PDA

View Full Version : RockSmith - Guitar game that uses real guitars !!!

blackwiggle
15th March 2011, 11:29 PM
I always wondered why people bothered spending countless hours trying to mimic any particular guitarist perfectly using one of those guitar controllers, I mean they are as far away from a real guitar as you can get, if you had spent as much time practicing on a real guitar you might actually be able to play it for real.
Seems that others have been thinking the same way, I'm actually kind of surprised that it's taken as long as it has to come to fruition.

RockSmith
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/15/ubisoft-announces-rocksmith-a-rhythm-game-that-uses-real-guitar/

It's says it's only rhythm guitar parts at the moment, I suppose depending on the way they do the conversion of electrical signal from the guitar into the console and picked up by the game will determine if solo pieces will be able to be played as well.

One for any budding guitarist to keep an eye out for anyway, it could be huge if done well. 8)

SaturnReturn
16th March 2011, 12:07 AM
Iiiiiiiiiinteressssssssssssting. Will look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Medusa
17th March 2011, 02:32 AM
I was intrigued by this when I heard about it as well. I have no technique and just mess around, so something that forces structure of any kind into my practice would be awesome.

Just think how many crazily skilled guitarists we'd have in the world if Rock Band had this setup!

Oh, and I'm sorry, but trying to take a sexy axe photo with it plugged into an XBOX instead of a full Orange stack is just wrong.

DJ Techno
17th March 2011, 04:03 AM
hmmm trying to beat guitar hero and rock band?

BulletWraith
17th March 2011, 11:06 PM
I don't think it will have any trouble beating guitar hero

Nutcase:259
18th March 2011, 06:33 PM
if they have bass functionality that'd be awsome,
don't wanna have to use my electric guitar as the only one i have is hand made of mahogany and weighs a ****ing tonne (my bass is practically weightless by comparison :lol)

anywho it should be good for practising, look forward to seeing more of this :+

blackwiggle
19th March 2011, 06:04 AM
I know what you mean about heavy guitars Nutcase.
My old 78 Gibson ES347 weights around 9.5-10lbs, about the same as a Les Paul Custom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-t15gaGBqs&feature=related
It can put my leg to sleep in minutes if resting on it as the body is quite thinner than a Les Paul, and taking the full weight wearing a strap is pretty much out of the question as well since I broke my collar bones badly, my fretting arm just gets pins & needles within moments, I have to use a combination of the both.
It pretty much sits in it's case unused now days because of the discomfort unfortunately.

I've got a lovely medium sized bodied K.Yari acoustic/electric that is both light and very easy to play, so that gets the most use.
Plus a Strat copy, and another Strat that's a uncompleted project [intended to make a 5 string open D tuned Strat like Keef's ]:redface::rolleyes: