PDA

View Full Version : The WZ GranTurismo PSP AdHoc Trackdays (W.Z.GT.TD)

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 01:17 AM
Hello everyone. :)

WIPEOUT ZONE GT PSP TRACK DAYS

Starting from Wedensday 23rd June the WZ will have it's very own organised track-stat tracking Gran Turismo racing experience!
Ranging from restriction free racing-to specific ruleset races no to trackdays will be the same
I got this idea after the lack of GT Mode was bugging me, so I decided to make my own
Gran Turismo PSP is the greatest racing experience avalible on the handheld, with amazing physics combined with 800 cars and plenty of tracks

UPCOMING EVENTS
WED 23RD JUNE-Grand Opening

Time - [SIZE="4"]TBC
Information:
-Each race is 4 laps long for this event
-All cars are applicable for this event
-Tracks TBD
-Official Event [Stats will be tracked]

RACE DRIVERS CONFIRMED
JeremyKyle'sProtege
KIGO

I hope you decide to join the fun ;)
Join the one and only official WZ Gran Turismo group and keep up to date with the latest happenings in the GT Universe:http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=51

JKP

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 01:30 AM
Nice one.

I did have a Gran Turismo social group created last year. Seems to have disappeared like a fart in a hurricane.

Might make another one since GT5 will be coming out later this year as well.

GT PSP is quite fun, just got to find the people to join.

Send a few messages around see if anyone else is interested in this.

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 01:35 AM
Will do KIGO!

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 01:38 AM
Done recreated the group again. :)

Have a look :)

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=51

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 01:41 AM
Joined! Sending PMs to the people you know who played GT PSP in the past!

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 01:58 AM
Cool :)

You might have to send at least 900 messages to Kaori now days to get a response from him, he's on GT once in a while. Xtriko is a pure Gran Turismo nut he'll be happy to join.

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 02:05 AM
OP Updated.

JABBERJAW
21st June 2010, 02:13 AM
"Gran Turismo PSP is the greatest racing experience avalible on the handheld, with amazing physics combined with 800 cars and plenty of tracks"

It might rank third :) There are two games I can think of that I like more

Have a fun time guys, it sound like fun.

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks Jabberjaw :)

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 02:26 AM
Was on GT PSP last week. Doing a few laps of the Nürburgring in a 2006 GT Legacy. Is quite impressive handheld game when you have a moment to reflect on Polyphony Digital efforts they have put into the game. Not how much content it is missing, but the individual car dynamics, and the many bumps and crests on the road.

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 07:26 AM
i wish i could join you guys since i play GT from 1998 and i own wipeout pure/pulse(got it 2 days ago ) and GT for psp...
BUT unfortunately i have my ps3 connected wireless and my modem is too far away so it's impossible to connect my ps3 with an ethernet cable to the modem :(
(i think ad-hoc party it's a failure for this reason, hopefully they'll fix it with psp2 someday...)

anyway, i also play GT5 Prologue a lot and of course wipeout HD so maybe we'll play someday on ps3! :)

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 07:41 AM
Aw man DreamyElf that sucks :(, Hopefully I WILL see you online on ps3. ;)

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 10:55 AM
yeah man that's for sure, actually i think i 've raced a couple of times with you in hd :)

dude, can you imagine my disappointment when i first downloaded the ad-hoc party only to find later that you can't play via wireless ps3?
that's rubbish!
ii would be a dream to have a race online on Nurbugring, Midfield, Grand Valey, Trial Mountain!
i guess i'll have to wait until november and GT5 to have that dream come true! XD
hopefully they'll fix the online because prologue's online mode sucks BAD!

