PDA

View Full Version : Worms 2: Armageddon On PSN!

Dark_Phantom_89
8th September 2010, 07:33 PM
This has just been released today and I'm so happy. I absolutely loved the original Worms Armageddon on the PS1 and always considered that to be the best one. I had countless hours of fun on that game.

Ever since I got my PS3, there have been two games that I've always wanted to be released - a PS3 WipEout (which happened) and a remake of Worms Armageddon but for the PS3.

It goes back to the good old 2D days of Worms (which IMO were the best,) and has an online mode too, so I'll be downloading this as soon as I get online.

Did anybody else like the Worms series? Perhaps we could have some online games some time? :hyper

EDIT: Oops, just realised I spelt "Armageddon" wrong on the title. Could it be changed?

Challenger #001
8th September 2010, 08:09 PM
OMG OMG OMG

Downloading now. :D Get ready for a Holy Hand Grenade up the bum, Phantom. >3

Dark_Phantom_89
8th September 2010, 08:11 PM
You're on ;) What's the file size out of interest Challenger?

mic-dk
8th September 2010, 08:40 PM
HAAAALELUJA! *BOOM* :lol

I've had a lot of fun with the Worms game that's been available for a while on PSN. How's Armageddon different?

Challenger #001
8th September 2010, 08:58 PM
271 MB, but at the speed I'm on at my parents' house, it'll take all night to download.

Whizawk
8th September 2010, 11:43 PM
I have worms 2007 on PS3 (the other one). I'm probably going to get Armageddon because it's more customisable and it's got more weapons, plus it has a campaign which the other one didn't.

I've already set up my team of worms, they are The Hawkies! Featuring worms:

Hawky
Hawkster
Hawkson
Hawker

XD

I remember the ps1 classic - what were those worms called again under the player-1 team, The Gods? All I can remember was Odin...Can't remember the other three names.

LurifaxFlux
9th September 2010, 07:28 AM
I never really played the original Armageddon game, but as a child, I did grow up with Worms 2 :D

I'll be getting this sooner or later, how much does it cost?

DreamyElf
9th September 2010, 07:46 AM
worms armageddon was one of the best and funniest games(after iss pro) to play against friends back in the good old psone days...i loved it back then!
i'm a bit short on money now but i hope i'll buy it in the future... :)

@lurifax: it costs 15 Euro, there is also a demo available on psn :)

TheFrostE
9th September 2010, 04:10 PM
im jealous that i live in the US right now since we didnt get it or a confirmed release date for it here :( gameshare with me EURO guys!!!! :p my top10 ranked standings are still being upheld on the first worms for psn i need it!!!

plus in armageddon the roping physics were mint

Mr Phlanj
12th September 2010, 05:48 AM
sweeeet!! i still play it with my mates :D dose it have ALL the classic weapons (Concrete Donkey, sallys army, French sheep stike and the like)?

right....now thats two reasons to get a ps3 :D

mic-dk
15th September 2010, 07:16 PM
Hm, played it a bit today and dare I say it... I actually liked the previous one better...

It just seems slower, the zoom is slow and it just feels heavier. Maybe it'll grow on me, but so far the not-Armageddon Worms is still numero uno in my book.

MetaKraken
15th September 2010, 07:23 PM
Never mind. It's already released.