PDA

View Full Version : Which of these do you own?

MyNameIsBom
1st April 2011, 11:07 PM
deleted

KGB
2nd April 2011, 09:37 AM
What a geek I am, I've owned all of them at some point :g

OBH
2nd April 2011, 10:26 AM
All except the phones.
I dont really care much for phones. Just needs to ring, text, survive a million clumsy drops, and be able to stay on for weeks on end cos i NEVER charge them.

God bless old phones :)

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd April 2011, 11:07 AM
so far everyone has voted has a Ps3 except me :(

That's because it's a Wipeout forum and Wipeout HD is the most popular game on here. ;)

Nutcase:259
2nd April 2011, 11:19 AM
no walkman option? im too old skool for you :P

well not really its the 2007 mp3 player :lol came with rocking headphones :rock

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd April 2011, 11:22 AM
Cassette, or are you into all this new laser disc nonsense? :D

2nd April 2011, 11:27 AM
i wish. ive got a whole tonne of cassets that i cant use anymore :(
lets party like its 1997!

but im afraid it being a new walkman its all this digital mp3 nonsense. not even disc, all ones and zeros :lol

MetaKraken
2nd April 2011, 04:44 PM
Well, I own a PC/laptop, PSP, PS2 PSP and Dreamcast (weird how the Dreamcast doesn't count on the votes...).

Flint Fandango
2nd April 2011, 04:57 PM
I own a PC (7 years old), a plain cell phone, a PS2 with only two games and a PSP with two games (nothing but WipEout, of course ;)).
That´s all I need, I have neither interest nor enough money to keep up with the steady developments...

Medusa
2nd April 2011, 05:31 PM
I've always avoided smartphones...until just recently, when I got a Nokia N8. Literally the coolest gadget I own, the only way it isn't superior to the iPhone is that it's apps are limited due to 3rd party Symbian support.
But it has a 12 MP camera/720p hd video, plus plus plus.

And LOL I thought there'd be this 58 option poll with all the WipEout consoles on it...PSX, Saturn, and on and on...

Autechom
2nd April 2011, 06:32 PM
Laptop, PS 2, Xbox 360, DS, PSP (just because of Wipeout), PS 3 (just because of Wipeout :))

MyNameIsBom
2nd April 2011, 09:39 PM
deleted

SaturnReturn
2nd April 2011, 10:20 PM
Says the guy who desperately wants a PS3 but also threw his PSP (an excellent purveyor of WipEout goodness) against a wall and broke it? :rolleyes:

You need a bit of context/perspective here Bom - most people with lots of nice shiny stuff have been working their buttskis off to earn the cash to pay for it, and therefore will no doubt appreciate it. But I don't see luck in the things I have, I see the work I put in to earn them, and the work my parents put into giving me the chance to earn them.

God bless old phones :)

Straight up! One of these plus a solid separate mp3 player is all I need:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Ericsson_K750

The sheer power of the new smart phones really impresses me, but I could never justify the contract cover to get the best use out of one. Having a camera all the time is really handy though - it makes data gathering a lot easier as an engineer when on site. Not a fan of people who use their phones to take photos of every non-event though. Does my head in a bit that.

DJ Techno
2nd April 2011, 11:08 PM
no walkman option? im too old skool for you :P

well not really its the 2007 mp3 player :lol came with rocking headphones :rock

Wow.. walkman was retired after I graduated high school in 2002.

No wait... they retired after 2000.

My last one I bought was between Sony, Pioneer, and the nickname King K.

So what... in this chart. I have all those things. Minus a ds. But oh well Including the not even allowed to play in my home. Xbox Consoles.

The forbidden consoles and more.

But everything on that chart is in my home.
No reward?
No prize?

Well I'll sell to someone all of it for 10 thousand.

SaturnReturn
2nd April 2011, 11:23 PM
I remember Walkmans. I wanted one for years, and by the time I finally got one, mini-discs suddenly came along and made them look feeble, and then MP3 players were hot on their tails. I only threw my Walkman out about two weeks ago though.

2nd April 2011, 11:51 PM
I bought the Walkman as it was at that point cheaper than Ipod nano, held 16GB, has better sound quality & came with free 40 quid awsome in ear head phones. a total workhorse. the screens starting to dislodge itself but it still plays better than anything else on the market ATM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Walkman-NWZ-S638FB-Video-Player/dp/B001FB56OI/ref=sr_1_59?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1301788101&sr=1-59
same 1 but 16GB . honestly if your gonna get a new MP3player you should definatly consider buying end of stock ones, basically the same as new generations but cheaper. New Ipod's are a total rip in comparison

SaturnReturn
2nd April 2011, 11:55 PM
Ha, OK. I missed the bit where you were talking about a walkman MP3 player. I was talking about a cassette player. xD

3rd April 2011, 12:02 AM
Aww you said you threw out your old ones. id love a Cassette player, all my original albums are cassette form, :(

got vinyls too but nothing to play them on. portable turntable anyone? :lol
walking down the street with a portable turntable would be a new level of badass

infoxicated
3rd April 2011, 08:42 AM
All that's shows me is that you guys is pretty lucky :) you all should appreciate what you have
No it doesn't.

For me it just shows that I work hard to make a good living and I'm able to afford to buy myself and my family nice things. Luck has little to do with it.

Starting a thread on the basis of finding out what materialistic possessions people have acquired, then saying you hope they appreciate them is pretty condescending. I wonder how many folk would have answered your survey if they'd known it was going to come down to that?

With regard to the survey itself, you should maybe have had an option for non-Apple music & media players. I'll never own an Apple product - for me it's Anything But iPod (http://anythingbutipod.com/).

