PDA

View Full Version : PS3 online servers down for planned maintenance

MetaKraken
9th March 2011, 05:13 PM
Well, the servers for online multiplayer (all online games, yes) are down, meaning you cannot play any PS3 games that has online multiplayer feature. Has this ever happened to you guys? I was unable to access through the PS Store, nor am I able to play online in any games with online feature. I hope Sony can resolve this issue. :|

Darkdrium777
9th March 2011, 05:14 PM
*cough* (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/09/playstation-network-maintenance-for-11-hours-today/)

slow-train
9th March 2011, 05:23 PM
can still get online with gt5 but not wipeout dam now i lost my gt5 connection too!!

MetaKraken
9th March 2011, 05:25 PM
@Darkdrium: I see. Ah well, might as well wait then.

Nutcase:259
9th March 2011, 06:32 PM
it would have been nice if they could tell you what was happening and what it was they were/are doing instead of presenting you with an error code of seemingly randomly generated numbers.

cloud stuff is nice i suppose. to bad its only for PS+ users :/

blackwiggle
9th March 2011, 09:12 PM
They do post System Down time notices at the Offical Playstation forums.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements-Community-Events/PSN-Scheduled-Maintenance-10-03-2011/td-p/12511038

There has been one posted about this down time since last week, it won't be up again till around 2-3pm Sydney time.
It's a combination of things to do with the PS+ cloud storage, PStore security and the console being hacked/jailbreak dongle use, and installing the basic framework of Playstation Rewards system that is supposedly coming with the next system update.

DJ Techno
9th March 2011, 11:15 PM
Well, the servers for online multiplayer (all online games, yes) are down, meaning you cannot play any PS3 games that has online multiplayer feature. Has this ever happened to you guys? I was unable to access through the PS Store, nor am I able to play online in any games with online feature. I hope Sony can resolve this issue. :|

What u talking about.

Their working for me and still working

Might just be for your side of the world.

MetaKraken
10th March 2011, 12:11 AM
@DJ Techno: It's fixed now.

icarasDragon
10th March 2011, 03:56 AM
You know what else they should they be working on for the next update?
A GOOD BROWSER
Serioulsy I'm not content with this netfront crap while PHONES have atleast Firefox Moblie :blarg

PS: I changed my account name to dracoTechnlgst if your wondering why DialgiX isn't online in the PSN any more

DJ Techno
17th March 2011, 04:04 AM
hey...

as long as anything you use through playstation is free. beside being a playstation pro user and spending so much a year for other extra stuff.

Then Playstation is...

still better than Xbox on online gaming.

and not having to pay for Shooting you in the head on Killzone or Wipeout HD racing!