PDA

View Full Version : New PSP and New Version of Wipeout?

Rapier Racer
18th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Been a little busy these days not been around here so much, took a look don't see this mentioned anywhere I does apologise if it has been.

In this months Playstation mag theres a section all about the PSP2 and its various features, it also mentions a few games most notibly it claims the console will be getting a new version of Wipeout?

Exactly what that means could be left open to interpretation a new game or a port of sorts of an existing one? I only wonder since they claim the PSP2 is apparently capable of playing toned down PS3 games...

Darkdrium777
18th March 2011, 03:28 PM
NGP will run WipEout HD Fury as it is right now without any changes done to the engine or assets (As they claim) at it's native resolution with a 60 Hz refresh rate.

It's not a new game, it's a direct port.

MyNameIsBom
18th March 2011, 11:18 PM
deleted

blackwiggle
19th March 2011, 04:03 AM
If the initial price of the GO! at release is any guide to what the price of the NGP might be [the GO! was AUS$450 on release], well I think it would be safe to assume that a slim PS3 with the smallest current sized HD [160 gig ] might actually be around the same price, if not cheaper, mainly due to the difference in quantities manufactured of each and the demand for the NGP.

From what I'm reading at Playstation forums the NGP seems to be getting pretty much the same sort of response the GO! got, which is :-
It's pretty obvious that response is mainly based on the price, which has recently been reported to be approx US$250 for the Wi-Fi version and US$350 for the 3G version, which with conversion to "your being ripped off again in Aus/NZ prices" does put the 3G version at around the Aus$440-500 NZ$600-680.
I see EB games NZ has a 160G PS3 for $576, bit of a no brainer which to opt for really if these prices turn out to be correct.