PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Official App

KGB
11th January 2011, 04:46 PM
Anyone downloaded this (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/11/the-playstation-official-app-now-available-for-download/comment-page-1/#comments) It looks great but slow as hell. It would be great to have PSN messaging on it. Organising the Cup would be a doddle, no more diving on to the PS3 for a brief look at your messages while there's no one in the room. Maybe they will add it later.

SaturnReturn
11th January 2011, 05:35 PM
I'm baffled by this a bit. We can't check our messages from a PC, as far as I know, but can if we're willing to spend hundreds of pounds on a phone we don't need? Helpful.

Having said that, I seem to be the only person on my train without an iPhone, so for everyone except me I suppose it makes sense. Stupid other people.:mad:

Challenger #001
11th January 2011, 06:26 PM
Downloading it now. ;)

gnesta_93
11th January 2011, 06:54 PM
+1 for SaturnReturn's post.

KGB
11th January 2011, 07:00 PM
I haven't got an iPhone either, just the scummy iPod touch ;) It could be a great little app if they add the messages thing and get rid of a few problems

Rapier Racer
11th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Wasn't interested in the iphone bandwagon myself. I got the app for my X10 :g

Temet
11th January 2011, 09:38 PM
Having said that, I seem to be the only person on my train without an iPhone, so for everyone except me I suppose it makes sense. Stupid other people.:mad:

I have a HTC Hero (old) Androphone and I installed the app from Android Market :)
Nice but slow, no messaging ;)

Oryx Crake
11th January 2011, 09:57 PM
I do have an iphone and I despise it... allthough to be fair I have an old vanilla iphone 3g (not the 3gS) that I got because I got a sweet deal on it (basically just had to keep my old er... whats the word? contract?) anyways I have the app in question and it's so slow I cant even be bothered to turn it on.... I hate my phone and I want a new one, and not necisarily an iphone.

infoxicated
13th January 2011, 09:21 AM
I got it for my Desire Z the other day and it's a bit disappointing. It doesn't remember your sign-in and it doesn't really display any useful information other than which of your friends are online. Plus it's horrendously slow.

Bit of a weak effort, really - I do hope they improve it.

amplificated
13th January 2011, 11:15 AM
What's with Sony and slow software, I would've thought they'd taken the hint by now -_-

mikrucio
13th January 2011, 11:19 AM
I cant find it on the AUS iphone app store??

amplificated
13th January 2011, 11:39 AM
It's not out here yet, I don't think anything has been said except "it will be released later".