.

Dark_Phantom_89
13th July 2011, 09:16 PM
I was in that room last night, and it was JPA who was hosting it. The Syncopia glitch is a really interesting one, and I've had many a fantastic race on there. I've only gotten it to unlock myself a few times though.

SaturnReturn
13th July 2011, 09:33 PM
I've looked long and hard and couldn't see anywhere it had already been mentioned

Long and hard eh? If only some kind soul had taken the time to properly document it...

At the top of page 2 of search results for "Syncopia"

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7271&highlight=Syncopia

Second and third results on youtube for "Syncopia Glitch" - both with helpful links in the descriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUf36Zz4Krc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEE8fEQdaI

;)

Medusa
13th July 2011, 09:42 PM
I've tried a few times to get the glitch going. No success and I nearly died of boredom at the same time. (Doesn't take much. :D )
One day, I'll get it. No biggie if I don't though.

SaturnReturn
13th July 2011, 10:27 PM
Leungbok's words from his video:

keep tryingusing what i show in the video, mate ! If it don't works after few minutes (it's totally random, it can take few seconds or more of 30mn) leave the mode and restart a racebox tt or sl and stay around tech de ra reverse !

I've never tried it again myself with any great effort. I suppose the best thing is to just watch a video or listen to music at the same time you press the buttons, until you hear the magic words from the lady voice.

leungbok
13th July 2011, 11:07 PM
good idea, but your cursor must absolutely be on the empty spot (tdr rev/syncopia) when the glitch appears. If not, you'll see the secret door but you'll have no sesame :brickwall
;)