PDA

View Full Version : where is YOUR happy place??

MyNameIsBom
4th April 2011, 08:30 AM
deleted

ion harvest
4th April 2011, 06:52 PM
Hey Bom. I am sorry we got off to a bad start. I was in a bad mood and just picked on you. In that way I thin u taught me that nobody I perfect and we all make mistakes because of bad judgments.

It makes me smile a bit that u like wipeoutzone so much that its your happy place. But I am also sure that if you dig deeper, you will discover that there are many happy places really. Childhood is the happiest place of all. I grew up a bit quickly coz I did not bother with college and got a job at 16. Seeing my mates talking about college and uni stuff made me feel like I was missing out and that. I could not really enjoy myself around them as freely becoz we started to slowly grow apart. They all have careers now and I work as a window cleaner. Our lives are very different but we still keep in touch. Kindof sad really but I got used to it. I am in my mid twentys now.

But going back to why I choos childhood is because I had no worry of bills and debts. These things are scary and destroy dreams. Real dreams. And that is why childhood is my happy place. When I around my nephew and nieces I am ALWAYS happy. :)

Autechom
4th April 2011, 07:03 PM
Thinking back:
- a part of a coast in the middle of VietNam
- my last apartement with a very good friend of mine...funny times
- home
- Singapore
- Akihabara
- in generell standing in front of an ocean

But I can understand that being "in" a game can be wonderful as well. Playing Wipeout is always part of my childhood and will ever be. So, in a way, it continues living on in me when I again decide to visit again 2097. Or I could mention places of Final Fanatasy X or Mass Effect. Not reality, but I remember how wonderful it is to just drift away from reality into these alternative state of beings. No, I am not a geek who plays 30 hours WoW a day. I donĀ“t play these kind of games at all.

mdhay
4th April 2011, 07:06 PM
I don't have one. Having a place for happiness implies that you cannot be anywhere else. :g

SaturnReturn
4th April 2011, 10:12 PM
No it doesn't - I have an oven and a dining table but I can still go out for curry. :P

ion harvest
4th April 2011, 10:18 PM
Good point.

MyNameIsBom
5th April 2011, 05:27 AM
deleted

MetaKraken
7th April 2011, 02:13 PM
My happy places are known as:

-Being able to learn japanese
-Went on a trip
-Playing the Dreamcast
-Playing PS1 games on my PS3 to bring back childhood memories

SaturnReturn
7th April 2011, 09:33 PM
My actual specific happy place generally involves my bed and music, either:

1. Sitting on my bed with headphones on listening to music, with the window open, the fresh smell of flowers/pollen blowing in gently, and a prime view of the cat who's lazing around on the garage roof out the back of the house.

2. Same as above but taking a nap with music coming through my laptop's tinny speakers (and not staring at the cat).

Also anything that involves gentle sunshine, lazing around and staring blankly at the sky, horizon, wildlife, etc.

I suppose my happy place is also any place where I can empty my mind of all the stuff that usually worries me.

Nutcase:259
7th April 2011, 10:08 PM
If i said the pub will people judge me? :lol

dunno really, i really like the Greek island Kefalonia, the people there are just nice and more laid back

WolfKill01
7th April 2011, 10:11 PM
I'm happy all the time but the place where I'm most comfortble is alone in my car perched on a grassy hill somewhere munchin' on a taco (or burrito depending on what the situation calls for) XD

DreamyElf
14th April 2011, 02:24 PM
If i said the pub will people judge me? :lol

dunno really, i really like the Greek island Kefalonia, the people there are just nice and more laid back
This is our moto here in Greece Nut: "take it slow and relax" ;)

actually,like you, i'm happy when i go out out for a coffee or beer with my friends and enjoy the good weather (and women^^).

DJ Techno
15th April 2011, 06:47 PM
Let's see....

At a time I was driving all over Columbia. And in and out of the state.

The happy place then was driving out of the capital to Charleston, charlotte, coco beach, Atlanta, orangeburg, myrtle beach and more.

Driving out of the capital or around the capital.
Friday night street races.
Friday, Saturday, and Wednesday night dj shows, local djs, n some metal bands.

Workout at nights and burn rubber at night at close to same time the sun rises.

MegaGeeza22
16th April 2011, 01:16 PM
My happy place is in the arms of my new girlfriend.... :D

IndoorSnowStorm
17th April 2011, 05:43 PM
@MegaGeeza
:clap

Is it possible to have a happy place that you've never been to before? If so, mine would be the city of Seattle. I've been to pretty much every other big city in the US: Boston, Chicago, New York, Detroit, Dallas, Austin, Orlando, and LA. But Seattle has something that the others don't seem to have, but I really can't name what it is. Something just wants to make me live there forever.

Xpand
17th April 2011, 05:50 PM
Flying my RC plane in our "airfield" here:

You only hear the sound of the sea behind those dunes and the wind, when no planes are in the air...

DJ Techno
29th April 2011, 06:25 AM
Another happy place

Sex, the raves or any dance place with electronic dance and salsa, and out of Columbia.