PDA

View Full Version : I was bored the other day, so I made this...

Yoshitatsu
17th February 2011, 01:30 PM
...gonna sneak out at night and put it all over Berlin.

http://i.imgur.com/joYnX.jpg

stin
17th February 2011, 04:34 PM
Nice!!! but why that colour?

stevie:)

Flint Fandango
17th February 2011, 04:43 PM
You´ve made an exquisite template, so yes - you should definitely put it all over Berlin! 8)
My compliments, although I would have preferred Goteki45...;) If you could spray that all over Nuremberg, I would buy you a 1st class ticket!

Darkdrium777
17th February 2011, 04:53 PM
Nice!!! but why that colour?

stevie:)It's just the pattern. The colour can be anyone of the cans of paint. Spray paint on the pattern, take out the pattern and you've got the design on the wall.

The only thing I suggest is to respect the building you are painting on. Don't put this on doors and such for example. Also don't ruin the facade ;)

Yoshitatsu
17th February 2011, 05:11 PM
@ Flint Fandango:
Actually, I thought about making ALL of the team icons into a stencil. It's a bit tricky, 'cause most of the Team Logos are of a geometrical type, and you have to do a lot of math to get the ratio right on paper. This Icaras stencil for example took way longer than I expected, but it was fun and I'll definitely make some more in the future.

Flint Fandango
17th February 2011, 07:15 PM
That would be great!
I´m looking forward to see your newest creations, but take your time. Math was never my profession, also this template seemed like a lot of work indeed!
Great idea, nevertheless :clap

Colonel
17th February 2011, 07:32 PM
The only thing I suggest is to respect the building you are painting on. Don't put this on doors and such for example. Also don't ruin the facade ;)

Couldn't agree more. Why waste it on someone's door when you can cover their kitchen window with it? :guitar

SaturnReturn
17th February 2011, 11:50 PM
Is graffiti legal in Berlin or something? Or are there designated places for it?

Colonel
18th February 2011, 04:46 PM
Apparently it is legal, providing it's on domestic dwellings where the owner has not given their consent.

SaturnReturn
18th February 2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah, bit odd this thread. Are people really OK with the idea of going around defacing other people's property?. As much as I love Icaras, I'd be well pissed off if I finally managed to afford a house and someone graffiti'd it. Wouldn't be best pleased with it on public property that I effectively have to pay to be cleaned or replaced either.:?

I do like graffiti as an art form a bit though. There's something cool about it when it's done by talented folk on walls that are specially reserved for it. Some councils do provide small public areas for it. Very rare though.

Darkdrium777
18th February 2011, 11:17 PM
Yep, that's what I meant too Saturn. Unfortunately, I got these sarcastic responses.
Meh, fine go paint this on someone's house and ruin someone's day why don't you?

Colonel
19th February 2011, 02:18 AM
Jesus I was only kidding.

Yoshitatsu
19th February 2011, 04:01 PM
To clear things up: I am NOT going to spray this onto houses or other buildings who are owned by someone. I will spray it on public walls or abondoned buildings who r owned by no one.

R3BU5ER
19th February 2011, 04:16 PM
I'd say trash the S and U Bahn with it! :g
Always the best spots. :)

Medusa
19th February 2011, 05:31 PM
Yoshitatsu, is that you in the picture from Pure? You know, the image unlocked at Citta Nuova Flash...a bunch of guys scrambling off the track abandoning their spray cans in the process...LOL
I'm not big on graffiti when it's in unwanted places (nearly everywhere in this country), but I still can't help admiring the skill and beauty of some spectacular pieces...and if I saw that on the side of a train car, you bet I'd smile.

Aeroracer
20th February 2011, 07:34 PM
a tiny percentage of grafiti is very nice an artistic and appreciated by many but the most of it is garbage and as welcome as finding a rat dropping in your sunday roast.

grafiti and vandelism is a perfect reason why public flogging should be brought back to my country.just like it is used already in other country who do not have a problems with yob culture or society.

Yoshitatsu
21st February 2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, you must be fun at parties!

Medusa
21st February 2011, 01:28 PM
LOL I bet jasmin brings a whip along just in case the party gets too rowdy! ;)

Aeroracer
21st February 2011, 01:33 PM
yes thats right...i am fun at parties...:)

blackwiggle
22nd February 2011, 11:26 PM
You should do one for Triakis and then spray it on the back of a bus.

MegaGeeza22
23rd February 2011, 02:50 AM
LOL blackwiggle!!!
I think this is great! apart from a ruined vice city poster! if that is made from card i would of thought it would be worth a few bob?
anyway you can buy stencils and stuff in D.I.Y stores so its nothing bad! but i doubt they have an icaras one lol, good job... now try Qirex haha.