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 11:04 AM
dreamy I CAN imagine because I had the same problem:lol.
'Twas gt that spurred me on to buy a 10m ethernet cable, the fact you need a wired connection is balls!
Well, apparently there will be online team racing on GT5 so join the gt social group to be part of the WZ gt team ;)

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 11:15 AM
haha :)
the funny thing is that i had a cable modem for 4 years and when i switched to wireless one year later comes the ad-hoc party! ironic isn't it? XD
no way i'm going back to cable though, i have 2 doors blocking me! lol

actually i read in a forum that you can connect a laptop with an ethernet cable to ps3 and then ad-hoc party works.i haven't tested myself though,i'm a little lazy... :)
but if it works maybe i could give ad-hoc a second chance ;)

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 11:20 AM
That would be awesome...not many people are interested! :(

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 11:25 AM
i think i have somewhere an ethernet cable...
i'll try later and see if i can get the whole thing to work.
if it doesn't we'll have to wait for GT5 mate! :/
or we can roll a couple of races on prologue... ;)
anyway, i'll post here as soon i have any update on the situation!

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 12:15 PM
PS3 only has one WiFi point. So you have to have your net running through a Ethernet cable to be able to use the Adhoc Party app.

I might fire up the PSP again when i got a good spare moment. Have some Gran Turismo PSP races maybe in a few days time.

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 12:26 PM
ok i've just tested it with a laptop and i think it's working!
i mean i don't know how exactly adhoc party works but i've created a room in GT psp and then i found it through party search...
the problem was there was no one online so i could be wrong.

anyway we'll have to check it later jeremy to see if you can see me online. lol

the problem is i can't do this all the time since i changed my network settings, i'm completely surrounded by wires,too many devices on at the same time, so it's a little uncomfortable for me.
but i can definitely do this once in a while for some fun! ;)

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 12:50 PM
What form of adhoc are you using?

There is XLink Ka for the PC and then there is the PS3 adhoc.

UB3R~JKP
21st June 2010, 02:16 PM
Well, that was a mess 'O_O. Me and DreamyElf never got a race because of some strange occurences :/. We brainstormed for A good while to no avail! I was able to race others but not DreamyElf :(.

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 05:59 PM
@KIGO
i've tried adhoc via ps3(adhoc party)

X link was too complicated for me when i tried it 2 years ago :)

@jeremy
yeah man, that was a little frustrating, over an hour of trying and we managed to race only 4 races for 1/2 lap!!! :(
well if you combined the 4 1/2 laps we completed a 2 lap race! XD
at least you had some fun with the other guy and managed to complete a race! ;)

too bad though as i was hoping for a nurburgring race with the S2000 LM race car...
well i guess i did something wrong in the setup with laptop>ps3>psp
or my psp is dead! lol

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 06:33 PM
X-Link is hair losing material, getting it to work and all. Keyboards and mice dont stand a chance after a few hours. adhoc party PS3 is better and easier to use, even if the english varients are a bit buggy compared to the earlier release Jap app.

Ive got a launch model PSP-1000 from back in 2005. Still goes good, just listening to some music on it right now actually. Battery doesnt last long at all, and i cant get another battery for it (legit Sony one for that matter), for reasons of what people used them for, non OFW matters. When online on the PSP it doesnt charge as most would know, but by leaving in the AC charging cable in it while online the PSP console drains power at a slower rate giving more time to race online on the PSP.

If you are trying to find an adhoc room with Gran Turismo players in it, there are folks from a site called GTPlanet that sometimes organize a few get togethers, here is the site link;

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154

I think the thread is a sticky over there.

ACE-FLO
21st June 2010, 06:45 PM
About the battery for PSP - mines is useless to me now, since I bricked the pregnant lady (FAT psp 1000) so give me ya details via PSN and i'll send you my unit thru the post - take it apart for parts if ya want :)

KIGO1987
21st June 2010, 07:10 PM
If its an empty good life span battery, might take you on that offer there.

tbh might put the old faithful to rest soon, its lasted quite a while, might upgrade to a 3000 or a Go. Or the next gen PSP console which i was hoping to see last week on the Sony E3 Conference broadcast. Never saw shown. Was hoping like a mobile phone connective device or something.

DreamyElf
21st June 2010, 07:13 PM
that's one of the reasons i sold my psp launch model and grabbed a slim 3000 one!
the build quality is poor (cheap plastic) but i got new battery and the screen is brighter. : )
plus i love the red psp!