PDA

View Full Version : Free PSN codes/Microsoft points/Wii points = Fake or True?

MetaKraken
5th March 2011, 01:27 AM
I have seen numerous comments on YouTube and their comments says something about "Free PSN codes/Microsoft points/Wii points". I'm highly skeptical about those rumors and I have a feeling that they may be fake. I tried inputting the exact code from one of my friends' message about an encrypted PSN code. It did not worked, tried it out numerous times, no dice.

Has anyone else got those messages while playing PS3 (or any other consoles)? Are these types of codes fake or true?

Darkdrium777
5th March 2011, 01:29 AM
Fake.

Or they are real but generally more trouble than they are worth, like infesting your computer with adware.

OneAVGNFan
5th March 2011, 04:10 AM
I have recived these sort of spam only twice.

MegaGeeza22
5th March 2011, 07:00 AM
These messages are a nuisance!! I think we should make one...
"Hi this is Sony HQ and were giving away free lifesize models of your favourite Wipeout HD ship! if you would like a chance of winning your own fullsize model all you have to do is purchase Wipeout HD and reach lvl 50 to be put into the prize draw.... the runners up will get a days pass to any wipeout event! the lucky winners will be notified by a psn message! Good Luck!"
I bet at least 2 or 3 people will fall for it... check your inbox :g

OBH
5th March 2011, 07:59 PM
Think this is annoying? Try playing Fifa online; you get bombarded with messages after every game from people saying they can "duplicate your players" when the sneaky little bastards are just trying to rob them off you!!

As for these messages, I treat them just the same as any other message I receive online ----> DELETE! :beer

Colonel
5th March 2011, 10:15 PM
I've been lucky I think, not had any of these SPAM messages.

Medusa
7th March 2011, 01:19 AM
I think I got one in Russian. But as I can't read cyrillic characters and haven't bothered to check, I really don't know. It's kind of exciting having completely random Russians on your friends list, I think...if you can call it exciting.

mdhay
9th March 2011, 05:08 PM
Dosvadanye. :g

But seriously though, I've gotten a few of these messages before, they're not real. Sony/ MS/ Nintendo wouldn't do that.

tommyboy716
11th April 2011, 01:47 AM
Yes Fake Big time (Had my own experience with it to) In a Rant heres what it does (or most of the time) 1.You Receive a message saying you will get a free 1600 MS points ($20.00) and you will either have to go to a website or to a chat. IF website it will normally Have you either download something and run the appilication or go to a website and put in your password for PSN,Xbox Live,Etc. Congratulations! You have been Hacked! not only did you not get the 1600 MS points they have also stolen your account which can lead to Charges to your Credit Card! (YAY!) IF chat they will still ask you for a password and will still lead the same way! (Here's a way you can check to see if the website is Legit in someway type in an Absurd Username and password. If it says (Okay you should receive your MS points in about an hour. It is unlegit and you should report the IP address. If it requires you to download DON'T DO IT! if you have id suggest you disconnect your Internet and change your passwords through ANOTHER computer. Since what the download does it will Record your keys that you type in (Keyloggers) and send the Key logs to the Hackers email. if you follow this you should be able to tell whats legit and not.