PDA

View Full Version : Google+

Colonel
12th July 2011, 04:20 PM
Are any of you on Google+ yet? If so what do you think of it? If not, would you like to be? Does it offer anything new or is it just another attempt to challenge Facebook (and to a lesser extent, Twitter)?

Any thoughts?

UB3R~JKP
12th July 2011, 04:23 PM
Really want an invite to this. :( Looks great.

AspenExcel
12th July 2011, 05:06 PM
It's not bad. The main thing that makes it different from Facebook is this idea of "circles" where you have the ability to share information with only specific people if you want. On Facebook basically anything you post can be seen by any of your "friends" but this gives you more control.

It's kinda quiet right now as it's just started, but I can see it taking off in the future. If you want an invite, just PM me your email address. Sometimes it may take a few days to arrive, so do not worry. If it says that the capacity has been reached, keep checking back on the Google+ page to see if you can enter in your info and register.

UB3R~JKP
12th July 2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the invite Unc! :D

SaturnReturn
21st July 2011, 09:16 PM
Facebook let's you choose which of your friends sees what, I think. You can assign certain people to a limited profile. Plus, when you add someone, you can add them to a list of, e.g. work or school friends. I assume you can then choose what information that list of people sees. Could be wrong though. Anyway, despite all facebook's privacy controls, and the amount of time they've changed them, they're still one of the least intuitive things ever. So Google+ might still do that a lot better.

I got invited but looked at it and just kind of shrugged. If it has any really amazing features then I'll like to hear about them. I mean, I already have an account sooo...

Colonel
21st July 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm not on Facebook so this is a nice alternative for me. Hopefully it'll get busier, don't know many people who are on there yet.

Got chatting to sinus1 the other day (what a delightful chap by the way!), he was on about a facebook WO group that he's in. I said I'd invite him to Google plus anyway.

IndoorSnowStorm
23rd July 2011, 09:11 PM
I'm not on any social networking site yet, but Google+ looks like it has potential. It looks very organized and is pleasing to the eye. I especially love the circle idea! Hopefully it catches on.