PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout changed my life.

ShemMusic
8th April 2011, 11:08 AM
Hey there guys, long time no see:)

I've decided to post here because a long time member of WZ found me on YT and it really brought back some memories:)

The reason I'm saying this is that Wipeout actually shaped my musical taste and turned me to music production. Years later I'm a full time music producer, signed to plenty of labels, I've had gigs all around the world and I've had plenty of releases too.

To be honest I would never suspect that this game, its soundtrack would influence me that much. But it's happening right now. It remains a significant influence on what I produce and I have tons of fun doing it. Who wouldn't want to be doing what they want and getting paid for it?

There's a lesson in all of this: If you're passionate about something, please for the love of god, pursue it!

I just wanted to say that and if you want to check out my stuff: here's the first place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0yX2LwAW8

and something fitting wipeout more:) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbraoev7Xk

That is all, have a nice day:)

infoxicated
8th April 2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for sharing - it's changed my life over the last decade or so, too! :)

ShemMusic
8th April 2011, 11:15 AM
The powah of the Wipe and Out :)

PS. Glad to see you again Foxy:)

OBH
8th April 2011, 12:35 PM
Shem was a WZ member!? :g Get in! Apparently at least 1 of the Noisia boys are big, big WO fans too. (No surprise seeing as they've made tunes for at least 2 of the games). Wonder if they've ever secretly snuck in here too.

Your Beastie Boys Sabotage bootleg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRrgEwJOn8&feature=channel_video_title) and Monster Truck are big tunes. Good choice on the twsited metal pic too! :beer

runingman111
8th April 2011, 01:16 PM
Yes - aaaaaaaaamazing shem, pure emotion, your music is great :clap - respect - think you're a real cool guy - wipeout changes everything thats true - live your life - yes hard sometimes - heavy to reach the top - look behind and remember only positve things and never forget where you came from - and yes i found your music before i read this i love it - yet i have a chance to write theese words / "Bring it" shem "Your troubles are over" / Good luck

ShemMusic
8th April 2011, 06:32 PM
Wow, I'm surprised you guys know me by my music and not from WZ :)

About Noisia being fans of Wipeout, I kind of suspected they're into W'O (I think it's Thijs, really...) but I'll make sure of that once we get a gig together, I'll get that info from them:)
In fact, a lot of my producer friends are into futuristic imagery, just listen to Xilent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yOnoGi7Vwk), I really hope one of his tracks gets into the next Wipeout, cause he's been dropping nothing but bombs lately.

@runningman111
Yes, that is absolutely true. The amazing things you were subjected to earlier on shape you in a way and I don't think there's anything better than that. Once you find your way to go (if we're going philosophical on this...) you must work on it, because you're lucky enough you've found it in the first place. I've had my ups and downs, many times I've said to myself that I should really give up on what I love to do, but in the end it all boiled down to being stuck in a job I hate and wishing I'd have time to do what I really want. It is hard, but it's really worth it :)

Xpand
8th April 2011, 06:55 PM
It made me want to take on a course in engineering physics.

Colonel
9th April 2011, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to say that and if you want to check out my stuff: here's the first place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0yX2LwAW8

and something fitting wipeout more:) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbraoev7Xk

That is all, have a nice day:)

**** me, both of those tunes are incredible. Not the sort of stuff I usually listen to but really really good. Nice one. :clap

Oryx Crake
9th April 2011, 11:52 AM
woah woah woah... you're shem?! had you in my wo playlist for like 3 months now awesome stuff man :g

Cyberio
9th April 2011, 12:35 PM
WipEout approached me to the wonderful world of Drum n' Bass.
And some of Breakbeat too.

stin
9th April 2011, 04:08 PM
Hi shem, long time no hear, I yet to hear your music but I still listen from your nine inch nails and the rest of your music from my play list ;)

stevie:)

ShemMusic
9th April 2011, 07:54 PM
woah woah woah... you're shem?! had you in my wo playlist for like 3 months now awesome stuff man :g

Yes sir, that's me:)

@ Stin
Hey there Stin, indeed a long time! Glad to see you again:)

On a different note, I'm applying for a 'sound designer/in-studio music producer' for a certain game developer, we'll see how it goes ;) Also, expect more of my tracks very soon!

@ Cyberio
Yes, it did the same to me, once you're hooked there's no turning back!

OBH
10th April 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm applying for a 'sound designer/in-studio music producer' for a certain game developer, we'll see how it goes ;)

Awesome :)
Pity I have the same musical prowess as a concrete block, as I've gotten older I've realised how awesome making music scores for films/games would be as a job. Clint Mansell style :beer

Medusa
10th April 2011, 08:31 PM
LOL about time you showed up Shem :) I love how I never know what I'll find on YT. Some things are much better than others though!

All roads lead to WipEout, all roads lead from WipEout.

ShemMusic
11th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Awesome :)
Pity I have the same musical prowess as a concrete block, as I've gotten older I've realised how awesome making music scores for films/games would be as a job. Clint Mansell style :beer

It's all good except deadlines, they either force you to be creative of make you create utter crap, it's a double edged sword, .... very.... very dangerous haha.
Props for mentioning Clint Mansell, his Moon O.S.T. is simply amazing!

@ Medusa:

It was YOU who got me here, don't play the innocent one:)

Colonel
11th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Clint Mansell style :beer

Edit. Sorry, my post was more relevant in another thread.

OBH
12th April 2011, 07:26 AM
Props for mentioning Clint Mansell, his Moon O.S.T. is simply amazing!
The opening theme tune had me drawn to this film right from the start :) hypnotic!

The Fountain has an incredible soundtrack too :g

Colonel
12th April 2011, 08:02 AM
Ha I forgot he did the Moon score. Just downloaded The Fountain score the other day, amazing.

OBH
12th April 2011, 01:09 PM
Love the youtube video of "Death is the Road to Awe " - 6,978 likes, 59 dislikes - and a classic comment saying "Hans Zimmer has made 59 profiles to dislike this I see?" :g:+ Awesome.