PDA

View Full Version : PS3 update - new video editor

OBH
29th June 2010, 02:12 PM
I was very surprised today to see i needed to download a new video editor for the ps3.

Has anyone had a bash on it yet? I tried to get a clip off the store to see what it can do but it doesnt allow editing of copyrighted material, fair enough.

No idea what file types it allows yet, or if it does nothing more than allowing you to place clips next to each other, but ill have a look later.

edit:
well making this thread was a painful waste of time. Granted you cut clips, add text and change playback speed.... but thats it...?? And more annoyingly, you cannot add music that you have on your machine!! instead you have to use from a painful default 12 tunes they've provided....

nice idea, but you failed :-

KIGO1987
29th June 2010, 06:31 PM
Sounds like the exact same thing you find on the Sony Ericsson Mobile phones, with the VideoDJ software, Basic Video editing software pretty much. Nothing too fancy. I used it back in the day to edit my fang videos on the mob.

ACE-FLO
29th June 2010, 06:36 PM
I downloaded the software and i'm disappointed. I got an eye camera and made a clip using the eye create software - then tried to use that clip in the video sharing app, only to be told that clips used from software pre-dating version 3.40 will nnot work. Well that's just dandy isn't it, since no such software that works with this app, acrually exists at this time...

Like you OBH, i'm giving this one a big thumbs down :-

KIGO1987
29th June 2010, 06:42 PM
\only to be told that clips used from software pre-dating version 3.40 will nnot work.

ok, now that is bullshit. Stuffed if im using it now.