PDA

View Full Version : Retro gaming

infoxicated
6th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Just posting this as a heads up to fans of retro gaming - http://www.retrofusion.org.uk/ is a nice site dedicated to gaming from back in the day.

I can't say I play a lot of old games - sometimes there's just no going back, but I do remember my Spectrum & Amiga days with a lot of fondness, so it's good to see a site dedicated to that golden era.

Check it out. :)

mdhay
6th February 2011, 09:04 PM
Nice one, can't wait to play Battlezone and Galaga again. :hyper

Edit: Is there any way to play these?

XpanDrome2097
6th February 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm mainly a retrogamer and this makes me very happy :).
It's a lot of time that many ideas about a retrogaming thread screams around my head, you've advanced me, Rob :D.

My favourite consoles were Atari 2600, NES, Game Boy, Amiga and, especially, the first Playstation: am a great fan of all of them.

Tomahawk
10th February 2011, 07:27 AM
Nice one Rob, thanks for posting that link! I am one of those old farts who still think that the old amiga and SNES times were the best. I actually bought a SNES console and an old Gamecube console about 2 months ago to be able to play the old Zelda, Mariokart and Metroid games again.

Anyone knows about this site: www.abandonia.com ?
It' specialized in abandonware games (Moonstone anyone? :D) and there's some true gems from the old amiga and early pc era there and good help to get those old dos-games running on XP, linux or vista. Check it out!

XpanDrome2097
26th February 2011, 09:16 AM
Can we transform this thread into a "general retrogaming thread" or something similar :)?

Today, in the early morning, I've played on this Masterpiece:

"Agony" for Amiga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A09oDAALJc

I love it, great atmosphere and awesome game :D!

...am also a great fan of Castlevania too!

MetaKraken
26th February 2011, 12:30 PM
I love retro games, which is one of the reason why I play Dreamcast games. :'D

JABBERJAW
26th February 2011, 04:26 PM
I am not sure if the dreamcast is quite retro yet :) But it was an awesome system, I think EA screwed them by not releasing their sports games. I still play Blitz, hydrothunder, and nhl hitz on it.