MyNameIsBom
3rd April 2011, 09:37 AM
deleted

ion harvest
3rd April 2011, 10:11 AM
MyNameIsBom. You need to stop airing your laundry on this international community. Not trying to be bad mate but reading some of the crap you write makes me want to slap you and say "WTF You think I care?" . What you need t understand is that this is a gaming forum and not an agony aunt website. No bullshit man but when I see you post something its always about you not having a ps3.

Stop complaining. I got a shitty job as a windowcleaner but I managed to save my penny up for my ps3. My parents are poor. But I don't see that as a negative. Love is what reall counts. Instead of demanding a ps3 of your parents why don't you try earning one. And start by earning their trust coz the way they must feel after u broke your psp by mashing it into a wall. Lol. Bad move.

MyNameIsBom
4th April 2011, 05:32 AM
deleted

MyNameIsBom
4th April 2011, 05:38 AM
deleted

KGB
4th April 2011, 07:57 AM
Do you have Child Line in your country Bom. Give them a ring mate. It sounds like you have some major problems, not having a PS3 being the least.

Dark_Phantom_89
4th April 2011, 08:06 AM
KGB is right Bom - those people will be able to help you out.

Life always throws obstacles at us, but we have to try and get through it and move on, however hard it may seem. I've had moments of sadness before and although it doesn't seem like it at the time, things are likely to get better.

You don't need to be so self-conscious either Bom. Nobody "hates" you at all. You're already accepted in this community.

MyNameIsBom
4th April 2011, 08:10 AM
deleted

Dark_Phantom_89
4th April 2011, 08:12 AM
Read my previous post Bom. You need to stop worrying about what you're doing to the forum, because you're not causing any trouble at all. You should have seen some of the stuff that used to happen on WZ, now that was trouble.

MyNameIsBom
4th April 2011, 08:19 AM
deleted

DJ Techno
4th April 2011, 11:38 PM
No it doesn't.

For me it just shows that I work hard to make a good living and I'm able to afford to buy myself and my family nice things. Luck has little to do with it.

Starting a thread on the basis of finding out what materialistic possessions people have acquired, then saying you hope they appreciate them is pretty condescending. I wonder how many folk would have answered your survey if they'd known it was going to come down to that?

With regard to the survey itself, you should maybe have had an option for non-Apple music & media players. I'll never own an Apple product - for me it's Anything But iPod (http://anythingbutipod.com/).

give him a break. He did this out his own knowledge.

Plus I own a piece of Apple. Which is on my forbidden list like that Xbox.

Good you won't ever own a Apple product.

I never purchased for any of my Apple and Xbox products. I might own them. But money never swapped hands for them. So uncles bill gates n Steve jobs only got some money from me.

Oh wait. I never paid for Windows Seven. But uncle gates still got money off me.

Well for the pole u did born.

I was happy to say about my stuff.
I would still sell it all for ten grand. But

The ps3, psp pal and psp ntsc are not normal devices like some on this board have.

I would sell my terabyte drive holding laptop. And i own that n put the work into making it good.

Damn sure sell the forbidden to run n operate in my home. Xbox consoles.

Take a breather Born. For now your ok with me. For now.

MyNameIsBom
5th April 2011, 05:15 AM
deleted

DJ Techno
6th April 2011, 01:07 AM
Five hundred bucks...

Backwords compatable movie,game, internet, close to a terabyte harddrive.
It's from the last model of the systems in 2007. The year I almost had one but instead bought a lemon 240 SX.

That's american 500 hundred. With the correct harddrive that is now put into it. Controller. Updates. Updated and my information, music, movies downloaded and payable removed. Yeah u might get my ps3 but none of the music, movies, and already paid for downloaded games.

Aeroracer
6th April 2011, 01:09 AM
i needed a new smart phone was devastated that i may have to get a crappy apple phone until i idscovered dell streak..wow now thats a smart phone.well its basically a laptop that u can use as a phone..and every app is free and as good as or in most cases better than the pay ones from apple..and best thing is i an change the batterey..:p

Medusa
6th April 2011, 01:33 PM
I wonder how many people actually get a decent amount of use out of the things they've worked their behinds off to buy. Right now, I'm positive that only my PC and N8 fit into this category, and that's because I only have a cell phone, no landline.

DJ Techno
8th April 2011, 02:19 AM
i needed a new smart phone was devastated that i may have to get a crappy apple phone until i idscovered dell streak..wow now thats a smart phone.well its basically a laptop that u can use as a phone..and every app is free and as good as or in most cases better than the pay ones from apple..and best thing is i an change the batterey..:p

aww you got apple

if u had sprint.

i give u one of my evos...

im trying to sell the other three i have. haha

oh and medu, about people working their butt off to earn these things and worked their butt off on the things they spent.

something people just need to still learn is to wait for the prices to go down and get them things. its a lot easier and save ya a couple hundred or fifty bucks.

stop buying things when it comes right out that day.

use coupons, saving discounts etc.

you work your butt off and forget about the things that matter and go for the now and take your spent and burned money on new new.
wait till its been a while for the new new. so its called new, somewhat new, and well its been out now for six months or so. now get it.

trust me. i do this.

i used most of my things to the fullest and what i paid for it. and that amount of things i paid for.
has changed from a big to almost like i didn't pay a dime.

the terabyte drive stuff holds so much, that i need another terabyte for the rest of it lol.

and if you contacted your cell phone company about turning your cell phone into a wifi or internet producing device to get you internet any where whit your phone.
well if they do that.

you wouldn't need a land line at the home!