PDA

View Full Version : Applying Wipeout to Real Life

rythgen
5th July 2011, 08:13 AM
My commute to and from work has several "track ingredients", such as a valley section, several stoplights and intersections that form a chicane of sorts if you're not waiting for turns as well as two hairpins (underpass u-turns). It was nothing special until recently when I discovered myself mentally plotting a racing line and seeing just how quickly I could get to work/home. Unfortunately I'm stuck in Venom class since the local law enforcement doesn't take kindly to much faster. "No officer, you don't understand, I was trying to beat my lap record and had just used my turbo when you saw me!"

It's about nine minutes with the traffic and lights on my side, (AI/weapon pickups :P ) upwards of fifteen if everything goes against me. It's nearer 20 if my wife's in the car. :)

Does anyone else do this or anything similar? Apologies if a thread like this has been made before, didn't find anything in my search.

Disclaimer: All of the above is without driving recklessly of course; a silly game isn't worth endangering anyone.

DJ Techno
6th July 2011, 06:27 PM
Clapping

Doing what I did for five years and losing my license on my own accord. Not tickets or actions.

Just saying hell no to paying for insurance, the dus not dui, I like speed was even nicknamed Speed Racer but I won't get behind the wheel n race and speed drunker than a whino.

Their was a video of the acura nsx and the audi A4. all wheel drive n front engine vs rear wheel drive and rear engine.

Basically your typical ag systems model off Wipeout 64 vs xios fusion.

Guess what happen when they were coming out of the tunnels in richland county area of forrest acres.
Out the tunnels to the three twisting turns and down the four lane onto two lane stretches.

Ag systems damn sure didnt make the second curve.

Xios aka audi hit the curves and turns with the all well drive system like a champ.
This was a guy I met named Keith and his friend he knew doing it.
Back I'm 2006.

The Nsx was close and necking the A4. Until its rear weight couldn't stay good after coming out of the first curves turn.

Shame I likes the NSX. It was both prime and sleek. But after I watches that video. It reminded me.

That's why u. Don't leave the rear package system alone and put in diff or limited slip.