PDA

View Full Version : Sodium 2 Project Velocity - Cold Storage!

FatScarf
21st June 2011, 03:25 PM
Done a quick search and I can see when this was first announced there was a thread posted on here back in Jan/Feb, but since this has just been released and you can play it on Playstation Home, haven't seen anyone mention it on here yet!

Has anyone played it? I gave it a go and while there isn't really much you can do (only 2 tracks and one ship type for free at the time i was playing) for a game in Home the physics isn't too bad, it feels a little like Wipeout Fusion, very drifty, very fun once you get the knack of it.

And ofcourse, there's some love from Sony in the direction of Tim Wright for once, as there's a Cold Storage track featured in the game, could be more but I didn't play the game for too long. Good to see his work showing up in games, hopefully he'll get a nod for Wipeout 2048!

slimjim
21st June 2011, 03:28 PM
i was in the test for it .. there is a multiplayer bit added since its been released

FatScarf
21st June 2011, 04:00 PM
just been playing a bit more and it seems he has a few tracks on there, On the Edge of Displacement is my current favourite :)

yeah the multiplayers not bad.. hope they add more tracks and that single player Arcade mode soon, playing time trial on the same 2 tracks over and over gets a bit boring, but still a fun game considering its free

JABBERJAW
21st June 2011, 06:25 PM
didn't really like it, the turning was very weird

yawnstretch
26th June 2011, 02:28 PM
Liked this a lot.

It feels like it's in its infancy but there's a lot of potential here. I'm not sure how I feel about having to buy stuff and tinker with the ships but maybe I can get someone else to do that for me (mechanic employees like the shop employees)?

Very exciting project. Has a raw feeling to it that reminds me of the original wipeout. Tims music definitely adds to it!

Medusa
26th June 2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah I definitley liked the CoLD SToRAGE tune. The game...not so much.
The way they have upgrades only available to be bought at the PS Store made my skin crawl. Imagine if this were a test for future WipEouts! :cold

The handling was very, very odd. A hundred times worse than WO1 Qirex! Neat atmosphere though, sort of Fusion-like with HD Zone mode's neon track lines. I love the game being blended right in with Home, so you see the avatars standing in the Home Space before you race. That is pretty cool.

Major feature was racing the ghosts of your friends' best times. Racing Asa when he's not even online was pretty cool.

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2011, 03:57 PM
Easily one of the five worst future racers I've played in its current state.

"1000 mph" feels like 60 in Gran Turismo 5. Sloppy handling. Average graphics. Can't actually unlock most of your upgrades without paying for them in real cash. Right now its' only redeeming quality is the two CS songs, and that's about it!

slimjim
3rd July 2011, 04:37 PM
most of the unlocks are the same no matter if they are paid for in real cash or game credits

FirstDave
3rd July 2011, 04:50 PM
I didnt like it that much but it did look like it could evolve into something but i see it this way.If games play like the wipeout genre then they have to be better than wipeout otherwise i doubt i would ever play it as i would rather play the best available and i cant honestly see anyone producing anything better than Wo right now or the near future for that matter.

Dave.:)

RJ O'Connell
14th July 2011, 04:58 PM
It can only go up from where it is right now, which is a slow, boring game with shoddy handling and bland graphics.

Crap games like this oversaturated the future racing market for several years and that's why we don't see many new ones these days.

leungbok
14th July 2011, 06:32 PM
For a free game it's not that bad ! Here's a race with a fully upgraded ship !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYDgbapsqi4