PDA

View Full Version : Cheats...

MegaGeeza22
10th December 2010, 05:41 PM
Do you remember the days of the cheat books? i remember going to my local newsagent and buying the latest playstation magazine to get the all new cheat books and tips! i used to sit in front of my ps1 and 2 going through all my games with a cheat book in hand... from the invincibility cheat on doom to the 'spawn a hydra on gta san andreas! Did you ever use a cheat book to help you complete a game or was it just for kicks? or are you the secret one... "i never use cheats" lol. what cheats/secrets were your favourites?
Today with ps3 i dont think there are cheats anymore except that you can find the "hidden trophys" online which isnt really cheating... it is good that cheats have gone i must say, but i do miss the big head modes lol.:D

Temet
10th December 2010, 06:30 PM
Of course I used cheats!
- SF2 versus mode on SNES : ↑ R ↓ L Y B
- Infinite energy on WO2097 : maintain (L1 R1 Select) during pause then ∆ X ▢ O ∆ X ▢ O

There also the machine gun in WO2097, or playing with animals.
The wipeout mode in F1 1997.
The turbo mode in Killer Instinct, or some hidden levels only reachable via maintaining some buttons during stage selection.

Well, cheats are cool as long as they are not used to competition to beat other people ;)

I still remember some passcode that were used before saves exists, such as 8442-4626-6155 to reach the final fortress in Megaman X ;)

Aeroracer
10th December 2010, 10:45 PM
cheating is ok provided its nothing to do with online..tropheys or other players as its only yourself involved.as most games are online or have tropheys they have stopped cheats modes now in many games.

MegaGeeza22
11th December 2010, 12:36 AM
Ahhh, yes F1 1997! I used to love that game with the wipeout cheats haha! an F1 car with no wheels... good stuff! and you could change the rain into frogs! how good would that look on F1 2011 lol blood and guts everywere!. Murray walkers commentary was the best... And its GO GO GO!!! haha sorry.
Cheating on ps1&2 was for laughs but today on ps3 its not cheating its hacking, and nobody likes a ps3 hacker... scum.
I think money cheats were the favourites, command and conquer was best i think for this. UNLIMITED TESLA COILS Mwa hahaha!:twisted

Mr Phlanj
11th December 2010, 05:55 AM
i always complete a game before using cheats unless im just messing around at a mates and i dont own the game.

the only cheat i can remember off by heart is for LOK:Soul Reaver 2. left, triangle, right, triangle, down, circle. X

F.E.I.S.A.R
11th December 2010, 06:00 AM
One of the most memorable ones for me is L,R,R,Left,Right,Square,Down,R.From GTA:Vice City Stories for PSP.
Then all vehicles go "kaboom!".

Temet
11th December 2010, 04:41 PM
the only cheat i can remember off by heart is for LOK:Soul Reaver 2. left, triangle, right, triangle, down, circle. X

And what did this cheat on this wonderfull (but quite hard) game ?

mdhay
11th December 2010, 04:58 PM
player.additem 0004240.
player.resethealth
Saved my arse in Fallout 3 many times. :g

Darkdrium777
11th December 2010, 06:25 PM
player.additem F 1000000000

You are now the richest man in Cyrodiil.

mdhay
11th December 2010, 10:43 PM
Ah yes, I loved that one as well.

BulletWraith
12th December 2010, 01:03 AM
my favorite was when I was playing GoldenEye007 at my mates and I knew the code to go invisible predator style in multiplayer:rock
it was really fun it until my 3 mates ganged up on me
well it was still fun actually, it was ***king GoldenEye in its heyday!

first and last time I used that cheat

MetaKraken
12th December 2010, 02:51 AM
I used to input cheat codes back then, but right after the release of PS3, I don't use cheats anymore. :P

Mr Phlanj
12th December 2010, 06:05 AM
And what did this cheat on this wonderfull (but quite hard) game ?

mate its badass you unlock videos of the voice actors doing some scences.

MegaGeeza22
12th December 2010, 07:06 AM
Goldeneye was a great game but as i was a ps fanboy i only played it at a friends and i would always get owned! but there was always constant laughter whilst we played lol.
PC cheats or mods are the best... i remember seeing the things you could do on san andreas! Like the back to the future car, bam margeras lambourgini... the list of mods were endless! but on vice city on ps the game glitched if you used to many cheats... the amount of bottomless holes i would fall down and sometimes everything would disappear apart from the cars and the people! i hope that there will be a gta anthology disc one day though! they could easily fit every gta apart from the latest one on a disc! but i would settle for doom at the moment! I have wolfenstien 3D but thats basic.

Hellfire_WZ
12th December 2010, 10:36 AM
idkfa

iddqd

Nuff said :)

mdhay
12th December 2010, 11:27 AM
I have to disagree, it makes no sense. :P

Darkdrium777
12th December 2010, 12:08 PM
loaded
god

G

Hold down Left Click

MONSTER KILL

Hellfire_WZ
12th December 2010, 11:02 PM
And of course, who could forget the classic:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

:P

SaturnReturn
12th December 2010, 11:12 PM
That's the one I couldn't remember. Never actually knew it from the original game, only after hearing about it on facebook and the way it does that bubbly thing with the screen. I expect hearing that is like blasphemy for many of the older gamers.:redface:

BulletWraith
12th December 2010, 11:12 PM
@Hellfire
yeh didn't that unlock the de bug mode in the palm pre when it was releasesd?

mdhay
13th December 2010, 09:04 AM
Hah, Steve from the Underdome Riot DLC trailer gets killed by it, it's unreal. :lol

MegaGeeza22
14th December 2010, 12:02 AM
Would it be classed as cheating if i got a friend to come over and help me achieve the platinum on wipeout?:twisted
im 1 second off the zico trophy but now i cant even keep up with my ghost! but i believe i deserve it for trying... maybe i will get that geeza to come round after all.

Darkdrium777
14th December 2010, 01:55 AM
Hah, Steve from the Underdome Riot DLC trailer gets killed by it, it's unreal. :lolWrong thread?

Flint Fandango
14th December 2010, 02:28 PM
Cheats are absolutely o.k., unless someone uses it in order to gain an advantage over other players. So I would never cheat in WipEout - not even in single player mode.
With one exception: If you type "RUSH" at the title-screen at WO 2097, you get freaky ship designs! That´s pretty cool! I could remember the code easily, because my absolute favorite band is also called RUSH!
In particularly unfair games, I consider it is my duty to cheat...
I call it justice! :banzai

mdhay
14th December 2010, 04:23 PM
Wrong thread?

He gets killed by the Konami Code in the trailer, which Hellfire posted.

DjM1zw1z
30th December 2010, 11:15 AM
I Remember the GTA cheat book, So many cheats...

Dark_Phantom_89
30th December 2010, 11:33 PM
I loved the days of the cheat books, kinda sad that they're gone now but I suppose that they have technically been replaced by something better and more efficient.

I loved completing PS1 games and then playing them again with the cheats enabled - was so funny at times seeing my indestructible character just walking through an onslaught of mines and gunfire. :lol

MegaGeeza22
2nd January 2011, 11:40 AM
I still have all my cheat books lol! Adidas power soccer used to have a good cheat, you could kick the ball and when the goalkeeper caught the ball he would fly into the back of the net with the football lol! i think that was a cheat...
Gta san andreas- in one of the many clothes shops you could aim your sniper rifle into a mirror and you could see the interior of a "secret" shop?? i spent hours trying to find it!! does anyone remember this? or did anyone manage to find this elusive shop?

mdhay
2nd January 2011, 01:20 PM
I have no idea, but me and my brother used to hold up a Burger Shot and the police would come in and act like hostages. xD We also found a crowbar in Area 51. ;)

MegaGeeza22
4th January 2011, 11:26 AM
Lol, i used to love holding up burger shot! i used to shoot the rozzers as they came in until there was a heap of bodys lol then fire a rocket launcher out the door and start a chain reaction of police cars blowing up! good fun!
I found a Cheat for Wipeout... it works, i used it to finish my arcade perfect! i only had sebenco climb to do. all those hours wasted and then i did it 1st time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbG29xVSyaM&feature=related

Shabaneu
20th January 2011, 10:20 AM
Anyone remember this one?

'G_saberrealisticcombat_1' ;)

MegaGeeza22
22nd January 2011, 09:19 AM
Iv never heard of "G_saberrealisticcombat_1" but it sounds like a starwars cheat?
i finally fixed my ps3!!! i can now play discs... so i thought id have a go on Modern Warfare 2 and its Glitched to f***, people can bring up an options menu in game and they can teleport everyone to stand in front of them, use invincibility, float/fly, infinite car packages you name it its there...
And to top it off they can send an on screen message to all players askin them to donate £10 to there paypal to purchase the hack!!

mdhay
22nd January 2011, 09:37 AM
Someone has killed TF2 on PS3, there's low gravity and everything now. :(