PDA

View Full Version : Curry burn cure - help!

Challenger #001
14th July 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm sure most of us have been there - gone to a different restaurant, ordered a familiar curry or a new one, only to find that this place's definition of 'hot' is a bit too much for you.

So given that my lips are on fire and I feel like I'm pregnant with an aircraft carrier, anyone got a decent cure?

KIGO1987
14th July 2010, 07:21 PM
Ace-Flo is a paki. He might be able to give you some useful tips on hot curry's :)

mdhay
14th July 2010, 07:32 PM
Milk, and I don't think Ace would appreciate that, to be honest Kigo.

KIGO1987
14th July 2010, 07:36 PM
Well we both have talked about currys in voice chat sessions on the PSN. Im sure Ace would have some useful advices for curry burn. Myself i love hot food, including hot currys i nearly died having this vindaloo once. But it was also one of the most best currys i ever had also.

ACE-FLO
14th July 2010, 07:46 PM
I don't appreciate itMdhay - you're right, but Kigos the only onew I can't get annoyed at for calling me a Paki (fact, the word Paki actually means "CLEAN" in Urdu)

As for the Curry Bum scenario - speak to the resident Indian, Dr_ACE-FLO, mbbs (qualified in Jaipur, India)

Always have a hot curry with the traditional yoghurt drink called Lassi - trust me, you could eat naga and scotch bonnet peppers together and though it'd burn your mouth, the Lassi wll ensure that your ass hole is safe :D

Failing that, Mdhay got the second best option - Milk ;) right on buddy, right on :D

KIGO1987
14th July 2010, 07:54 PM
Paki is short for Pakistani, i thought. Its not like im calling Ace-Flo a terrorist or anything. FFS why are so many people are on edge about this political correctness bullshit that runs the world of today. I dont give a flying **** if someone calls me a skip, ding or a wog at all.

But back to topic about the Curry Bum scenario, there is a solution to that, its a naked flame. Just be careful as the fire can singe your pants bad.

ACE-FLO
14th July 2010, 07:59 PM
NOt recommended though :paperbag, I now have an ass hole on my elbow... makes for a great party trick :D

SaturnReturn
14th July 2010, 08:47 PM
Some might argue that terms such as 'paki' or other things along similar lines aren't offensive, but they will offend. This is definitely inappropriate language at the very least, and will net anyone the relevant infraction.

KIGO1987
14th July 2010, 09:52 PM
Paki i dont believe is an offensive word. Its short of "Pakistani". As someone from Pakistani decent.

Come to Australia and hear what the REALLY offensive words used to describe different groups of people, not some poncy light hearted stuff that some people seemed to get easily offended by.

wiintermute
15th July 2010, 06:43 AM
I have been experimenting with crazy hot food a lot...recently tried Bhut Jolokia, the hottest chili in the world. Utter insanity, I'm telling you :)

Back on topic: curd, yoghurt (lassi works wonders, yeah), orange/mango juice, oil (I know how it sounds, but it does work). Water doesn't work at all. You could also chew on fresh veggies like cabbage leaves or carrot.
You should absolutely avoid ANY alcohols, they ignite the fire.

stin
15th July 2010, 03:36 PM
I`d thought ghost chilli were the hottest in the world!

stevie:s

KIGO1987
15th July 2010, 04:05 PM
Where can i buy one of these Chili's i want to have a try of it. I love chili's

Hellfire_WZ
15th July 2010, 04:58 PM
Stevie - the bhut jolokia IS the ghost chilli :)

ACE-FLO
15th July 2010, 05:40 PM
"Have a curry, have a laugh... in the morning, ass need bath" old Indian saying :D

Oh, and for the record - I am an Indian LOL, our countries split over 50 years ago now, but our genes are similiar :) SO is the food actually...

See, in the north of India, the food is spicy, but notso hot that you'd burn yourself a new one the next day, ... same situation in Pakistan, the food is spicy, but not so hot tha ... la la la

But the further south you travel, the hotter it gets - like Madras, or worse (God forbid your delicate stomachs ever experience the volcano that is Sri Lankan curry)

Anywya, how'd ti go mate? did your ass hole survive the morining schitt? I'd hate to know that our efforts were wasted, please enlighten us :D

stin
15th July 2010, 05:51 PM
Stevie - the bhut jolokia IS the ghost chilli :)

Should have looked it through google!!!!:paperbag

Cheers Hellfire!:nod:+

I do love spicy foods!, Even had vindaloo!!:blarg, is that hot enough for yous?:!

stevie:)

infoxicated
16th July 2010, 09:24 AM
Come to Australia and hear what the REALLY offensive words used to describe different groups of people, not some poncy light hearted stuff that some people seemed to get easily offended by.
You're not in Australia when you're posting on here. You're in WipEoutZone and you well know the standards we expect here.

You've been down this road before, Kigo - take the ****ing infraction and stop acting like it's you against the world every time you break the rules on here. It's a tired act and I thought we'd put it behind us.

Taking it public, pissing and moaning about it - that just makes the jobs of the moderators here very hard and you bloody know it because you've been the cause of most of the hard work on here for over a year.

Just because you've been unbanned doesn't mean you're now untouchable and can flaunt the rules, either. The standards still apply and participation here is completely voluntary - if you can't bring yourself to live with the standards we expect then get off the bus.

Discussion over.

AppleJack
17th July 2010, 04:10 PM
I thought milk was also supposed to help douse the fire from over-spicy foods.

ACE-FLO
17th July 2010, 05:23 PM
Milk does help. I just came back from a Pakistani wedding, and there was loads of Lassi (the sweet yoghurt drink) so I kinda managed to jack a tub full of it and bring it home with me :D

infoxicated
17th July 2010, 06:54 PM
Om nom! :D

KIGO1987
18th July 2010, 10:23 AM
Any one here a fan of palak paneer?

Love that stuff :D

Challenger #001
21st July 2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks to all who gave their opinions - the milk was the best help for me as well as a cycle out in the rainy English countryside for an hour or so. Wipeoutzone has saved me once again. ;3