PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 3 is looking pimpin'

OBH
13th July 2010, 07:05 PM
Anyone seen these videos?? Looking siiiiiiiiick :rock

Stabby, stabby (http://killzone.com/kz3/hub.html#/?content-id=kz3_brutalmelee)
lengthy demonstration, and yes, that is a jetpack (http://killzone.com/kz3/hub.html#/?content-id=kz3_e3presentation) :)

Dingo
17th July 2010, 11:55 PM
OMG i cant wait! I was a massive fan of the first and even a bigger fan of the second so i cant wait to see what the third brings!

YouAreFubar
23rd July 2010, 07:45 PM
Ive been watching this with great interest, its looking pretty sweet! Im even more happy with the fact they are looking at the control responsiveness as well. They are looking at trying to sort out the deadzone and input lag to make it a little more responsive without ruining the realistic heavy feel. Cant wait!

Rapier Racer
23rd July 2010, 08:19 PM
That looks awesome, I love Killzone! Might have to fire KZ2 back up for a rerun.

OBH
24th July 2010, 07:56 AM
i bought kz2 again as soon as i saw those vids. the games still sick.

infoxicated
24th July 2010, 04:43 PM
I so wanted to like Killzone 2 - I was gutted when I realised I couldn't change the button configuration. Just need to hope they'll add that to Killzone 3, because it does look very good indeed.

OBH
26th July 2010, 10:27 AM
I never quite understood the wide spread hatred for kz controls. It isnt like ups left and X is right or anything stupid :beer (though i totally understand that since the days of old games have had the option to reconfigure, so why not these next gen games? :))
Im not sure about the button configurations themselves, but i know they've redesigned the 'feel' of everything. They sound very proud about the subtle changes to movement, sensitivity, and recoil based on the equipment your carrying.

Best bit in my opinion that Ive read, is that online jet packs can be stolen as long as you kill the pilot and not destroy the pack :)

yeldar2097
26th July 2010, 01:53 PM
+1 Infoxicated

I bought KZ2 without realising you couldn't change the config. Big mistake. Fabulous game and in the end I kinda got used to the controls but they're probably the reason I never stuck with the game after playing through it.

Timesplitters config mashed with a bit of CoD:MW mmmmm

That said I'll still end up getting KZ3 regardless because it looks rather too tasty to pass up.

OBH
26th July 2010, 07:32 PM
you guys just need to learn to adapt, not every game is timesplitters :D

mdhay
26th July 2010, 08:05 PM
At least we can still use the weapon we're holding to melee, I've never understood the practicality of reaching for a measly knife when you're carrying several pounds of forged steel, which would do more damage smacking somebody round the temple than slashing somebody who's wearing kevlar, whilst in the time you took to ready said knife, you could have god knows how many bullets in you...

BulletWraith
6th August 2010, 03:31 AM
not sure if its everyone's cup of tea but here's a great interview with a couple of the Killzone developers
HHG's Killzone3 interview (http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/sony-killzone-3-welcomes-the-challenge-of-gears-3-%E2%80%9Cwe-love-epic-games%E2%80%9D-very-deep-interview-must-see/) Enjoy:rock

Churrburgers
Stevie

OBH
6th August 2010, 09:10 AM
Nice interview.

"Call of Duty has spoiled and deluded gamers"

Well said mate!!! :D:+

mdhay
6th August 2010, 10:50 AM
KIllzone doesn't just kill Call of Duty, It murders it. Brutally, Violently, to such an extent that Visari would cry for his mother. That's How good it is. :D

OBH
7th August 2010, 09:59 AM
Ive always liked killzones mixed bag when it comes to "reality".

It doesnt have the same gravity physics as say battlefield, but isnt as gravity free as CoD4. Instead it has some truly killer recoil for some of its weapons.

Its a great middle ground.

PLus you cant go wrong with the americans vs british-speaking-space-nazis storyline :beer The Helghast are clearly one of the best factions in a game ever imo.

YouAreFubar
15th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Clicky (http://www.killzone.com/kz3/hub.html)

Theres a couple of videos and an explanation of their new 'brutal melee system'. Sounds brilliant!

Edit: By beta I dont mean theyre letting people play it, its just the bare bones website!

MegaGeeza22
4th February 2011, 12:43 AM
Hey, if you didnt no, the Killzone 3 open beta is in the EU ps store!! its hidden in the ps+ section..

slimjim
4th February 2011, 01:02 AM
or on the latest section

Mr Phlanj
4th February 2011, 01:43 AM
looks like ill be taking my ps3 from my bro tommorow :D

MegaGeeza22
4th February 2011, 02:21 AM
your right slimjim! i must be going blind lol!
The beta is awesome!:g

OBH
4th February 2011, 09:39 AM
looks like ill be taking my ps3 from my bro tommorow :D

Haha! Dont blame you. Its badass mate!! :rock

slimjim
4th February 2011, 04:02 PM
it certainly is

mdhay
4th February 2011, 09:01 PM
Medics now look awesome, and the ISA have the machine pistol back from the first one and their own SMG. :hyper :hyper :hyper :D

Jav
4th February 2011, 10:07 PM
Killzone 2 was terrible, not sure if any of you played it competitively online but it was terrible. Not interested... oh btw there was some article that said SP lasts only 4,5 hours, lol. Although that's not really a surprise with modern-day shooters... still, the online doesn't make up for it.

QjonPL
6th February 2011, 03:46 PM
There was a time when I was playing alot 2vs2/3vs3 clan matches, I had a great partner and I loved intense, tactics-oriented games, not just runnin'n'gunnin with rocket launchers on Radec Academy :paperbag
So I don't think that KZ2 online was terrible, players were terrible ;)

About KZ3 Beta: Frozen Dam map is a complete :turd far from being balanced; ISA as usual can be easily locked on their own respawn point. In KZ2 you could do the same on some maps with heavy weaponry, but here it's even worse, because you can do it with just a bunch of shotty users :| (+ one sniper if you want complete pwnage)
Heavy machine guns are also overpowered.

Jav
6th February 2011, 04:47 PM
No, in the 4v4 games and the like, people would just whore the spawn grenade, it was terrible, just 8 players within 5 meters of each other trying to capture the objective. Truly ridiculous.